collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Multi Season Deer vs 2nd Deer permit possibility  (Read 10548 times)

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Re: Multi Season Deer vs 2nd Deer permit possibility
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
So for the 1400-1408 hunts, if drawn and no multi, you would have to hunt that permit with the same weapon as listed on your 1st tag.

EXCEPT........... if your 1st tag is Modern Firearms, you can still hunt with any weapon.
NOCK NOCK is correct. Without a multi-season permit, a modern firearm tag holder would not be able to hunt with any weapon for a second deer. He would have to hunt with a modern firearm.

"You may hunt only with the hunting method in compliance with your tag."

But it's legal to hunt with a bow or a muzzleloader if you have a modern tag.
In general seasons, yes. Permit hunts have some specific restrictions as in this case where the weapon used must match the tag.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
So for the 1400-1408 hunts, if drawn and no multi, you would have to hunt that permit with the same weapon as listed on your 1st tag.

EXCEPT........... if your 1st tag is Modern Firearms, you can still hunt with any weapon.
NOCK NOCK is correct. Without a multi-season permit, a modern firearm tag holder would not be able to hunt with any weapon for a second deer. He would have to hunt with a modern firearm.

In general seasons, yes. Permit hunts have some specific restrictions as in this case where the weapon used must match the tag.

A bow or muzzleloader WOULD match a modern tag. Modern firearms, archery, and muzzleloaders are legal to use during modern firearm season. Is there a law that specifically says you can't use a bow or muzzleloader on a modern firearm permit hunt? If so, that's dumb.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 07:51:46 PM »

A bow or muzzleloader WOULD match a modern tag. Modern firearms, archery, and muzzleloaders are legal to use during modern firearm season. Is there a law that specifically says you can't use a bow or muzzleloader on a modern firearm permit hunt? If so, that's dumb.
You must use the weapon that coincides with the draw tag.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »
Okay, this seems to be going nowhere. How about a screenshot from the 2017 hunting regulations:

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 08:18:22 PM »
Okay, this seems to be going nowhere. How about a screenshot from the 2017 hunting regulations:

That's for general seasons. Screenshot the second deer permit restrictions.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
 :yeah:

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »
I see nothing there that says you can't hunt with a bow or muzzleloader. It says "you may only hunt with the hunting method in compliance with your tag." If you have a modern tag, using a modern rifle, a bow, or a muzzleloader IS in "compliance with your tag." JMO, that's how I read it. Pretty sure in this situation a warden wouldn't cite someone who decided to use a bow for their second deer tag even though their regular tag is for modern firearm.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 10:33:40 PM »
I see nothing there that says you can't hunt with a bow or muzzleloader. It says "you may only hunt with the hunting method in compliance with your tag." If you have a modern tag, using a modern rifle, a bow, or a muzzleloader IS in "compliance with your tag." JMO, that's how I read it. Pretty sure in this situation a warden wouldn't cite someone who decided to use a bow for their second deer tag even though their regular tag is for modern firearm.
It is in compliance during a general season. That is the only place you find reference to modern tag holders being allowed to use archery or muzzleloader equipment. The special permits have a different WAC and different regulations. It is apparent that you either can't or won't see that.

I'm done.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »
It is in compliance during a general season. That is the only place you find reference to modern tag holders being allowed to use archery or muzzleloader equipment. The special permits have a different WAC and different regulations. It is apparent that you either can't or won't see that.

I'm done.

Nope. I've tried and I've tried, and I just can't see it any other way than what I've already stated. I could be wrong but I doubt it.   :chuckle:

Offline Sitka_Blacktail

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2017, 11:58:48 PM »

I agree with you Bob. Any weapon is in compliance during a modern season. The only limitation is that you must hunt during a modern Firearm season.
A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears. ~ Michel de Montaigne

Offline Curly

• Legend
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
I agree and I might add that if you have a muzzleloader tag/license then you would be okay using a bow if you wish.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:36:03 AM by Curly »
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »
If a person has the multi season deer and draws a 2nd deer permit, can you use different weapons for each tag?
...Kill a deer in archery general season, then use a rifle for the 2nd deer modern permit?

2nd deer permit regs say "The second tag must be the same weapon choice as your first tag" ....but if you have a multi tag, you do not have to specify weapon for the tag.  :dunno:

The letter that confirms you were successful in drawing a multi deer states "Your multi season tag can only be used during general seasons and in GMU's that are open during a modern, muzzy, archery general season for deer."

But the multi season permits regs state "You may apply for any weapon type special hunting permits"

So which is it?     

They told me last year that it was not legal to hunt my 2nd general tag (modern) during archery or ML.  I had MS tag.   

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »
If a person has the multi season deer and draws a 2nd deer permit, can you use different weapons for each tag?
...Kill a deer in archery general season, then use a rifle for the 2nd deer modern permit?

2nd deer permit regs say "The second tag must be the same weapon choice as your first tag" ....but if you have a multi tag, you do not have to specify weapon for the tag.  :dunno:

The letter that confirms you were successful in drawing a multi deer states "Your multi season tag can only be used during general seasons and in GMU's that are open during a modern, muzzy, archery general season for deer."

But the multi season permits regs state "You may apply for any weapon type special hunting permits"

So which is it?     

They told me last year that it was not legal to hunt my 2nd general tag (modern) during archery or ML.  I had MS tag.

That's cause it was a modern 2nd tag/permit. You have to hunt during the season specified for the permit you drew, in your case, it had to be during the specified dates for that modern permit.
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »
Sorry to have missed the party but three years ago I had multi season and an any weapon second deer tag (September hunt) and they told me as long as I didn't shoot a buck with my rifle I was fine to use whatever weapon for my second tag.

That was from Wdfw so it could be wrong lol

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »

So which is it?     

That's cause it was a modern 2nd tag/permit. You have to hunt during the season specified for the permit you drew, in your case, it had to be during the specified dates for that modern permit.

Yes

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal