collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bear vs. Cow elk and calf  (Read 5720 times)

Offline WA hunter14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Bear vs. Cow elk and calf
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 06:45:18 PM »
Weird I was kinda hoping to see the bear get his first meal?
Is there something wrong with me?
And if I was there no way would I get involved, because that cow could kill you in the blink of an eye. Even if you we're trying to keep the bear from eating a meal he deserves to eat because he's a bear. The cow might not realize your a tree hugger.

Yes there is something wrong with you. that bear isn't looking for its first meal, it's not a baby. The bear can go eat other things that elk calf deserves some chance at life.

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »

Yes there is something wrong with you. that bear isn't looking for its first meal, it's not a baby. The bear can go eat other things that elk calf deserves some chance at life.
[/quote]

HA!
This is quite possibly the most hypocritical statement I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 12:33:05 PM by jagermiester »
Lead em if they're running.

Offline Mossyoak

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
Couple of years ago, we were archery deer hunting over by Okanogan. We were walking up this little ridge and heard a weird bleating sound. I turned around and saw two coyotes chasing a fawn and they were heading right at me. Knocked an arrow, they flew right in front of me at 15 yards. I just missed one of them. The fawn went into the brush and I ran the coyotes off. It was just a natural reaction, didn't think twice about it. I went on hunted the rest of the day came back by where I had ran the coyotes off and they had a fawn down. Don't know if it was the same one but I got another shot at them at like 90 yards but missed again.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »
Couple of years ago, we were archery deer hunting over by Okanogan. We were walking up this little ridge and heard a weird bleating sound. I turned around and saw two coyotes chasing a fawn and they were heading right at me. Knocked an arrow, they flew right in front of me at 15 yards. I just missed one of them. The fawn went into the brush and I ran the coyotes off. It was just a natural reaction, didn't think twice about it. I went on hunted the rest of the day came back by where I had ran the coyotes off and they had a fawn down. Don't know if it was the same one but I got another shot at them at like 90 yards but missed again.

Once they find the little ones I think it's game over no matter what, the mother will eventually get tired and give up. Sad but that's the way nature works.  :'(
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 10:36:34 PM »

Once they find the little ones I think it's game over no matter what, the mother will eventually get tired and give up. Sad but that's the way nature works.  :'(

A couple of days ago I was at Safeway and I saw a guy looking at a package of Lamb chops. I chased him out of the store it was just instinct. When I came back in though someone had bought those Lamb chops. I went home and cried. :'(
Lead em if they're running.

Offline erk444

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]