collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Extreme Huntress candidate from Spokane seeking local voting support!!'  (Read 3548 times)

Offline JOHNTB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • johnbdds
  • Groups: northwestsportsmansclub

May 25, 2017

My name is Jamie McCarthy and I am 24 years old from Spokane, Washington. I just got married to my amazing husband who is not only a amazing hunter, he is on his way to becoming a firefighter. For 23 years of my life, my last name was Belknap! But last June I married the middle linebacker for EWU who met me in the parking lot to our apartment complex. Our first date was turkey hunting, so I knew I should keep him around for a while :]. I am was born and raised in Spokane Valley, Washington and have recently made the move over to Post Falls, Idaho. So as you can imagine, buying a "out of state" hunting license for the state that taught you everything about hunting was a little strange for me.

Last December I graduated from EWU with my Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education and am currently teaching a 2nd and 3rd grade combo class in Spokane.

Hunting is my passion, but helping other people in the area pursue their dreams in the outdoors is near and dear to my heart. I am a board member for a conservation group in Spokane called Northwest Sportsmans Club. Last fall, my mother and I were talking about how terrible it would be if one morning we woke up and could never go out in the woods again. We had an idea to raise up to $16,000 and give somebody who has lost their mobility a Track Chair. Our thought was that if the club (NWSC) could raise the funds, we would have deserving people fill out a application and our club would give the chair away. Well we ended up raising all of the money we needed at our 2016 annual fundraiser. There was not a dry eye in the banquet. As a club, we chose to give the chair to a young man in Boise who was an avid hunter and rodeo star that was in a tragic football accident and lost his ability to walk. We knew when we heard his friends needed to carry him everywhere in the woods so he could still hunt, that Boone Bartlome's life would be changed if he could receive the chair. "Why stop at one??" My father said. So at our 2017 we raised enough money for a second chair to give away this year. We will decided the recipient of this chair in July.

Hunting is not only about killing. In fact, hunting is MUCH more than that. Hunting is about spending time with your loved ones and protecting the creations that God has provided for us. Hunting is about being able to feed your family a healthy meal while knowing what is inside of the meat. Hunting is about witnessing a high mountain sunset above the clouds. Hunting is about seeing a child's face when they harvest their first animal. Hunting is about respect. Hunting is about life.
  you to everyone that has voted, but we need more!

Our 24 year old daughter is enrolled in the Extreme Huntress official competition. The competition started with 22 contestants, moved down to 14 contestants. They all have videos posted on the official page, the social media has been voting and between the voting and the judges opinion will cast the final 6 semi-finalists.

The 6 semi finalists will go to the Mountain Home in Texas at the y.o.ranch head quarters in July 2017.  The vote for our daughter you need to do a two step process. Click on this link,  http://www.extremehuntress.com/main/2017-voting/

Once you vote for Jamie McCarthy, you must register your email. Then, you confirm your vote on your email. You can only vote once. The voting ends May 31, 2017 to our knowledge Jamie is the only candidate that is a young school teacher from Washington state.  She has been given an amazing opportunity to represent the Pacific Northwest. Any sharing you are able to do is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
John & Theresa Belknap
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:13:04 AM by JOHNTB »

Offline HardCorpsHuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Semper Fi
I'm reviewing the contestants videos now.  You need to edit your URL link and put a "e" between m and h to spell extreme.  I wish her the best of luck.
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." -Wyatt Earp

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
I'm reviewing the contestants videos now.  You need to edit your URL link and put a "e" between m and h to spell extreme.  I wish her the best of luck.
Fixed. Thanks.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline JOHNTB

• Pilgrim
    • johnbdds
  • Groups: northwestsportsmansclub
Thank you for fixing the URL!!

Offline jaredpost

• Hunter
Voted. Good luck to your daughter!

Offline longashes

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
in ... good luck!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
I voted for her John... good luck to her!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]