collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Craziest fox shoot I have ever heard of  (Read 2248 times)

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
Craziest fox shoot I have ever heard of
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
In 1992 we were driving down the highway from my grandfather's home in Livingston up to Malta to shoot coyotes and I looked out the window and saw a fox swimming in a canal... .. . so I say: pull over there is a fox swimming in the canal.

We jump out and the fox spies us and high tails it outa' there.  But he caught a bullet on his exit.  So we are standing there talking and I look across an open area and see a fox looking out of the rough, tall grass and sage, a hundred fifty yards away... and we shoot him.   Then another one pops his head up and looks right at us... and we shoot him.  Then three or four stick their head up and look at us and we shoot a couple of them.   Then others start popping their head up to get a look and it is like a shooting gallery.  No sooner would we shoot one and another would pop his head up to take a look. 

IIRC, we picked up six or seven.  They were all adults and who knows why they were so curious.  I just talked to one of the guys who was in the truck with me and he reminded me of that experience. 

Has anyone else ever heard of anything so odd?  I have seen a "pack" of foxes feeding on a dead steer, and have seen a "pack" working around a hay shed, but have no experience with foxes being so hell bent on getting a better look at something like three guys shooting at them that they needed a better look.     

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Craziest fox shoot I have ever heard of
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
Nope most I've ever seen together was 2 except one we seen with 3 pups . That had to have been one hell of a shoot !

Offline Trapper John

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Life member of: WSTA, NTA, ITA, NRA also member of FTA, F4WM
Re: Craziest fox shoot I have ever heard of
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »

I wonder if it was the whole litter family unit and they were still all together  :dunno:
If it was late fall early winter all of them would of been full grown.
JC   :hello:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal