collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Members are complaining about the off-topics board, how should it be changed?

Keep off-topics the way it is, members can freely opt in and opt out
168 (58.7%)
Keep off-topics the way it is but make all members opt in again
11 (3.8%)
Make off topics by request and approval only, you would have to request membership
13 (4.5%)
Remove off-topics from the forum completely
38 (13.3%)
I really don't care what happens with off-topics
31 (10.8%)
Off Topics has the same rules as the rest of the forum
25 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Author Topic: POLL: Members are complaining about the off-topics, how should it be changed?  (Read 53544 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
We're going to take a poll and determine what happens with the off-topics. I'm sick and tired of members complaining and blaming the site for their own lack of ability to simply opt out of the off-topics if they don't like it.

Let's all vote and the member's votes will decide what happens with off-topics. You vote, you decide, this decision is on you, the whole H-W membership!

If there's another option you want added to the poll please post it and I or one of the other mods will add it. I set the poll so anyone can change their vote at any time. Feel free to discuss this or ask question in this topic!

THANKS!  :tup:

UPDATE:
I've had some pm's from members with good input, if you have some constructive thoughts but don't want to post them openly in this topic, please send them to me via pm. THANKS
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:44:54 AM by bearpaw »
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation
keep it as is
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
I think it is crappy that pertinent topics to hunting get moved to the off topics because a few can't mind their P's and Q's .......  The response I have gotten (more than once) is .....just join the off topics if you want to discuss that topic.  I opt out of the off topics because the majority (so I've been told) is a bunch of old ladies complaining just because they can.  I try not to involve myself in that mess as it is counter productive.  If you want to be on this forum keep it clean and keep it in the campfire forum (hunting or not....at my campfire the only thing off limits is work) but we always keep it clean and respect others around the fire..  If you can't keep it clean and you need an off topics.....pack your bags and move on.  Lots of other forms to talk trash about others......this is not it.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
If I may, another poll option?  :peep:

Make Off Topics have the same rules as the rest of the forum

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
This site has changed throughout the years but that is natural with growth.

Some are thin skinned and some are a little tough skinned for their own good. We all know babysitting has to happen because it does on every forum. I voted opt in and approved because some just need to babysat more and once you cross that line you loose your membership to off topics. But this is a great site and everyone has valuable outdoor advice so you can still contribute on those boards

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters

Good recommendation, it's added, anyone can change their vote at any time!

Did you have any comments to add about that option, I think everyone should air their thoughts so all the members can decide what is best for the forum?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Wahhhh... off topics is great!! If you can't control yourself and what you read then you'll never be happy anyways! People who are interested in off topic subjects but love hunting get to share their point of views with like minded people. Or people who love hunting and think differently... what's not to love?

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
I think it is crappy that pertinent topics to hunting get moved to the off topics because a few can't mind their P's and Q's .......  The response I have gotten (more than once) is .....just join the off topics if you want to discuss that topic.  I opt out of the off topics because the majority (so I've been told) is a bunch of old ladies complaining just because they can.  I try not to involve myself in that mess as it is counter productive.  If you want to be on this forum keep it clean and keep it in the campfire forum (hunting or not....at my campfire the only thing off limits is work) but we always keep it clean and respect others around the fire..  If you can't keep it clean and you need an off topics.....pack your bags and move on.  Lots of other forms to talk trash about others......this is not it.

Thanks for the comments, I'm just a bit confused and need you to clarify, are you saying you want the off topics in the Virtual Campfire?

To clarify my thoughts, I don't want non-outdoor related politics, religious topics, and quite a few of the non-hunting topics on the main forum. If we get rid of the off-topics we will get rid of them completely, we are not going to move them to the open forum where we have to babysit it all the time because as most of us know, some members simply will not remain civil in those topics.

Offline csaaphill

• Anti Hunters are weird animals.
  • Old Salt
  • Hunting is non-negotiable it's what I do!
  • Groups: G.O.A., Rocky Mountain ELk Foundation

No leave it alone we need one ave. where people can let off steam.
"When my bow falls, so shall the world. When me heart ceases to pump blood to my body, it will all come crashing down. As a hunter, we are bound by duty, nay, bound by our very soul to this world. When a hunter dies we feel it, we sense it, and the world trembles with sorrow. When I die, so shall the world, from the shock of loosing such a great part of ones soul." Ezekiel, Okeanos Hunter

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
Set every profile that has posted in there, in the last 7 days, to only post in there and lock them out of the rest of the entire forum.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
I understand that there needs to be a place for political views and rants.  Good debate is a good thing but unfortunately in OT things have gone way over and above debate.  The name calling, personal attacks and vulgar language even in OT should not be happening.  I guess you have to look at it this way.  A person joined a hunting forum for what?  If that person is posting in OT and nothing much else maybe that person should reevaluate why they are really here.  :dunno:   My vote is for making it a request and approval.  Really it comes down to something really simple.  Just follow the rules.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

Thanks for the comments, I'm just a bit confused and need you to clarify, are you saying you want the off topics in the Virtual Campfire?

To clarify my thoughts, I don't want non-outdoor related politics, religious topics, and quite a few of the non-hunting topics on the main forum. If we get rid of the off-topics we will get rid of them completely, we are not going to move them to the open forum where we have to babysit it all the time because as most of us know, some members simply will not remain civil in those topics.

Hunting topics that get too heated have been moved to OT instead of moderating the thread and removing volatile or offensive comments.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
If you don't like what goes on in OT, be an adult and opt out. I did. I never have a problem now with what's posted in there.  :twocents:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
I really do like this....

but Id like a place to put all the crap news stories.  I get sick of them.  I do hate it when a good topic gets moved.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]