collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rest In Peace "Iceman" Kevin Wolf  (Read 21640 times)

Offline Evil_EdwardO

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, LPC, ASF, GOA, RLRR
Re: Rest In Peace "Iceman" Kevin Wolf
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 10:02:18 AM »
RIP  :'(

I always associated this site with him. Before I joined this forum and just voyuered it, most posts I read he either commented on or started. It won't be the same without him.

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 10:40:11 AM »
Iceman, I hope you have found your way to the happy hunting and fishing grounds. Rest in peace sir. I always enjoyed your posts on here.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, he was one of the good guys who has been on here a long time, sucks to see him pass on.

:yeah: A pillar of this community who made a positive difference. I'm sure your children will carry on your values. Enjoy eternity in the promised land my brother.
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Fishstiq

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »
Very sad news.  R.I.P. Iceman.  I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin and his family several years ago at the 2nd Amendment rally in Olympia.  Generous, kind man.

We'll miss you Kevin. Prayers are with the family.

Carl

That rally was the first time I met him as well. 

Terrible news.  Thoughts and prayers for his family and loved ones in such a difficult time.  If there is anything the Hunt-WA community can do to help I would be happy to contribute.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

― Samuel Adams

Offline Wacenturion

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
:'(  So sorry to hear this. I loved reading anything Iceman wrote, it was always solid, common sense thoughts with a little clever humor sprinkled in there somewhere. He's been missed and will be missed  :'(

My thoughts exactly.......

Always enjoyed following his adventures with his family.  So sorry to hear this. Kevin, you will be missed by all of us....R.I.P.
"About the time you realize that your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »
Farewell Iceman.

Would be nice to know - for sure - that your family is being taken care of...

- Steve
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2017, 11:13:45 AM »
RIP Iceman.  So sorry to hear this.  His smoked razor clam recipe will be enjoyed in my house forever.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2017, 11:24:52 AM »
The ICE set me straight on something one time, I forgot what it was but he put the smack down. RIP ICEMAN
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2017, 11:37:28 AM »
Iceman was a prominent member and moderator of Hunting-Washington, his knowledge and participation will be missed but not forgotten. I met Kevin when he brought his kids hunting, it was a real pleasure visiting with him and his kids were two of the nicest most courteous youth I've met, they are a testament to his guidance as a great father and husband. Kevin was the kind of guy I would have like to have known better, my wife liked him too and has asked me numerous times how he is doing. We are sorry to hear this very sad news.

RIP Kevin (Iceman), the world is a better place because of you!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Bigluke1981

• Longhunter
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with Kevins family, may he rest in peace!!

Offline Gringo31

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »
I never met Kevin in person.  I can say that he left us an wonderful example of how to live life.  He talked often of family!  Of the things that mattered.  He faced his fate.  He knew the battle he was facing didn't look good but fought it bravely.  He talked about it, didn't shy from facts and will be missed.  May we all figure out what really matters with the time that we still have.....

Gringo
We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
-Ronald Reagan

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
Iceman was a prominent member and moderator of Hunting-Washington, his knowledge and participation will be missed but not forgotten. I met Kevin when he brought his kids hunting, it was a real pleasure visiting with him and his kids were two of the nicest most courteous youth I've met, they are a testament to his guidance as a great father and husband. Kevin was the kind of guy I would have like to have known better, my wife liked him too and has asked me numerous times how he is doing. We are sorry to hear this very sad news.

RIP Kevin (Iceman), the world is a better place because of you!
I never met Kevin in person.  I can say that he left us an wonderful example of how to live life.  He talked often of family!  Of the things that mattered.  He faced his fate.  He knew the battle he was facing didn't look good but fought it bravely.  He talked about it, didn't shy from facts and will be missed.  May we all figure out what really matters with the time that we still have.....

Gringo

These are a couple of great posts.  :tup:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
RIP ICEMAN. I never met him, I enjoyed hundreds of posts. I can see the picture of his kids grouse hunting everytime I think of him. He was a "family man" in every sense of the word. He had his stance and ALL knew where it was. He will be missed no doubt, our thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will live on through the many lives he touched here and in his everyday life. His real legacy will be those two amazing kids we got to know through him and his stories. I truly hope that they both join here or at least check in and let us know they saw these posts and how so many others feel about their Dad.   
   I would be a liar if I said I did not get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I read this post today at lunch. We lost another good man. Time for the rest of us to pic it up a bit, there is room for more great men in every facet of life.

Offline MacAttack

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »
RIP

Offline BLR 243

• Longhunter
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 08:18:28 PM »