collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 18 ish foot aluminum fishing boat advice  (Read 6037 times)

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
Re: 18 ish foot aluminum fishing boat advice
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »
My 19' Stryker worked well for many years.  90hp engine was more than enough.  Most people wouldn't believe what I've been out in.

Sorry Katmai, I disagree with the center console.  Having a windshield and at least canvas top on it is a necessity IMO for a variety of reasons.  Of course, I am a year round boater on the Sound.

To each his own, I just prefer standing in the center than getting bounced up and down in the front when it's rough.  When I took rookies fishing it helped to have them in front of me and watch them and the water at the same time and I could run the riggers easier.  Some people say I'm anal. :dunno:

Center console is my preference as well and I learned year round boating in SE AK. IMO a center console is much more versatile, but a windscreen and cover make a great commuter and a more comfy cabin for people who are more sensitive to going out in inclement weather. I always hated trying to sit in a small stuffy cabin when the weather was rough, it was sure nice when the rain was blowing though!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal