collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Issues while purchasing tags?  (Read 12670 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Re: Issues while purchasing tags?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
I purchased and submitted everything tonight.. couple hiccups, but got it done. I noticed that my points are the same as last year (13) anyone else have the same points or will an point be added prior to the draw? Maybe I'm wrong or an idiot, but I thought when you submitted a a new app. it automatically added a point from the previous year??

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 09:19:13 PM »
Only good news is that your odds of drawing don't really go down if you aren't entered, you just save a few bucks.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 09:24:27 PM »
I purchased and submitted everything tonight.. couple hiccups, but got it done. I noticed that my points are the same as last year (13) anyone else have the same points or will an point be added prior to the draw? Maybe I'm wrong or an idiot, but I thought when you submitted a a new app. it automatically added a point from the previous year??
points added just before the draw
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:39 PM »

Yes, you will gain one point before the draw. When you will actually see that point, I don't know. There is a date given for each category for when the points were last updated. The date I see on mine is 12/18/2016. I would assume that at some time before the draw, or possibly just after the draw occurs, you will see the additional point added to each category in which you applied.

Offline Jimmer

• Scout
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 09:55:48 PM »

Yes, you will gain one point before the draw. When you will actually see that point, I don't know. There is a date given for each category for when the points were last updated. The date I see on mine is 12/18/2016. I would assume that at some time before the draw, or possibly just after the draw occurs, you will see the additional point added to each category in which you applied.

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 10:53:10 AM »
I purchased my license and tags at Big 5 this morning, no issues so far. Gonna buy my apps tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope all goes well.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »
Buddy of mine said he had all sorts of inaccurate details regarding previous year's purchases. And he said he wasn't given the option to put in for points only.

Anybody else have this happen? Or did he just need to submit differently?

I bought all my tags w no problems at my local Freddie's but I'm apprehensive about submitting for special hunts now...
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »
You guys having no problems are lucky, I just spent 45 minutes at the burien fredmeyer . The lady at the counter was on the phone with Wdfw for 1/2 waiting for them to pick up. Then after 15 more minutes they couldn't fix my problem and they took my phone number, they'll call me when it's fixed!!! :bash:  the guy at Wdfw said they are having a big meeting today about the issues.  You guys that procrastinate with buying tags and submitting apps, you might not want to this year!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline luv2hunt

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
Purchased all my tags and special permits flawlessly... I did notice when I searched my points that the system shows I have points for all kinds of stuff that I have never purchased, like 65 and older, master hunter, youth antlerless all which I am none of.  :dunno:

Offline Jimmer

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
Purchased all my tags and special permits flawlessly... I did notice when I searched my points that the system shows I have points for all kinds of stuff that I have never purchased, like 65 and older, master hunter, youth antlerless all which I am none of.  :dunno:
Same here.. pretty random too. 5 points, 3 points, 6 points on stuff I've never applied for.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
 I purchased my daughters license/apps today and found a glitch in the system.

When you purchase the apps, you click the "Added (1)" icon and then get a "max quantity reached" pop up, then that icon fades and is no longer available.

When I got to the Any Moose icon I clicked it but the slow wifi where I was didn't go through right away so I clicked it again thinking it just didn't get register. Well when I clicked it the second time, it added a additional application and increased my running $ total.

I thought this was weird so I tried it a few more times and each time I clicked it the app and $ total increased. I finally stopped at 10 and called WDFW to let them know.

After talking to them I removed the 10 apps from my cart and tried again, they quickly got it fixed.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »
Jimmer and luv2hunt,       When the draw system changed to multiple categories years ago, that's when you received points in those categories . Everyone did, this new system allows you to see them is all.

Offline luv2hunt

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
Jimmer and luv2hunt,       When the draw system changed to multiple categories years ago, that's when you received points in those categories . Everyone did, this new system allows you to see them is all.

Why would I receive points for 65 and older when I'm only 51?

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 03:43:35 PM »

i guess to make it easier for them they gave whatever points you had to all categories . You probably have youth points as well, I do and I'm 47. Those points will be waiting for you when you turn 65.

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 03:46:26 PM »

Because at the time there was one idiot in particular working for the WDFW who came up with this ridiculous plan, and then lied and said that they had the support of the majority of the hunters.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]