collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bull Elk Wolf Kill- Yellowstone  (Read 11537 times)

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Bull Elk Wolf Kill- Yellowstone
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:16:02 PM »
Happened on an awesome scene this morning in Yellowstone NP. The Lamar Valley pack killed a nice bull last night sometime and were actively feeding on it through this morning!!

Made our day!!

Sorry for the low quality, I just had my phone and Spotter.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:36:50 PM by cbond3318 »
Just tend your own and live.

Offline 3dsheetmetal

• Longhunter
Re: Bull Elk Wolf Kill- Yellowstone
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 04:23:46 PM »
 :bfg: :bfg: :bfg: :bfg:
It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need one and not have it.                                                                             Local 66 sheetmetal workers

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
Long September chasing cows, hard winter, and finally, little energy to outrun the pack...  It's a hard life for a bull elk!  Thanks for sharing these great shots, Cbond.  You're lucky to witness this.  We need these types of scenes in some places in the North American landscape... (But, disclaimer, I am OK if it's not everywhere) 

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
Long September chasing cows, hard winter, and finally, little energy to outrun the pack...  It's a hard life for a bull elk!  Thanks for sharing these great shots, Cbond.  You're lucky to witness this.  We need these types of scenes in some places in the North American landscape... (But, disclaimer, I am OK if it's not everywhere)

I agree!

Feel very thankful to have witnessed this and thankful it is still naturally occurring. (In certain geographics) :tup:

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »
that one wolf burned or have mange? 

Offline Bigshooter

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Old Salt
  • High Wide And Heavy
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »

I hope mange.
Welcome to liberal America, where the truth is condemned and facts are ignored so as not to "offend" anyone

"Borders, language, culture."

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
I personally hate seeing this, I'm I the only one?  I'd rather the bull lived and those wolves die a miserable death starving! 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 06:05:56 PM »
I personally hate seeing this, I'm I the only one?  I'd rather the bull lived and those wolves die a miserable death starving!

:yeah:

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 07:06:20 PM »

It looked like it could have been something like mange. The fur was noticeably shorter and extended through his right hind leg and over its back to mid spine.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »

I'm with you!

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 07:47:46 AM »

I'm with you!
:yeah:  :tup:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 08:25:30 AM »

:yeah:

x3   :tup:

Offline elkboy

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »
I hate to rehash what has been rehashed on here, again, and again, and again, but here is what I am learning:
-That we ought to violate the law when we disagree with wildlife policy or its outcome, and furthermore, whenever we are given the opportunity.
-That (apparently) wolves are moral agents instead of just another carnivore species, and therefore deserve not just death, but a miserable one.  Clearly they do not even deserve the protections against cruelty that we extend to the murderers among our own species. 
-That there is no place, not even in the Lamar Valley, in a fairly extensive National Park, where a timeless process of predator and prey can persist.  No compromise. 

These are sad lessons.  I wish more of us could see the power and awe in what Cbond is sharing with us, even if it is admittedly a harsh reality of the natural world.  This is a snapshot of the millennial processes that made elk (and all other species of deer, and many more beyond) the incredibly tough, wary, and athletic game animals that we admire and pursue.

For the record, I am for wolf management.  Including lethal options.  Including pack removal if a particular pack is problematic.  Including regulated harvest of them as a challenging game animal.  Heck, even the trapping of them as a furbearer (the Shoshone of the Northern Rockies wore a good bit of wolf fur during the winter!).  Even fully excluding them from sizable areas of the West to prioritize game animal production and ranching.  And I am sorry if all of that is not enough for some. 

And I apologize if this comes across as a rant-  it is not intended to be.  But I was raised to speak my beliefs, and I hope even those who disagree with me will take it as respectfully done.

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:54 AM »
I hate to rehash what has been rehashed on here, again, and again, and again, but here is what I am learning:
-That we ought to violate the law when we disagree with wildlife policy or its outcome, and furthermore, whenever we are given the opportunity.
-That (apparently) wolves are moral agents instead of just another carnivore species, and therefore deserve not just death, but a miserable one.  Clearly they do not even deserve the protections against cruelty that we extend to the murderers among our own species. 
-That there is no place, not even in the Lamar Valley, in a fairly extensive National Park, where a timeless process of predator and prey can persist.  No compromise. 

These are sad lessons.  I wish more of us could see the power and awe in what Cbond is sharing with us, even if it is admittedly a harsh reality of the natural world.  This is a snapshot of the millennial processes that made elk (and all other species of deer, and many more beyond) the incredibly tough, wary, and athletic game animals that we admire and pursue.

For the record, I am for wolf management.  Including lethal options.  Including pack removal if a particular pack is problematic.  Including regulated harvest of them as a challenging game animal.  Heck, even the trapping of them as a furbearer (the Shoshone of the Northern Rockies wore a good bit of wolf fur during the winter!).  Even fully excluding them from sizable areas of the West to prioritize game animal production and ranching.  And I am sorry if all of that is not enough for some. 

And I apologize if this comes across as a rant-  it is not intended to be.  But I was raised to speak my beliefs, and I hope even those who disagree with me will take it as respectfully done.

Thank you Elkboy. I was trying to process those exact thoughts without it coming out much more harsh and insulting. It really disgusts me that some sportsman can't see past their own nose and truly appreciate the full force of nature. Something that has been occurring on this land long before our DNA littered the landscape. I am pro management but I also love and appreciate ALL things nature and am not so caught on one side of the fence that I can't sit back and be awestruck by something so rarely witnessed.

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
Here is what I think was the Alpha getting a stretch in before hitting the carcass again.... for those that enjoy, enjoy.

Can someone please rotate the few sideway pics. Thanks.

Offline Sumpnneedskillin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
What part of the Lamar Valley?
What's the most dangerous thing said in the US Navy? -- A Chief Petty Officer saying "Watch this s$%^!!"

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »
What part of the Lamar Valley?

Not far from Soda Butte.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 08:55:05 AM »
Don't get so worked up over it.   They're just venting off some steam at what's happening to our moose, elk and deer in Washington from gross mismanagement.  We usually just see the aftermath though; our moose, elk and deer are being reduced to scat, no......parasite carrying scat, that will effect the rest of the herd indirectly, and possibly our pets and some people as well.

No one on HW wants to anthropomorphize wolves and wish them a slow miserable death as some kind of crime for their evil existence, I don't blame the wolf.  I blame the people who forced them upon us and in such large numbers.  The wolf just is, and just being isn't a crime. 

Offline Sumpnneedskillin

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:02 AM »
2 years ago between Soda Butte and the outhouses at Hitching Post we watched a wolf chase an antelope and fawn all over the hill side.  After she was all tired out she trotted along the hillside about 75 yds away from us.  Got some cool pics that day.
What's the most dangerous thing said in the US Navy? -- A Chief Petty Officer saying "Watch this s$%^!!"

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy

Offline dontgetcrabs

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »

Exactly!   :tup:

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »
I think some wolves in the park would be great if they didn't decimate the moose almost entirely from existence and decimate the elk population to the point that there are no late seasons for hunters outside the park. A managed population of wolves would even be acceptable in wilderness areas outside the park. But the wolf lovers have forced unmanaged numbers of wolves everywhere, the only limiting factor of wolf numbers is when they run out of animals to kill, so I have to say no to wolves, not because of the wolf, but because of the wolf lovers who are using the wolf to accomplish their goal of stopping hunting.

Thankfully wolves are now being hunted in three states and many of those state's impacted game herds are rebounding. Unfortunately, Washington will likely never manage wolves, I can tell you from my lifetime of watching the moose population in NE Washington, if you have not drawn a moose permit yet your opportunity of ever hunting moose in WA is fading. I now see more wolf tracks and scat in Washington than in Idaho and our moose are being turned into wolf scat! Many moose hunters are having a hard time finding a legal moose to shoot when they do draw a tag.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »
if you have not drawn a moose permit yet your opportunity of ever hunting moose in WA is fading.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
I think some wolves in the park would be great if they didn't decimate the moose almost entirely from existence and decimate the elk population to the point that there are no late seasons for hunters outside the park. A managed population of wolves would even be acceptable in wilderness areas outside the park. But the wolf lovers have forced unmanaged numbers of wolves everywhere, the only limiting factor of wolf numbers is when they run out of animals to kill, so I have to say no to wolves, not because of the wolf, but because of the wolf lovers who are using the wolf to accomplish their goal of stopping hunting.

Thankfully wolves are now being hunted in three states and many of those state's impacted game herds are rebounding. Unfortunately, Washington will likely never manage wolves, I can tell you from my lifetime of watching the moose population in NE Washington, if you have not drawn a moose permit yet your opportunity of ever hunting moose in WA is fading. I now see more wolf tracks and scat in Washington than in Idaho and our moose are being turned into wolf scat! Many moose hunters are having a hard time finding a legal moose to shoot when they do draw a tag.
And this very well said, intelligent response is exactly why some of us say kill them all or SSS!!!!!!  I'd much rather have healthy moose, elk ,deer , antelope and woodland caribou herds than worthless wolves!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline White Pass Outfitters

• High mtn hunter
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
    • Kent Dinelt
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
The problem is they don't  and won't stay in the parks. Look at the Elk numbers around the park they are way down from what they where.   I can't go shed hunting in the winter grounds ( which I don't mind) but the wolves can run the heard's all over the place. And yes I do feel if they are on my land I should have the right to take them out. Keep them in the parks and I don't have a problem with them. (Just my opinion)   And I will do this for bull blaster sss but only if they are out of the park and you have a tag of course.   
KD

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
Why SSS if you have a tag of course that you can't legally have in WA? :dunno:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 12:20:32 PM »

You are obviously unaware of what wolves have done to the elk and especially the moose population in and around Yellowstone.  My dad owned the filling station in Gardiner and my grandfather was a lifelong resident of Livingston and I have spent a lot of time in Yellowstone, my sister was born in the park at the hospital.  What the wolves have been allowed to do to the population of elk and moose is a crime. 

Offline White Pass Outfitters

• High mtn hunter
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Scout
    • Kent Dinelt
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

You are obviously unaware of what wolves have done to the elk and especially the moose population in and around Yellowstone.  My dad owned the filling station in Gardiner and my grandfather was a lifelong resident of Livingston and I have spent a lot of time in Yellowstone, my sister was born in the park at the hospital.  What the wolves have been allowed to do to the population of elk and moose is a crime.
I AGREE 100%
KD

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 12:35:38 PM »
My other grandfather ranched in the late 1800's through the mid 1950's around Choteau Mt and wolves have been allowed to come back into that country w/vengeance too.  Actually what are there today are larger wolves than were there originally.  My cousin has lost quite a few two year old replacement heifers to them this year.  The wolves that are there now are a lot bigger than the ones in pictures that my uncles and grandfather killed. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:11:14 PM by JDHasty »

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »
  And I will do this for bull blaster sss but only if they are out of the park and you have a tag of course.

Thanks for clarifying.  :chuckle:
I do agree they will be and already are a major problem for the moose in wa.
It's a shame that wdfw isn't pushing harder to have them delisted and managed. It is their job to manage the fish and wildlife for everyone.

Offline JakeLand

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
The wolves need to be thinned out in Yellowstone! Plain and simple as that there are way to many, go ahead call me selfish but I'll put my big game animals above any predator! Wait until it's calving and fawn season and you'll see a lot of fat wolves . Bringing a apex predator and NOT controlling the population of that predator is asking for trouble and they got it  :twocents:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »
The wolves need to be thinned out in Yellowstone! Plain and simple as that there are way to many, go ahead call me selfish but I'll put my big game animals above any predator! Wait until it's calving and fawn season and you'll see a lot of fat wolves . Bringing a apex predator and NOT controlling the population of that predator is asking for trouble and they got it  :twocents:

The sheep herders and cattle ranchers cleared them out back in the day using Ten Dead Horses & strychnine, but in the process killed damn near every domestic dog, scavenger and bird of prey and meat eating bird like crows and magpies in the entire region. 

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »
2 years ago between Soda Butte and the outhouses at Hitching Post we watched a wolf chase an antelope and fawn all over the hill side.  After she was all tired out she trotted along the hillside about 75 yds away from us.  Got some cool pics that day.

I bet! We had a fox, presumably cruising to the wolf kill, cross within 40 yds.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
It gives me the Heebie Jeebies just thinking about it, and it's been a long, long time since I have been around the stuff.  I don't think you can buy it any more, it was so bad that it came in a can, inside another can.  Like a half pint paint can, inside a quart can.  It took a lot of working up to it just to open the can.  I have known people to damn near toss their breakfast just thinking about what was coming when they uncorked it. 

Offline cbond3318

• Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »
I spent some time today pondering this thread and the comments it has garnered. In my career, I deal with a lot of disputes, disagreements and Conflicts. What I have learned is the times that a dispute is resolved in a positive manner with both parties leaving the table feeling they have gotten enough of what they needed to feel satisfied, is when you are able to respect and appreciate where the other side is coming from. This has always ended positively. The times it can't be resolved occurs when one party, or both, isn't able too and not willing too , understand the others wants and needs.

The statements made to kill them all, poison them into non existence, poach them into oblivion, does nothing to show an understanding and appreciation of the other side. I think as sportsman , Ambassadors of land and creature, we should have at least a sliver of respect and appreciation for all creatures and not allow our anger with the human side of the problem come out ( publicly and too a vast audience) as hatred towards something we claim in the same breath too love and respect (the creatures that inhabitant this land).

Whether you believe there is a place for wolves or not, there should be a continuity in the appreciation of all things nature. I believe any valid and worthy points to be made in the dispute are lost with inconsistency.

Yes, wolves are a problem. Yes, wolves need proper management. Yes, the Wildlife agencies have failed Grossly in many ways. Yes, I would notch a wolf tag every given chance.

I will always be in awe of nature period. I will always appreciate and respect every aspect of nature and the circle it creates. I will always hunt and do my part in the circle. My children will be taught these same things and I hope their eyes get as big as mine when they lay witness to the amazing sights to be had.  :twocents:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 06:26:55 AM »
Don't get so worked up over it.   They're just venting off some steam at what's happening to our moose, elk and deer in Washington from gross mismanagement.  We usually just see the aftermath though; our moose, elk and deer are being reduced to scat, no......parasite carrying scat, that will effect the rest of the herd indirectly, and possibly our pets and some people as well.

No one on HW wants to anthropomorphize wolves and wish them a slow miserable death as some kind of crime for their evil existence, I don't blame the wolf.  I blame the people who forced them upon us and in such large numbers.  The wolf just is, and just being isn't a crime.

We all hate what the wolf plan is accomplishing. However, I object to many of the posts in this thread. I don't object because I anthropomorphize wolves. I object because those comments make hunters look bad to the general public. The OP posted these pictures as an example of what happens in the Yellowstone ecosystem, good or bad. It's turned into something completely different. I respectfully request that the mods delete any comments which promote illegal activities, as per forum rules.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
Well said Cbond.

If we could somehow get the game agency in this state to actually do their job and manage the wolf population, the effects of wolves would not garner the reactions that they do now.

on the extreme sides of both arguments we have kill them all in any fashion, and don't harm a single wolf, ever, period.

that type of mindset is prohibitive to growth as a culture, imho.

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »

We all hate what the wolf plan is accomplishing. However, I object to many of the posts in this thread. I don't object because I anthropomorphize wolves. I object because those comments make hunters look bad to the general public. The OP posted these pictures as an example of what happens in the Yellowstone ecosystem, good or bad. It's turned into something completely different. I respectfully request that the mods delete any comments which promote illegal activities, as per forum rules.

:tup:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 08:34:52 AM »
I don't have a problem w/a few wolves being around, but the the "friends of wolves" are never going to be satisfied with anything less than the wolves becoming a major problem for everybody.  That is just how they roll.  The issue is that there are no longer millions of bison roaming the Great Plains for wolves to feed on and their numbers need to be strictly controlled or their population will spin out of control and they will wipe out entire game populations.   

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
I don't have a problem w/a few wolves being around, but the the "friends of wolves" are never going to be satisfied with anything less than the wolves becoming a major problem for everybody.  That is just how they roll.  The issue is that there are no longer millions of bison roaming the Great Plains for wolves to feed on and their numbers need to be strictly controlled or their population will spin out of control and they will wipe out entire game populations.

I don't disagree. I also oppose breaking the rules of the forum by posting those things which cast a bad light on hunting in general. You want to poach? Don't talk about it in the forum. I'm not talking about trying to win over the friends of wolves. I'm talking about not alienating the other 90+% of the population by making them think that all hunters are lawless and maybe don't deserve their support to continue doing what we do.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JakeLand

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »

Exactly!!! Look at what has happened in Yellowstone and look at what is happening here ! How much of our recovering moose population is left ? Lowland caribou?

Offline syoungs

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »

I don't disagree. I also oppose breaking the rules of the forum by posting those things which cast a bad light on hunting in general. You want to poach? Don't talk about it in the forum. I'm not talking about trying to win over the friends of wolves. I'm talking about not alienating the other 90+% of the population by making them think that all hunters are lawless and maybe don't deserve their support to continue doing what we do.

Well said!

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »

That's pretty much what the USFWS/WDFW etc want, then bring in the grizzly bears to shut down access to public lands-mission accomplished.

Sad part about WDFW's agenda is there isn't a whole lot anyone can do about it, my advise to those on this forum is to leave their emotions out of the issue, save it for talking with folks privately. On the other hand I highly doubt putting down in words, ways to take care of wolves would somehow hurt WA anymore then WDFW and their wolves already have, it sure isn't going to change the end game. But if you do have plans in that direction you sure don't want the added attention, and then there are the forum rules, which pretty much rule.....

Short preview:

The USFWS dump wolves into the Yellowstone and Idaho illegally and then protect them as they slaughter the game herds, WDFW watch the slaughter for several years and then follow suit. Folks watch as WA ungulates decrease in huge numbers, and try to keep their livestock from ending up in the same slaughter while WDFW sit around with their thumbs up their--- refusing to confirm wolf packs unless forced to do so through livestock predation.

So who are the real poachers?

Study of wolves' effects on other wildlife
gets underway in eastern Washington

http://wdfw.wa.gov/news/feb1517b/

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 12:44:48 AM by wolfbait »

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »
Here we go again on the WDFW page at the end it stated "and $150,000 of WDFW funds" so yes we are helping to pay to study the wolves once again.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline JakeLand

• Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2017, 05:33:42 AM »
This is just one more reason why people that live in Montana and Idaho have rifles in gun racks in their vehicles

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2017, 05:55:45 AM »
This is just one more reason why people that live in Montana and Idaho have rifles in gun racks in their vehicles

Like I said up thread, my cousin in Montana has been loosing two year old replacement heifers this year to wolves.  He had a neighbor who shot a grizzly bear that was under his front porch of his home and that cost him about $50K in attorney fees. 

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2017, 06:36:40 PM »
Senate approves Trump's nominee for Interior
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/ryan-zinke-confirmation-vote-interior-secretary/

An Open Letter To President Donald Trump

http://www.lobowatch2.com/trump-wolf-letter

America Also Needs Jim Beers To Head The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service!

http://lobowatch2.com/jim-beers-1

USFWS in Very Hot Water Over False ESA Protections of Hybrid Red Wolves

http://tomremington.com/2017/01/12/usfws-in-very-hot-water-over-false-esa-protections-of-hybrid-red-wolves/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TomRemington+%28Tom+Remington%29

Support Jim Beers as Director of the US Fish and Wildlife Service under the Trump administration

http://pienpolitics.com/?p=26958

Contact joe.sempolinski@gmail.com To support Jim Beers as Director of the USFWS!

Offline garrett89

• Scout
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »

Like I said up thread, my cousin in Montana has been loosing two year old replacement heifers this year to wolves.  He had a neighbor who shot a grizzly bear that was under his front porch of his home and that cost him about $50K in attorney fees.
Silly, sounds like grizzly bears there are beyond protected and populated enough. Wolves stupid again wrong wolves that were introduced in the first place.  :bfg: :bfg: :bfg: the wolves and find a way to keep bears off your property.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal