collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Auction!!! The Fallen Outdoors Banquet tickets  (Read 28237 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Auction!!! The Fallen Outdoors Banquet tickets
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2017, 02:45:15 PM »
Loved the video, I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place after the hunters speech. 
It was the heat, just like Russ said, my eyes were sweating as well.
:chuckle:, your just weren't human if your weren't "sweating"!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
Loved the video, I'm sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place after the hunters speech. 
:yeah:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
:yeah:
For sure.  I still get goose bumps for every presentation of the national anthem as I did again last night.

And I will admit that more than once last night my ears welled up with tears.  Memories of time serving and the great friends/"family" that you end up creating with people you have never met and have no blood relationship to.  The military bond is an unbelievably strong one.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Jolten

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
It was an awesome time. Really nice to meet more of the hunt wa crew. Great news was I didn't end up with a puppy.😉
The guest speaker was awesome,the video of the hunt made the story of the hunt feel like we were all there. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one feeling the emotion of that story.
The auctions were great items. For the most part they went just like they should for a charity event. Most items were sold for retail value and above. You are getting an item you need at cost and donating the extra to the cause. The cause of course gets all the proceeds because some great sponsors have already donated the item itself.
I personally got one item for over cost and many of us raised our paddles at the end just to make a donation to the cause.
For all you bargain hunters out there they did have a few fishing trips and guided hunts that I think went way under value. If I didn't have a colockum archery tag and a guided cougar hunt already on my list of hunts for this I may have purchased a Texas whitetail hunt our a Washington turkey hunt for my kids.
Great time and I will definitely be back next year.

That bear hunt went way less then I thought it would've. If I didn't have to already explain my bill to the wifey I'd have used the other credit card for it.

Awesome meeting you all, and thanks again  for the invite!
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
It was an awesome time. Really nice to meet more of the hunt wa crew. Great news was I didn't end up with a puppy.😉
The guest speaker was awesome,the video of the hunt made the story of the hunt feel like we were all there. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one feeling the emotion of that story.
The auctions were great items. For the most part they went just like they should for a charity event. Most items were sold for retail value and above. You are getting an item you need at cost and donating the extra to the cause. The cause of course gets all the proceeds because some great sponsors have already donated the item itself.
I personally got one item for over cost and many of us raised our paddles at the end just to make a donation to the cause.
For all you bargain hunters out there they did have a few fishing trips and guided hunts that I think went way under value. If I didn't have a colockum archery tag and a guided cougar hunt already on my list of hunts for this I may have purchased a Texas whitetail hunt our a Washington turkey hunt for my kids.
Great time and I will definitely be back next year.

That bear hunt went way less then I thought it would've. If I didn't have to already explain my bill to the wifey I'd have used the other credit card for it.

Awesome meeting you all, and thanks again Floyd for the invite!
Yes the bear hunt was another one that went for way cheaper than I thought it should have gone for.  That was a good deal.

Next year I will be ready to spend some serious coin.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2017, 04:23:18 PM »
One thing about the trips/hunts, it would be better if they offered at least for 2 people, some had just for 1 person hunts or trips. Kinda sucks to buy a hunt or trip for just yourself. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Jolten

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »
Yeah I can agree with that.
The best equipment in the world is useless to the idiot who doesn't understand it.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Going to be some great stuff this year! I'll be bringing some pretty cool wood carvings and a really cool wine tour package.

Another one of my pups will be in the auction this year. This dog comes from some seriously awesome bloodlines. (SEE PDF)

Hope to meet a bunch of you guys there. I'll be wearing my black YETI or Seahawks hat.

Great lines on that pup. How much did the pup end up going for? What is the name of your kennel?

I dont actually have a name for a kennel as i do not have/run one. I just have some nice dogs that I train for myself and breed as I find a need I.E. I needed a pup, my brother, a friend. Eric Bought bought the sister of the same breeding that sold at the auction.

I was really happy to seethe pup go to a home where he will be hunted and used as his breeding was intended for. These are "working dogs" and I love to see how people use them.

Sorry I was not able to meet more of you as I was also running around quite a bit. I'll try and make more time next year. Well, unless I just decide to sit on a block of ice.... It was Africa hot in there!
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2017, 02:52:39 PM »
Wow...what a cool night again this year. I agree with everything the rest of you guys said. I can't relate to the camaraderie of being in the military unfortunately because I never served, but I will be forever grateful to those that did. The story of Josh and his bull and all the guys who have helped him and cared for him was incredibly moving. Definitely made my eyes sweat a little too.
I'm glad those of you who were able to join us at the table enjoyed the banquet.
@Rainier10  I know how to get hold of Cory if you decide your wife decides(I tried) she wants a puppy after all. No worries there.
@Widgeondeke  thanks to you and your company for the nice donation to the cause so we could all hang out. It was a great time and I hope we can do it again next year.
@swift  Thanks for the bid in this auction. It was great to finally put a face and a real name to the huntwa handle. Good times talking to you and your wife.
@Jolten  @wadu1  I hope you guys  had a good time. Again, thanks for coming!

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »
Betweeen your help and swift's I'm not sure how I didn't end up with a puppy.

Great time for sure I will be back for sure next year.

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2017, 03:35:23 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/tfotreasurer/videos/1402346499842956/

I tried to find a way to share the video, but it looks like it will require Facebook if you want to watch it.

coryTdf played a role in this hunt and I recognized him while watching the video.  It says a lot about his character, and a good video production showing the challenges of a disabled hunter.  I thought the rest of you should see the video as well.  It may have been posted before, but I wanted to make sure the banquet and video were tied together.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2017, 12:09:45 PM »
That video says a lot for Cory's wheat stubble WOT driving skills too!!

@CoryTDF

There's a YouTube version of the video too. I'll see if I can find it.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2017, 08:43:12 AM »
That video says a lot for Cory's wheat stubble WOT driving skills too!!

@CoryTDF

There's a YouTube version of the video too. I'll see if I can find it.

When you need me in a hurry i'm there!!
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10