collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multiple tags Drawn  (Read 19751 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Multiple tags Drawn
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
We should beable to forfeit the permit of our choice and keep our points in that category if we draw multiple permits for the same species.  My son drew a bull and a antlerless permit last year and obviously only hunted the bull permit.  It would have been nice to beable to decline the antlerless permit and keep the points.  It worked out and he took a stud bull that was worth losing the points in both categories but as we all know that doesnt always happen.
Absolutely not! You apply and draw your points are gone. I like that people get their points used up faster. It ups the odds of drawing for everyone else by removing some points from the pool. Wa draw system is already complicated enough.
I feel that we pay to play their game. If we draw a cow and bull permit we should be able to buy a second elk tag and harvest both animals. Tired of hearing about them letting us draw multiple tags but only letting us fill one of them.
In wa you don't draw a tag, but a permit. You buy a tag to be able to apply for the permits and to actually hunt. I would like to see WA actually draw for tags.. i.e. You draw a colockum cow tag for example. That season is all that you get to hunt that year.  :twocents:

Offline Buzz2401

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »
We should beable to forfeit the permit of our choice and keep our points in that category if we draw multiple permits for the same species.  My son drew a bull and a antlerless permit last year and obviously only hunted the bull permit.  It would have been nice to beable to decline the antlerless permit and keep the points.  It worked out and he took a stud bull that was worth losing the points in both categories but as we all know that doesnt always happen.
Absolutely not! You apply and draw your points are gone. I like that people get their points used up faster. It ups the odds of drawing for everyone else by removing some points from the pool. Wa draw system is already complicated enough.
I feel that we pay to play their game. If we draw a cow and bull permit we should be able to buy a second elk tag and harvest both animals. Tired of hearing about them letting us draw multiple tags but only letting us fill one of them.
In wa you don't draw a tag, but a permit. You buy a tag to be able to apply for the permits and to actually hunt. I would like to see WA actually draw for tags.. i.e. You draw a colockum cow tag for example. That season is all that you get to hunt that year.  :twocents:

I like that idea.

Offline jstone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »
must be nice. this year will be 12 quality deer and 12 quality elk

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 06:15:07 PM »
Sounds like this may be your year
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I've been playing the ghost point game with elk lately, just because I don't want to draw multiple.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline KNOPHISH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 08:56:04 PM »
Don't need a second draw, just use the alternate list. They have alternates for oil but not sure about deer/elk but it would work.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 04:42:52 AM »
In wa you don't draw a tag, but a permit. You buy a tag to be able to apply for the permits and to actually hunt. I would like to see WA actually draw for tags.. i.e. You draw a colockum cow tag sorry for the mistake for example. That season is all that you get to hunt that year.  :twocents:

:bash:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 04:51:15 AM by steeleywhopper »
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline wheels

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 05:02:11 AM »
drew bull  cow and mh tag  no meat hit the ground should have  tried to return the cow tag

Offline Fish4Fun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 08:50:14 AM »
I've been playing the ghost point game with elk lately, just because I don't want to draw multiple.

This will be my game plan now that I have the Quality Bull out of the way. I will ghost the any bull and try to get my cow points drawn, then go after the any bull permit. Really don't want to wipe out the any bull and cow all in the same season.

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 09:33:24 PM »
In Washington one should never concern ones self with drawing a tag, much less multiples thereof.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Allen23

• Tracker
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »
Well it might be worth concerning your self with the "trouble" or drawing a tag in Washington, if there weren't people drawing multiple tags in one year with out being able to return the one they didnt want back to the pool. In my opinion it's very obvious that we that choose to hunt have to pay to play. By that I mean if they are only going to let us fill one tag a year we should only be able to put in for one, but fish and game will never use common sense like that because they get to reap the benefits of making us start all over again with buying points after the ones we can use go to waste. I think it would be simple if we got to prioritize our hunts just like we do our units. If we want to be drawn for the quality bill before we are drawn for a cow or bull elk hunt then we mark it down as our first preference to be drawn. If we get drawn for our first choice we are removed from the other pools, thus increasing the odds in those pools. Think about it let's say there are 100 big bull tags in eastern Wa. That would be 200 less people you would have to compete with for antlerless or bull elk tags.
In a world where it is so easy to attach your self to the negative side of things remember, What would Grandpa say?

Offline huntbow

• Tracker
    • hunter bouma
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »
I like Allen23's idea, just have the Quality tags drawn first, Bull second and Cow third.  If you draw a Quality tag it takes you out of the drawing for the other two. BUT, since i cant make the rules but have to play by them, here's my game.  Preference point through the 3 categories (Quality, Bull and Cow) and only put in to draw for ONE.  example, currently i have 13 bull points, 5 Quality and 1 Cow.  The next tag i put in for will be a Bull tag, until i draw that tag i will build preference points for Quality and Cow.  I know i may not draw as many tags as someone who tries to draw all three every year but i know i have a pretty good shot at drawing a tag when i want it without having to worry about starting over in another category by double drawing. 
What if i don't draw one?  Plenty of other opportunity, Idaho or Colorado OTC tags.  I can hunt Washington another year.
If you put in and draw multiple tags that's your choice and not mine.  However, I don't feel that points should be given back in that circumstance just for the fact that others have already pointed out "point creep". There are different ways to play their game and this is mine.

Offline OutHouse

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Department of Foliage, Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 10:08:51 AM »
I've heard this story so many times it raises the suspicion that the system is rigged. All the guys who draw a bull tag get a cow tag but who would go for the cow over the bull? Sounds like they know the hunter will take the bull leaving the cow tag unfilled, and also ensuring no other hunter gets a chance at that cow (through the draw system anyway). Seems like a management scheme.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
It's unfortunate the system allows multiple permits to be drawn by someone, although I read several years ago that the number of applicants who draw multiple permits for the same specie is actually quite small.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline mburrows

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Go Cougs!
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »
I dont really like that you can draw multiple tags either but mainly because it takes a tag away from another guy that may want your bull tag if youve drawn a bull and quality tag. I have to believe that this doesnt hapoen very often though. And if you dont fill that quality tag at least you've still got a chance during the bull tag season.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]