collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Not Talking.....  (Read 4403 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Not Talking.....
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
I seen a dude whip his truck to the side of the road, run out and sluice a turkey down over the embankment

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
I seen a dude whip his truck to the side of the road, run out and sluice a turkey down over the embankment

I've thought about doing the same haha! I keep seeing a few in the same spot every Fri when I drive to my spot to camp out. Roads WAY to busy for that and honestly not my style but when it gets this frustrating its hard not to think about it. :bdid:

Offline HNT-GFX

• Pilgrim
    • https://www.facebook.com/wil.askew
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »
Its tough out there and its universal. Hunted NE Oregon weekend before las and we got two, but it was alot of work. Covered miles and nothing after that. Hunted the Klickitat area on Sunday; over 16 miles walking Western Timber land on the GPS... not a peep. No sign, no shots, no gobbles. its a strange time but usually they will start kicking off again once the poults hit the ground.  Public land birds are tough! but this behavior is totally normal

Offline Cab

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
Its tough out there and its universal. Hunted NE Oregon weekend before las and we got two, but it was alot of work. Covered miles and nothing after that. Hunted the Klickitat area on Sunday; over 16 miles walking Western Timber land on the GPS... not a peep. No sign, no shots, no gobbles. its a strange time but usually they will start kicking off again once the poults hit the ground.  Public land birds are tough! but this behavior is totally normal

-Hnt-GFX thanks for the insight! Man you're burning some boot leather! Good to know it's not just me and honestly when they're not talking I just morel hunt and enjoy being in the woods.

Offline CaNINE

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
It's been a strange year. Maybe I just didn't hit it at the right time. Made 3 trips to the NE corner. Took my daughter over for youth season. We got a few birds to gobble but they had little interest and never came looking.
Opening weekend birds were pretty non responsive and henned up hard. Made a trip over last weekend and heard a lot of gobbling in the early AM but birds still with hens all day. Couldn't find any eligible bachelors to come in mid day. Finally got some hens to come in for a fight and brought their boy with them gobbling the whole way. Was able to close the deal on that bird. Logged 30 boot miles this year to get that bird. Hard hunting but it was fun and helped whip me into shape for bear season.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Proverbs 12:27

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand