collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bear Meat  (Read 10280 times)

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Bear Meat
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »
game animal, so take what is fit for consumption.  However, I don't think it is spelled out what meets the rule vs the intent of the law like in Alaska.  Just your opinion vs the gamey about what would be waste.

:yeah:

Both bear and cougar are considered big game animals like deer or elk.
And this is why I don't even attempt to fill my cougar tag. I'm terribly allergic to car hair I would be near death by the time I got it skinned and dressed.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

I'd never thought of that, would an allergy to domestic cat hair make you allergic to cougar hair? Or is it different?

Offline Trevor91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 07:30:37 AM »
game animal, so take what is fit for consumption.  However, I don't think it is spelled out what meets the rule vs the intent of the law like in Alaska.  Just your opinion vs the gamey about what would be waste.

And this is why I don't even attempt to fill my cougar tag. I'm terribly allergic to car hair I would be near death by the time I got it skinned and dressed.

I am the same way deathly allergic to cat hair. My buddys dad growing up had a Yukon lynx, and Japanese Jaguar as house cats.... Yes they lived and roamed his house freely, and I never had a problem with them.  I see a house cat and my eyes swell shut its that bad. I am pretty sure you would be fine with a cougar.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »

I hate to see anyone pass up the chance to legally harvest a cougar.  Maybe if you get the chance, shoot, make sure it's dead and down, notch the tag, and call a buddy or ask for help on here!  I'm not in your area, but I'd happily drive 50 miles in any direction to help dress, skin and pack one out.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline biggfish

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »

I am the same way deathly allergic to cat hair. My buddys dad growing up had a Yukon lynx, and Japanese Jaguar as house cats.... Yes they lived and roamed his house freely, and I never had a problem with them.  I see a house cat and my eyes swell shut its that bad. I am pretty sure you would be fine with a cougar.
I've never been around a cougar so can't say for sure there but bobcats set me off.

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27:3

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]