collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Did anyone draw Multi-Season Elk last year? - Lost My Points - Need Advice  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
When things like this happen to me and I'm told "sorry you're out of luck" I just call back later, get a different person on the line and try again. I just keep doing this until someone on the other end does what I'm asking.. This happened to me just last week with the cable company took 4 seperate calls.. Piece of cake. It's almost like a game, but in the end 90% of the time I win.. A little salesmanship on your end will go a long ways as well. Good luck and let us know how this ends up!

Offline Waycott15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: BHA Backcountry Outdoorsmen RMEF
I drew it this year and have not gotten a post card yet

Offline Henrydog

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, RMEF, Phesants Forever
What a load of crap.  I am not surprised by the answer since none of the employees have any accountability, but still what a crock.  I am sorry.  Go down the Spokane Valley office rip one of those pinheads in person.  People are very brave behind a phone.

Online jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
Do you still have the "NOT SELECTED" post card from last year??  If so that would make it real easy to get your points back.  If not, sounds like you got screwed....this happened to me the very first year of multi season, luckily it was just one point I got screwed out of.  (think it was the year they did the redraw). 

Offline Mossyoak

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
This is just another example of the WDFW messing up. They are the laughing stock of Fish and Game departments across the country. Once I draw my tags (if I draw) :chuckle:. I will be focusing my efforts out of state!

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
When things like this happen to me and I'm told "sorry you're out of luck" I just call back later, get a different person on the line and try again. I just keep doing this until someone on the other end does what I'm asking.. This happened to me just last week with the cable company took 4 seperate calls.. Piece of cake. It's almost like a game, but in the end 90% of the time I win.. A little salesmanship on your end will go a long ways as well. Good luck and let us know how this ends up!

:yeah:

I would continue to keep pushing it higher up the chain of command, They can and should give your points back, possibly even up to 2 extra points for "pain & suffering" (for a lack of better ways to describe it)  :chuckle:
I was given extra points in the antlerless moose category for pointing out a mistake they made.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
Sounds to me like they could be liable for emotional damages caused by fraudulent information.  Maybe a letter from a lawyer could do you and all of us some good.

Offline LeviD1

• Scout
  • Groups: Evergreen Archery, Spokane Rifle Club, RMEF
Years ago when I was around 22 I thought I would start applying for all sorts of special permits. Thought about it. Decided to only apply for moose and second deer and not give any more money to this game department than I have to and when I can find people who will hunt Idaho with me for elk go there. Hopefully moving to Idaho even in the next few years to ditch this state all together.

Offline dvolmer

• Sourdough
Unless they sent the second card "Certified Mail" there is absolutely no way they can know if you actually got it or not.  It would never hold up in a court of law.  You should demand and get your points back!  This is bogus for sure!!!
Zonk Volmer

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
I would absolutely contact your state senator and write a letter to the wildlife manager and the director. Squeek a lot and you'll get greased.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
I would continue to call and push them,
Seems they could give you one of the unclaimed permits for this year before they sell them off over the counter. I know there are not many of these but I think there are at least a few.

In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline King Krok

• Tracker
My situation is close to yours, I'm missing two points that I should have in quality elk. I've called but to no avail. This state likes to take ur money and do nothing in return. Hope you're able to get ur points back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline biggfish

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
You're dealing with a government entity if you're not getting anywhere contact your Congressman and don't let up. Make them do their job and remind them who pays their salary.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal