collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peaches Ridge Quality Elk Hunt  (Read 3105 times)

Offline shansar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Peaches Ridge Quality Elk Hunt
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:45 PM »
Oh Balls! I honestly can't believe it but got drawn for Peaches Ridge Quality Elk Hunt Sept. 25-29th. If I am reading this right only 3 permits given total - I had 12 points but still didn't think I'd ever have any chance! Good grief I feel like I have been given the keys to a Ferrari for a day as I am certainly not the most seasoned elk hunter and am sure not as qualified as most of you. I have had success hunting in Taneum and have gotten a few cows and a spike a couple of years ago but never hunted that time of the year or for a big bull. Also haven't hunted unit 346. I am a teacher so will be able to do a lot of scouting this August etc. and trying to come up with a plan. Definitely going to put  a lot of time into it. Any advice at all that I could get would sure be appreciated. PM would be great if that is better. My friends already got me worried telling me that I will need a caller and don't shoot the first one you see. I am just tickled to be able to get an elk and always feel grateful to fill the tag. I got some work to do! Thanks for your time as everyone on this forum is so great at giving helpful advice. It certainly IS much appreciated. I am sure excited for this hunt! Thanks-
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:42:02 PM by shansar »

Offline lord grizzly

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: Peaches Ridge Quality Elk Hunt- Oh Boy!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:54:36 PM »
Sounds like you've already got one down... remember guys eat draw tags too. Learn to call at least a little from now till then. When there rutting hard you don't have to be a real great caller.

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
Re: Peaches Ridge Quality Elk Hunt- Oh Boy!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
There are a few posts in here from people who have drawn this tag in the past. This may be one of the better tags in the state due to the fact that you are gonna be out there nearly by yourself.

Good luck, good luck scouting! There are a few of us that have the Muzzy and Rifle tag that open up on Sept 30th. Hopefully you have great success!
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal