collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Banks and potholes?  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Hunter123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: nra
Banks and potholes?
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »
Me and my brother started trying bow fishing last year and both of us quickly decided it was pretty fun. Anyway we are going to banks and potholes starting next wensday and then staying for a week. We don't know a lot about the fishing this time of year. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about which might be better. We fish banks multiple times a year for bass and walleye and we saw some people carp now fishing and that's how we started. So any tips that could help us kill more carp on our up coming trip would be appreciated. The photo is of the carp that started the fever!

Offline cbond3318

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: Banks and potholes?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:38:21 PM »
Potholes may be a better option as it may have more open water and less ice. I drove by the south end of Banks today and it is still pretty iced up.

@Stickers
Just tend your own and live.

Offline plugger

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
Poteholes is only open in the middle, open water and the creek/wasteway channels. I went to Ephrata today and moses was ice free. The water in all the lakes is pretty dirty right now with all the rain and snow melt. It will be a pretty tough go I think.

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:21 AM »
Potholes still had some ice in it last weekend. We went to Moses Lake instead. Fish are definitely in pre-spawn. Found quite a few pods working the edge of shelves. We didn't see many in the shallows. I just don't think they have enough cover to venture up there during the daytime and the benefit (warmth) isn't that great. Most fish were 4-6 ft and hard to see.

If potholes opens up try in the dunes (job corps dike) or North of the Crab Creek spillway into potholes.

Water should be flowing into the reservoirs by next week so everything will be different :)
Scott Estes

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal