collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Northeast Washington Tribe To Begin Hunting Wolves Off Reservation  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
Re: Northeast Washington Tribe To Begin Hunting Wolves Off Reservation
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »
Which, by allowing this, just continues to allow WDFW to drag out the delisting process...
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 11:41:00 AM »
Which, by allowing this, just continues to allow WDFW to drag out the delisting process...

WDF&Wolves don't need a reason to drag out delisting, we have already seen they are playing the numbers game, and will continue on that course until wolves become a big enough problem that they have no choice but to delist.

The only wolf control WA will get, will have to come from the public etc..

Welcome to the the fraud and corruption of the wolf introduction

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 12:04:02 PM »
(Merged the 2 duplicate threads)
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
Comments about this here as well:

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,216558.msg2882424.html#msg2882424

I find it very interesting how as long as it doesn't involve deer or elk, the tribes get so much support... 

Where are the "Same laws for everybody" or the "I don't care what they do as long as they stay on the reservation" protesters now???

My understanding is the Colville tribe does a good job of wildlife management. Why complain when they are once again managing wildlife in a way we agree with?

Just like if the Yak's start killing sea lions, I'm going to have a big grin and sure won't complain when they are doing the right thing. :twocents:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
They have been doing it for years but quietly.

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 07:03:07 AM »

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,216558.msg2882424.html#msg2882424

I find it very interesting how as long as it doesn't involve deer or elk, the tribes get so much support... 

Where are the "Same laws for everybody" or the "I don't care what they do as long as they stay on the reservation" protesters now???
i don't know that I've seen those complaints about the. collville tribe, the do an excellent job of managing there game and probably have the best deer hunting in the state. The yaks and the mucks are the rotten apples. If they all followed suit with the colville I think you'd see a lot less negative feelings toward natives in general 
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2017, 07:25:53 AM »

i don't know that I've seen those complaints about the. collville tribe, the do an excellent job of managing there game and probably have the best deer hunting in the state. The yaks and the mucks are the rotten apples. If they all followed suit with the colville I think you'd see a lot less negative feelings toward natives in general
Perhaps not, but there are countless derogatory posts about natives in general without differentiation.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 08:03:21 AM »

Exactly my thought.  I'm all for hunting and managing wolves but letting a certain ethnic group of people have special hunting and fishing rights is a very slippery slope.

The already had them, negotiated many, many years ago.  Selective outrage is a curious thing though, isn't it?
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »

You are ignorant Jdb. Generalization of 14,000 as rotten apples. Guy's like you drive the wedge of division deeper and deeper. 

Offline Buckblaster

• Scout
  • 2015 Wyoming Moose
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »
Legal wolf hunting by the tribes was probably a plan encouraged by WDFW to share in the blame game on wolf killings, since they are tired of taking all the heat.  The tribes have hunting right authority which is backed by the federal gov't, so now some of the blame shifts from state to federal.  Makes sense to me.  I agree that it may delay the delisting, but that is only if they report the wolves taken.  Remember, don't shoot the collared ones!
NRA Life Member

"The people will not understand the importance of the Second Amendment until it is too late."
Thomas Jefferson

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 02:49:16 PM »
Any and every excuse will be used to delay the delisting. We will not hunt wolves in my lifetime in WA. We'll see hunting ended before they sell wolf tags.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 05:59:56 PM »
Nothing new here, the tribes told WDFW this is exactly what they would do, in public meetings, before the WAG existed.  The agency folks smiled sweetly and moved on.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2017, 06:39:01 PM »
Any and every excuse will be used to delay the delisting. We will not hunt wolves in my lifetime in WA. We'll see hunting ended before they sell wolf tags.
How will hunting the north half delay delisting? They are already delisted in the eastern third.  Add to that the criteria has been met west of there and it dilutes your statement even more.  The south cascades are the obstacle that  is blocking "delisting". I do agree that the plan does not fit our state though.

Offline jdb

• the illustious potentate
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 06:46:22 PM »

You are ignorant Jdb. Generalization of 14,000 as rotten apples. Guy's like you drive the wedge of division deeper and deeper.
so your going to argue that the yakimas and the mucks manage their game wisely?? Who's the ingnorant one here?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:56:08 PM by jdb »
nuke the gray whales for jesus!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]