collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hancock Kapowsin New Rules 2017  (Read 18819 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Hancock Kapowsin New Rules 2017
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
Didn't the bull ross posted come out of Kapowsin? Big bulls in there!

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 09:41:21 PM »
If you don't like the rules don't buy their pass.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Exactly , and if Hancock sells less passes this year then they will know people aren't happy . But it would not have mattered what changes they made somebody was not going to be happy . I have a friend complaining about the new camping rule . He believes that now that it is included with the pass that everybody is going to be camping in there and he won't be able to find a spot .He says he won't be buying the pass this year , I bet he does . A common theme in the earlier survey thread was to not allow doe harvest , Hancock drops the doe harvest for modern and muzzy special permits and people aren't happy . Be careful of what you ask for . As an archer I will readily admit that I lobbied Hancock for archery and to maintain doe harvest . I didn't lobby against other group , only lobbied for archers by using what ever data I could find for 654 only because we can not get harvest reports for Kapowsin ( it would be nice if they put those numbers out )  . I have never harvested a doe on Hancock land but I hate to see opportunity taken away , it's just to hard to get back . If Hancock would have taken doe harvest from archers then I would be hunting somewhere else next year . $375 for less opportunity , just wouldn't be worth it to me .I can find bears in other places .  As it stands we'll be back in there this year , only difference , we now will be doing some camping . As for deer numbers , still to many predators . We are in there every week end hunting predators and so far have only come across one other person other than our selves hunting predators hard . Last week end we found what we believe to be a cougar kill on a young elk . I'm still irritated  that they shut down the cougar season early .   

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »
If you don't like the rules don't buy their pass.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

:yeah: Seems that simple

The problem with "just say no" is that in some areas these big landowners have what amounts to a monopoly on land.  Having so much land with little competition gives unfair control. For places like Cowlitz county, Weyerhaeuser owns nearly half of all the land in the county, and controls access to most of the public land too.   

Offline brokentrail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
I buy the pass every year as it is close for me and I can get more hunting in than if I just took a week off work and hunted elsewhere.  I already do that but I can still hunt evenings and weekends as well.

To me, it is unfortunate that they won't honor the youth doe permits.  Two of my boys have used that permit to kill their first deer, I have another one who is about to be licensed and that opportunity may not be there for him, depending on if they keep or change this rule.  I'm not a biologist and therefore can't say there are plenty of does, although nor am I against the 2 pt minimum,  but taking away youth opportunity for success wasn't what I had hoped for with their rule changes.

I'll buy it again this year and hope they think about the youth permits differently next year.

Offline Jharstad7182

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
  • A family that hunts together stays together
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
I buy the kapow gate access to take my kids up and drive around shoot grouse and coyotes and occasionally deer hunting if I'm not in eastern wa but I mostly buy it for the chance to shoot a bull in possibly the best elk spot in western Washington I've seen at least a dozen monsters every year I've been hunting its worth the 375 just for the chance at one if I get selected. Plus I go through the 5 cords of wood a year it pays for it self. I'm kinda hoping less people buy the tag so I can have a better chance at a great elk hunt
I eat wild game therefore I eat the definition of organic. It's like rockett fuel for the soul.

Online Old Man Yager

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, PRHAA
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:12 PM »
Amen to that , I think everybody who didn't buy thier pass yet should boycott them!! JUst kidding, and yes I already bought mine. Like was stated, I buy it cause it's close to home, and I grew up in those woods before it was private ownership. Easy choice for me. Don't have to spend time and gas to go other places.
My Dad always said, " Get a bigger hammer "

Offline scottfrick

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://m.facebook.com/groups/532650454864045/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »
As I look at it, it's their property so it's their rules. I'll keep buying the permit because it's close to home and I know a lot of Buddies that also buy the permit. I would like to see them open up the bridge gate side for spring bear.... that would be awesome.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »
As I look at it, it's their property so it's their rules. I'll keep buying the permit because it's close to home and I know a lot of Buddies that also buy the permit. I would like to see them open up the bridge gate side for spring bear.... that would be awesome.

:yeah: I would definitely put in for kapowsin spring bear if they opened bridge gate

Offline elkh8me

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2017, 10:12:19 AM »
I purchased the new pass on the 17th and have not got my new key yet.  Anyone received their key yet.  Normally it's a 2 day turn around.

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2017, 11:49:09 AM »
Haven't received mine yet either. Bought mine the morning they went on sale.
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Frontiersman
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
I got mine yesterday

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »
:bash:   Shhhhhhhh, let's get our permits before we bring this up!!!  It went so long to, I thought we had a chance of the changes not getting posted on here......slim chance but a chance.
:chuckle: we were just talking about this, haha, I was really hoping not to see this pop up on here, went longer than I expected, haha
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »
:bash:   Shhhhhhhh, let's get our permits before we bring this up!!!  It went so long to, I thought we had a chance of the changes not getting posted on here......slim chance but a chance.
:chuckle: we were just talking about this, haha, I was really hoping not to see this pop up on here, went longer than I expected, haha
Yeah, we knew it would pop up!  At least it didn't impact the pass sales.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
I don't think most aren't willing or can't afford to pay $375 for tough deer hunting and about a 1:150 shot at drawing a primo elk tag. I also don't think most people buying the pass take advantage of the predator hunting and firewood opportunities. I fall into this category and stopped buying a permit about 4 years ago when they raised the price again.  :twocents:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
Yeah, we knew it would pop up!  At least it didn't impact the pass sales.

Ya , I don't think their changes had the desired impact they where looking for . It looks like sales are off even from last year . Last I looked Eatonville hasn't even sold half .

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]