collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Auction!!! The Fallen Outdoors Banquet tickets  (Read 28228 times)

Offline swift

• NRA Life member
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scout
Re: Auction!!! The Fallen Outdoors Banquet tickets
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2017, 08:10:05 AM »
Awesome time last night !! Was great to meet everyone ! Kind of got rushed out of there after grabbing up our "winnings "😉 And didn't get to say a proper goodbye !
This place protected by God and Guns trespass and you might get to meet Both !

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2017, 09:08:04 AM »
I have to say, I had a great time! It was great getting to meet a few of you folks. I was a bit busy with all of the other green shirts....

Thank you all for coming and supporting a great cause! Can't wait to meet some more of you in the future!!
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
Going to be some great stuff this year! I'll be bringing some pretty cool wood carvings and a really cool wine tour package.

Another one of my pups will be in the auction this year. This dog comes from some seriously awesome bloodlines. (SEE PDF)

Hope to meet a bunch of you guys there. I'll be wearing my black YETI or Seahawks hat.

Great lines on that pup. How much did the pup end up going for? What is the name of your kennel?
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 10:33:55 AM »
3 pups were sold last night, one hasn't been born yet and will be trained.  The cheapest pup went for 1,000 I believe, he had no papers but was from a good line they said.  The event went really smooth, getting in was very easy this year, great job guys.  Enjoyed the banquet, I wonder how much was raised??  People were donating quite a bit, they had some great auction items.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »
It was an awesome time. Really nice to meet more of the hunt wa crew. Great news was I didn't end up with a puppy.😉
The guest speaker was awesome,the video of the hunt made the story of the hunt feel like we were all there. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one feeling the emotion of that story.
The auctions were great items. For the most part they went just like they should for a charity event. Most items were sold for retail value and above. You are getting an item you need at cost and donating the extra to the cause. The cause of course gets all the proceeds because some great sponsors have already donated the item itself.
I personally got one item for over cost and many of us raised our paddles at the end just to make a donation to the cause.
For all you bargain hunters out there they did have a few fishing trips and guided hunts that I think went way under value. If I didn't have a colockum archery tag and a guided cougar hunt already on my list of hunts for this I may have purchased a Texas whitetail hunt our a Washington turkey hunt for my kids.
Great time and I will definitely be back next year.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »
The Texas hunt would have been AWESOME! I was surprised there wasn't more interest, but I do understand that most guys who would be interested (like myself) already have hunts to worry about (Peaches Ridge Muzzy)...

I had a blast and the build up for those dogs was fun! I even brought the dog to my wife trying to entice a pregnant lady into buying a pup!

Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
The "green shirts" and you were busy bees for sure. You actually help my wife and I in but I had no idea who you were until Josh Jackelope told me at the table. FYI I still didn't get use to use my VA benefit with the special blue ticket for veterans only raffles.

Speaking of raffles the raffles for the guns were some of the best deals. I don't think anybody "flooded" those raffles so most everyone who bought one of the limited entry tickets had a chance. Congrats to those that won a raffle. We had a couple winners in the non rifle drawings at our table.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »
I'll toss my hat in the ring 😉  $300

Boomshockalocka!

Way to go swift.

I'm buying a round for whoever wins these tickets.
I won one of the tickets, I missed out on a free beer!! :chuckle: I did come home with a new pack frame, I guess I'll retire my WWll Army issue one now. LOL
My only issue for the night, because of the heat my hearing aids kept shorting out from sweat. And I did not gt to talk to you.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Definetly need air conditioning in that building!!  Very warm, I also wonder if they would make more money changing the silent auction to be raffle items?  Not complaining, just a thought.  Had a great time!

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »
I'll toss my hat in the ring 😉  $300

Boomshockalocka!

Way to go swift.

I'm buying a round for whoever wins these tickets.
I won one of the tickets, I missed out on a free beer!! :chuckle: I did come home with a new pack frame, I guess I'll retire my WWll Army issue one now. LOL
My only issue for the night, because of the heat my hearing aids kept shorting out from sweat. And I did not gt to talk to you.
:bash: Dang it totally forgot about buying the round.  :sry: guys. Next time for sure.
Congrats on the pack frame. If you really do have one of those old army radio pack boards I'd love to buy it for my next deer mount. Looking to do just the head and cape on one of those old frames. First deer I ever packed out was on one of those.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »
It was pretty hot.

I got there at 5:15 because of an archery shoot earlier in the day and then parking was brutal.

Once I got in I didn't have as much time to check out all the silent and live auction stuff as I would liked.

Sitting in front right at the speakers a little rough on my hearing aids.

Next year I will get there sooner and maybe get a seat farther away from the speaker.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
3 pups were sold last night, one hasn't been born yet and will be trained.  The cheapest pup went for 1,000 I believe, he had no papers but was from a good line they said.  The event went really smooth, getting in was very easy this year, great job guys.  Enjoyed the banquet, I wonder how much was raised??  People were donating quite a bit, they had some great auction items.
First pup went for $2300, second put went for $2900 and the last one which was the unpapered one went for $1100
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »
It was an awesome night.  I was lucky enough to see bits of Eric's video and got the whole story of it talking with Eric at Bass Pro.  I think the shot and when that bull dropped put a lump in my throat. Was sweating out of my eyes then too  :chuckle: :chuckle:.  I think they had a really good mix of silent and raffle packages.  I didn't expect for Eric to put my turkey hunt in the live auction.  It went for more then what I thought it would  :tup:
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »
Loved the video, I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place after the hunters speech. 

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »
Loved the video, I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place after the hunters speech. 
It was the heat, just like Russ said, my eyes were sweating as well.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]