collapse

Advertisement

Poll

Members are complaining about the off-topics board, how should it be changed?

Keep off-topics the way it is, members can freely opt in and opt out
168 (58.7%)
Keep off-topics the way it is but make all members opt in again
11 (3.8%)
Make off topics by request and approval only, you would have to request membership
13 (4.5%)
Remove off-topics from the forum completely
38 (13.3%)
I really don't care what happens with off-topics
31 (10.8%)
Off Topics has the same rules as the rest of the forum
25 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 286

Author Topic: POLL: Members are complaining about the off-topics, how should it be changed?  (Read 53574 times)

Offline jmscon

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • RMEF BHA TRCP
And social media
My interpretation of the rules are open to interpretation.
Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Okay... well you're not going to get rid of politics, as long as we have government and a country, we'll have politics. Pretending politics doesn't exist won't make it go away, or solve any problems. And, social media isn't going away anytime soon, either.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
The downward spiral of our country started with the breakdown of families, not politics.

We need OT so I can straighten some of you out. :chuckle:
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
The vast majority of folks want the OT left alone.
I'm curious though, of the 33(at this time) that want it removed...do you want it removed thereby removing all political/controversial/OT related topics from the forum? Or do you want them put into the regular forum board unfiltered?
Just curious....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
The vast majority has surely spoken with silence
22127 members total and only 246 votes total in this poll
So 21881 members either don't care, can handle it or???
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Out of the 22127 members how many are still active?Some left never to come back????With this i think a reset on membership might also be warranted  :twocents: lets see how many members we actually have these days.  :dunno:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Blacktail Sniper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Kill'em all...let the gravy sort'em out!!!
  • Groups: blacktail sniper
Out of the 22127 members how many are still active?Some left never to come back????With this i think a reset on membership might also be warranted  :twocents: lets see how many members we actually have these days.  :dunno:

Maybe if no log-in activity for a year, remove? 
It is better to be consistently incorrect than inconsistently correct...

Sarcasm: The ability to insult stupid people without them realizing it. 

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity...

Sarcasm makes smart people laugh and stupid people mad.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

I have a feeling that might affect how potential sponsors might consider their level of participation in the forum.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt

I have a feeling that might affect how potential sponsors might consider their level of participation in the forum.  :dunno:
True.  :yeah: But it would be honest ?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline baldopepper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
The vast majority of folks want the OT left alone.
I'm curious though, of the 33(at this time) that want it removed...do you want it removed thereby removing all political/controversial/OT related topics from the forum? Or do you want them put into the regular forum board unfiltered?
Just curious....
I definitely don't want them in the regular forum.  The way it's set up now I can actually treat it like a different forum.  I think like others on here we're bombarded enough in our daily lives with the controversial goings on around us, we don't want or need it on sight where hopefully we can go and escape it for a bit.

Offline Curly

• Legend
It would be nice if members that were banned under a different user name could be banned again even if they've changed their user name. :twocents:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
I thought it already was like that  :yeah:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
It would be nice if members that were banned under a different user name could be banned again even if they've changed their user name. :twocents:
Moderators look for that. Of course anyone can visit as a guest.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope

True.  :yeah: But it would be honest ?

I think Dale mentioned doing something like starting the membership count over/re-starting it or something. The biggest reason I don't want to eliminate everyone who hasn't posted in a year is the amount of time it would take to do. I don't have that kind of time. Also you can't find them anymore once they're deleted. Can't search their posts, etc. Also any banned members who were deleted would then be able to come back free and clear. There are multiple reasons that would support or not support doing this. It's a toss up. I don't have the time to volunteer to do this, and I suspect the same could be said for lots of the mods.  Maybe there's a feature that would sort them out in the software. Who knows....
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Curly

• Legend
I thought it already was like that  :yeah:
Why would you think that. You're here.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal