collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Consistent, Good Customer Service?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline WapitiTalk1

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, US Army (R)
Consistent, Good Customer Service?
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
What companies have you had the best, most consistent customer service from? Ya, I know we really don't want to have to use it but..... hunting products are made from various materials (and getting more complex as father time rolls on). Please, share a story of a situation that you've had to call on customer service from XXX company and have sat back in your chair and said "now that's what I'm talking about". As always, thanks. RJ
Darton Archery Maverick II
Traditions Vortek StrikeFire Smoke Pole
Weatherby VG-2 Boomstick
"Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions." Patrick F. McManus

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Consistent, Good Customer Service?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
I bought a Field Scope III spotting scope used off of eBay, it was like new condition. I was hunting a few years ago and while I was using my binoculars the wind blew my tri pod over and jammed the magnification ring on the eye piece. When I bought the spotting scope the original owner gave me the purchase receipt and it had his name on it. So after talking to Nikon customer service on the phone I sent the spotting scope with the receipt  into Nikon with a note saying what had happened and that I know I may have to pay for the repairs.
Almost exactly two weeks from the day a shipped my spotting scope it was delivered to my door with a brand new eye piece and they also replaced the well used cover on the scope with a brand new one and they didn't ask for a dime   :tup:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:14:53 PM by Jason »

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
I was hunting with a Reflex, I think whitetail hunter or something. 3 weeks before the season, one limb delaminated at full draw and the bow disintegrated in my hands. I took it to Archery World here in the Couve. They overnighted it to Hoyt, which immediately gave me a choice of one bow for free, or an upgrade for an additional $100 (which I chose). Two days later my bow came in and Archery World set it up immediately for no charge in the face of all the business an archery shop does three weeks before the opener. Both Hoyt and especially Archery World went above and beyond to make sure I had a bow with plenty of time to sight in and practice before the season.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:05:57 AM »
I was hunting with a Reflex, I think whitetail hunter or something. 3 weeks before the season, one limb delaminated at full draw and the bow disintegrated in my hands. I took it to Archery World here in the Couve. They overnighted it to Hoyt, which immediately gave me a choice of one bow for free, or an upgrade for an additional $100 (which I chose). Two days later my bow came in and Archery World set it up immediately for no charge in the face of all the business an archery shop does three weeks before the opener. Both Hoyt and especially Archery World went above and beyond to make sure I had a bow with plenty of time to sight in and practice before the season.
Wow, that's quite impressive. :tup:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »
They're a super, customer-oriented business. The owner, Joe, is a Jarhead. He's got a case with a memorial to two of his buddies lost in Iraq. They give me discounts for the kid that I bring shooting on Wednesdays. He's a patriot, good family man, great businessman, lots of integrity, and takes care of the people who buy their bows from him. That's hard to come by these days.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »
I've always received excellent customer service from Riverside Archery. I've bought a bows, strings accessories etc from them. All I have to do is ask for help and they give it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 10:36:49 AM »
The best
Excalibur Crossbows (Horizontal Archery), Leupold, Swaro, Weaver, Lightfield

The worst
Big Game Tree Stands & Muddy Outdoors

Can be great but totally dependant on who your point of contact is
Cabelas

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 11:04:24 AM »
My best experiences with manufacturers' customer service have been with Ruger and Burris.  My worst has been with Redfield. 

I also had exceptional service from The Sports Lure sporting goods store in Buffalo, WY.  They worked on a jamming issue with my Remington 740, my only big game rifle at the time.  I picked it up, took it out, same issue - and I was leaving the next day antelope hunting.  I took it back, he worked on it on the spot, and was confident it was fixed - and I told him worst case, using it as a single shot wasn't that big a deal.  He said no, leave it with me, take my antelope rifle, it's sighted in dead on at 200 yards, and handed me a beautiful German bolt action 7x57, Mannlicher stocked and with a double set trigger, plus a box of 140 grain softpoints.  I returned three days later, having filled three tags and returned his rifle and the remaining 17 cartridges.  In the interim, he had taken my 740 out, and run two boxes of his own ammo through it to assure himself the issue was resolved.  He also refused to accept a single dime, from the initial repair or anything subsequent.  That is the kind of customer service that makes a customer want to do business there, and over the years I've spent a few grand there and directed thousands more in business to that store.  That's also why they are still in business after 45 years!
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Lingcod

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Friends don't let friends eat farmed Salmon
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »
Leupold is customer service outstanding, but most folks know that. I've also had good experiences with these companies/businesses. Badlands, Scotty Down riggers, Whitetails Plus, Worley Bugger Fly co, Black Sheep, Hooked on Toys, Tikka, PSE, Clarks, Blue Dog RV. Cabelas has always been real hit or miss for me as well, but their return department has always treated me right.
“Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.”

Offline de0827

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
My greatest archery related customer service experience came from Cory at XXX Archery.  My first year of archery hunting was 4 years ago, and my teenage son and I were going to share my bow alternating each day.  The day before the season opener, we got camp all set up and was taking some practice shots.  When my son took his turn he accidentally dry fired - just forgot to load an arrow!   :bash:  Well of course that messed up the cable really bad.  After driving to where we could get cell service late in the afternoon, I got ahold of Cory on the phone.  He said he didn't know if he would be able to help or not, but to bring the bow in to him the next day.  Sure enough, in the midst of the craziness of the beginning of the season, Cory took the time to work up new cables for me.  After a little tuning, we were out the door and headed back to the woods.  XXX Archery - quality operation!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »
I've been there once to go hear some guy name Phelps try to elk call.  :chuckle: It looked like a good shop.  :tup:

Offline follow maggie

• Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »
Leupold, Ruger, Sage, OnX Maps

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull