collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Members are complaining about the off-topics board, how should it be changed?

Keep off-topics the way it is, members can freely opt in and opt out
168 (58.7%)
Keep off-topics the way it is but make all members opt in again
11 (3.8%)
Make off topics by request and approval only, you would have to request membership
13 (4.5%)
Remove off-topics from the forum completely
38 (13.3%)
I really don't care what happens with off-topics
31 (10.8%)
Off Topics has the same rules as the rest of the forum
25 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Author Topic: POLL: Members are complaining about the off-topics, how should it be changed?  (Read 53546 times)

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
The problem in all seriousness is that this site will never please the Democrat majority in Western Wa. It will not please RINO, Libertarian, or Republicans. It will never please the Hunting Purists, the Grammar Nazi's, the Ethical Thought police, LE, Anti-LE, Anti-Natives, or, the majority in the middle. It should not try to.

The reason is that this site is only what we add to it. We all add our perception and experience. It does not exist to please any factions or group. It exists to expand Hunting/Outdoor/Firearms and Weapons/and Politics related topics and interests in Washington and beyond.

There isn't just OT,  there is another whole section for politics, and outdoor advocacy. Think General Politics don't relate to these topics as a whole? Come on, it does. I am serious about people being banned from OFF TOPIC for wanting it desolved. If it is so despised that a person wants it banned what could they offer that isn't toxic? Are they are so toxic they can't not log in. Knowing they can't handle it, how unstable is That?

I spent a long time in the past saying we shouldn't eat our own. I was and am probably in the minority if not a lone voice. I accept that. But, I will say again, you are free to self ban. You are free to only sit at the campfires you like here. You don't need a daddy or a babysitter. 
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
The problem in all seriousness is that this site will never please the Democrat majority in Western Wa. It will not please RINO, Libertarian, or Republicans. It will never please the Hunting Purists, the Grammar Nazi's, the Ethical Thought police, LE, Anti-LE, Anti-Natives, or, the majority in the middle. It should not try to.

The reason is that this site is only what we add to it. We all add our perception and experience. It does not exist to please any factions or group. It exists to expand Hunting/Outdoor/Firearms and Weapons/and Politics related topics and interests in Washington and beyond.

There isn't just OT,  there is another whole section for politics, and outdoor advocacy. Think General Politics don't relate to these topics as a whole? Come on, it does. I am serious about people being banned from OFF TOPIC for wanting it desolved. If it is so despised that a person wants it banned what could they offer that isn't toxic? Are they are so toxic they can't not log in. Knowing they can't handle it, how unstable is That?

I spent a long time in the past saying we shouldn't eat our own. I was and am probably in the minority if not a lone voice. I accept that. But, I will say again, you are free to self ban. You are free to only sit at the campfires you like here. You don't need a daddy or a babysitter.

It comes back to what the left wants. More regulation, more rules, nanny state. They want the same for the site.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
The vast majority has surely spoken with silence
22127 members total and only 246 votes total in this poll
So 21881 members either don't care, can handle it or???
Complacent is my guess  8)

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
I voted to keep it the way it is.If you don't like it just ignore it
:yeah:
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
I'm always amazed how only a small amount of people vote in polls on here. Is it because a lot of people access it thru Tapatalk where for some reason polls don't show up?
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
I'm always amazed how only a small amount of people vote in polls on here. Is it because a lot of people access it thru Tapatalk where for some reason polls don't show up?
That is a interesting thought since I use Tapatalk too.  I saw the poll and got on a computer for it.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Green broke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
I originally joined because I love hunting in Washington. This site changed and jaded me pretty quickly.  There is a lot of ill will and down right hatred on this site.  Eye opening and  troubling, especially if you factor in the sad state of affairs the wdfw is in. The reality is huntwa is a good ol boys club and not a place for Indians. That said I willingly signed on but have given up on any thought of a symbiotic coexistence.

I agree there are those who are hard core anti-native. But you are sadly mistaken if you think everyone on the forum is that way. By thinking that way you are no better than the ones you are complaining about! I hope you will just give that a little thought? :twocents:
I stated my perception and perception is my reality.  Not really "complaining". I'm not better than any of the good ol' boys, just not one of them.  The hatred stings even if it is a minority of the membership, it's a very vocal minority.  This includes some of the mods, bobcat and jackelope are real quick to attack native issues with a prejudice that runs deep. I guess at the end of the day it falls more into the square peg round hole category and I'm nobody to wage a valid opinion when it's your game and rules.  There is very little common ground here.  It is not just with natives though, hunters will be there own worst enemy and cannibalize worse than any other interest group that i can think of,  with so much at stake.

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough
Tapatalk is the reason I almost never vote in polls.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
POLL: Members are complaining about the off-topics, how should it be changed?
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »

You can just hit the "web view" tab in the drop down at the top right of your screen and vote from there.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Expedition Scout

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA
I agree with some the frustration of a good topic getting moved to OT due to the rants of some. Why can't they be moderated and the same topic be opened again in OT for the rants, while keeping the good discussion on hunting open elsewhere. I like to read the points of view folks have on certain items, however when a few folks take over the thread to air their thoughts for pages and pages, I quickly loose interest, or worst yet, the whole thread is moved to OT so everyone can get their licks in. I'd like to see the original thread kept open in it's original locations and the rants get pushed.
"By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent"

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
OT is basically the section where two people in particular focus solely on posting as many links as possible to the most obscure political websites not yet known to man. Other than that I'm not sure what else happens  :chuckle:

Oh wait, bets for .22 bricks are made there as well.

Offline fish vacuum

• Sourdough

You can just hit the "web view" tab in the drop down at the top right of your screen and vote from there.

I never knew that. Just tried it and it only takes me to page 1 of the thread, in tapatalk, with no poll.

Offline Igottanewknee

• Sourdough
OT is basically the section where two people in particular focus solely on posting as many links as possible to the most obscure political websites not yet known to man. Other than that I'm not sure what else happens  :chuckle:

Oh wait, bets for .22 bricks are made there as well.
:yeah:
Boy howdy, ain't that the truth!!!
So, I tried to find it, but couldn't..... how do you opt out of random, I mean off topics?
Honestly, can't figure it out on my phone...

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
So, I tried to find it, but couldn't..... how do you opt out of random, I mean off topics?
Honestly, can't figure it out on my phone...

On the right side, click on "Group Memberships."

Probably can't do it if you're using the Tapatalk app.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA

I never knew that. Just tried it and it only takes me to page 1 of the thread, in tapatalk, with no poll.

I tried it to and same thing.   No poll.  Did you have an Android phone?   Maybe a difference between the iPhone app and Android app.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]