collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Where do folks go for consumer info on Pickup trucks  (Read 7176 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Where do folks go for consumer info on Pickup trucks
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »
#1 do not put DEF fluid in the diesel tank! You will be purchasing expensive injection pumps and or injectors!
#2 3rd gen ram 2500 trucks and 3500s main difference is the springs. Buy a leaf pack from a one ton from some one doing a lift and you are most of the way there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Haha...if it's a 6.7 Powerstroke, you'll be replacing the complete fuel system to the tune of $8750.00+tax.
I know some one who did it on a brand new peterbuilt... $20+k later....

You know it's bad when Ford/Motorcraft sells a kit.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Where do folks go for consumer info on Pickup trucks
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:11 PM »
#1 do not put DEF fluid in the diesel tank! You will be purchasing expensive injection pumps and or injectors!
#2 3rd gen ram 2500 trucks and 3500s main difference is the springs. Buy a leaf pack from a one ton from some one doing a lift and you are most of the way there.

Haha...if it's a 6.7 Powerstroke, you'll be replacing the complete fuel system to the tune of $8750.00+tax.
I know some one who did it on a brand new peterbuilt... $20+k later....

You know it's bad when Ford/Motorcraft sells a kit.
The emmisions fiasco isnt to save the environment. Its to sell parts

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:11 PM »
All of the info you're looking for is handily located right here on Hunt-WA.
 :chuckle:

ain't that the truth, everyone wants to defend their purchase...

So I got a 2016 Colorado.......  :tung:

KFhunter, what do you like or dislike about your Colorado?

I had a lot of problems at first, it took 3-4 trips to the dealer to chase down a wiring problem but once that was fixed I've really been enjoying it.  I read a lot of complaints about the seats but after a 3500 mile road trip to southern California and back I love them.  Make sure they fit you  :dunno:

I really like all the traction, torque management and stabilitrack stuff for daily driving, but when you need it off there's no way to turn it 100% off.  Yes, there's a dual zone switch to turn it off partially, then hold the switch longer and it supposedly turns it all off but it doesn't.   You have to remove a fuse.

I was hoping for better MPG. On the cali trip running 75 I got just a stitch under 20MPG, it fell off a cliff beyond 75 so I put cruse on 75. I also have the stock mud/snow tires not a highway tire.

transmission sucks.  It shudders and doesn't shift right because it's trying to save fuel all the time, so it's always a gear or two too low on a motor with no torque and falls on it's face a lot then you have to slam the throttle to get it to down shift.   Very annoying but fixable with a tune or throttle doohickey I did some reading about :dunno:  The V6 is a good motor but it's not about torque.  It's a direct injection Camaro motor

I think I got a lot more bang for the buck with the Colorado VS the Tacoma, but maybe not after resale as the Tacoma will retain value better.  I got a 2016 Z71 trail boss.   The new ZR2 is very interesting though, 8 speed transmission, lockers and more ground clearance.  Wish I would have waited.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2017, 10:02:36 AM »
KFhunter, nice review
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:39 PM »
I am thinking of getting a new truck this fall. going to get rid of my 2003 f-350 6.0. I think I am going back to gas. I don't tow enough to justify the diesel truck. Looking at the GMC Denali in gas. Any one have one? What mileage you getting?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 02:12:56 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]