collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Transfer of Federal Public Lands?  (Read 17093 times)

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Transfer of Federal Public Lands?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »
IHunting will survive and there are plenty of ways to force access easements into the transfer of lands that don't remain in state control.

This is the fine print that would lead hunting towards a bad direction in America....

How well is an ever expanding federal government working out for the direction of America? Its not enough to have a state department of education, we need to have the feds with their own department as well. Then we wonder why we can't escape Common Core and have boys showering with girls? Its not enough to have a state department of ecology but we need to have the feds with their own department as well.. Then we wonder why the last lead smelting plant in the U.S. is driven out of business  :bash:

What does that have to do with public land?  There is no more public land today than there was the moment we acquired what is the current US, in fact, it has gone down slightly.  What has changed is that the states have sold off a ton of the land they controlled and it is now locked up and not available for use by the public.  In general, you have more freedom to use fed land than you do with state land and they have an excellent track record of not selling it off.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
What does that have to do with public land?  There is no more public land today than there was the moment we acquired what is the current US, in fact, it has gone down slightly.  What has changed is that the states have sold off a ton of the land they controlled and it is now locked up and not available for use by the public.  In general, you have more freedom to use fed land than you do with state land and they have an excellent track record of not selling it off.
It might not get sold off as in deed and title, but sure feels like sometimes a couple greeny groups own it.  All they have to do is reach for their phone implying they're calling their lawyers and some of the FS districts just let them dictate--closing roads, decomming trails/roads, shutting down logging, blocking military training, etc.  Getting to the point that any new owner other than the FS might be worth a shot just to get someone in to stand up to the greenies.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »
Every year I hunt BLM land, almost exclusively, and have yet to see a greenie or anyone for that matter.

Offline Chappy84

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 05:19:19 PM »
45.8% of California is federal. 28.5% of Washington is federal. How's the hunting in Cali? I would need to be far more educated on this topic to take a stand but my gut says less FED is good. It is after all supposed to be THESE United States not, THE United States. It has been my impression that the fed was designed to play a small roll in this country? Any way school me people I'm all ears.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 05:32:26 PM »
It might not get sold off as in deed and title, but sure feels like sometimes a couple greeny groups own it.  All they have to do is reach for their phone implying they're calling their lawyers and some of the FS districts just let them dictate--closing roads, decomming trails/roads, shutting down logging, blocking military training, etc.  Getting to the point that any new owner other than the FS might be worth a shot just to get someone in to stand up to the greenies.

You do realize that everyone has access to public land right?  So it needs to be managed to allow access to all types of activities, not just the ones important to you.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »

You do realize that everyone has access to public land right?  So it needs to be managed to allow access to all types of activities, not just the ones important to you.
Exactly!!!!!!!  I don't want anyone off multi-use lands.  Come west and see the greenies constantly trying to invent new ways to keep anyone that isn't like them off public land.
I don't know how I got labeled anti-access.  I WANT there to be a place for jeep/yota clubs, shooting, snow machines, mountain biking, mushroom hunting, logging, camping.  I couldn't imagine being a district manager with the forest service seeing what they have to deal with, sad in a way how the courts can be used.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:47:05 PM by JimmyHoffa »

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 07:44:12 PM »
I think this could go either way depending on the state. Some states would manage the land better than the current federal management while other states wouldn't manage it as well or possibly sell it to the highest bidder.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
Keeping it federal is the only way to ensure it stays public. States cant afford to manage that much land and would sell it when they got the right offer in which case its likely to go private and more than likely to be off limits to 99% of hunters.  It happens all the time.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »
45.8% of California is federal. 28.5% of Washington is federal. How's the hunting in Cali? I would need to be far more educated on this topic to take a stand but my gut says less FED is good. It is after all supposed to be THESE United States not, THE United States. It has been my impression that the fed was designed to play a small roll in this country? Any way school me people I'm all ears.
In my opinion hunting in California is 10 times better than WA  :twocents: I just started hunting there the past few years and have been shocked.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:38 PM »
I'm for it. Hunting will survive and there are plenty of ways to force access easements into the transfer of lands that don't remain in state control.
Do you have an example of that ever happening with state auctioned land? 
I know of none. In fact, nearly all of the recent sales of WA DNR lands have been to county parks departments which prohibit hunting.

Offline Nmesub

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
http://onlineathens.com/outdoors/2017-01-19/rule-easing-public-lands-transfer-concerns-hunters-others
Rule change to ease transfer of land to states. Those that say this is a good thing go try and hunt on public lands in the south east. I vote down the line Republican but if they continue down this path I'm done and believe a majority of the hunting community would be also.

Offline Eric M

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »
The first video in a very informative series. He's pretty passionate about this.

Offline Bean Counter

• Site Sponsor
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 04:32:24 AM »
The first video in a very informative series. He's pretty passionate about this.

... watching

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:31 AM »
For those who don't have the time to watch the Newburg. Videos, these can be found in podcast form as well.
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing the videos those were very informational.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]