collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Easterns turkey  (Read 1698 times)

Offline ZagHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Easterns turkey
« on: May 19, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »
I know Scotrobe posted a similar topic a few posts down, but is anyone familiar with any decent spots to chase birds in western WA? I was over in Colville last month and bagged a gobbler.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to take any more time off of work to make the trip over there again.  I understand the season is coming to a close soon, but I might be able to make it out next weekend.  I know I'd be giving myself a much better chance to succeed if I head over the hills, but I'm really curious about the easterns that are on this side of the mountains.  I believe I've heard easterns tend to be bigger birds?  I'm not asking for any specific locations.  I'm just looking for an area where I might be able to put out some calls and hear some gobbles every once in a while - and maybe a place nearby where I can do some scouting on the weekends during other times of the year when I can't afford to drive to Colville.  I know 38 birds were taken in PMU #50 last year so there have so be some out there!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]