collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lurkers.....Esteemed members  (Read 92314 times)

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
Let's not go down this path as there is not anything good at the end. We appreciate the feedback.

:yeah:

and there's nothing to prevent that valuable insight on tribal issues, we did not ban talking about tribal hunting or gun rights issues or any other issues for that matter

We just ask (demand) that you be civilized in discussing these things and not sling personal attacks and slander at one another for having a differing opinion.

Offline Whitefoot

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
Holy cow I spent some time looking at early threads in off topics and I'll be upfront and say there was a time when OffTopics was pretty much a native bashing cesspool--those with the strongest opinions tended be the lightest on intellect. Whatever changes have occurred were sorely needed. It's good that those threads are back a ways because they are an embarrassment to this sight and cast hunters exactly in the light that the liberal media would like cast on them--simple minded degenerates.

I couldn't agree more.  :tup:
Cayusm

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
It has been awhile since I have actively been here engaged with discussions or posted fishing or hunting pictures, it was mainly due to doing a lot of other stuff lately.    I have met some awesome folks from this site that I regularly fish and hunt with..    Met some of the weirdest ones too, but aren't we all a bit off in some sort of way..  lol   Some of the guys I have gotten to know left us way too soon - RIP - ICEMAN!  Others just have moved onto other things in their life, kids, careers, etc...  I think this site is still a good site -maybe it doesn't have the same dynamics as the original HuntWa (Ray) built it, but then that was only a few hundred people, not thousands like today.  Moderators have it tough, cut them some slack unless you step up to do what they are doing.....  Those that get a little too wrapped up in BS stuff that they can't change, let it go, unless you got a positive or active way to influence change, complaining every time your target discussion comes up gets old..  So here is to posting some fishing pictures and coming around the site a little bit more than in the past couple years...  By the way I still got my original HuntWa hat and wear it around sometimes..  Say hello next time you see it...

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
I thought I'd bump this up as people might have more to contribute after hunting season.

I've been careful giving out information this year in pm's and need to be more careful after giving out information to members I found to be on the lazy side. I didn't get any more burnt than last year, but may have paid the price for trying to be too generous. I have gotten some pretty good trail cam footage in the month they've been out, but keeping those photos to myself and those members I trust on here. You won't see any trail cam threads from me again.

I'll shut up giving information out in the future with members I don't know.

BTW @boneaddict, maybe this thead should go back to the virtual campfire for a bit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:09:39 PM by Naches Sportsman »

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
I never considered myself an esteemed member. However, there are personalities that seem to live to stir the pot and post worthless garbage...and an unwillingness to just get rid of the chronic problem children that took the fun out of it. I have watched a good number of great and knowledgeable members quit the site or totally change the way they interact because they're stuck dealing with j@ackasses whenever they're online. I'd include Bone in that group, it doesn't seem as fun for him or many of the mods anymore.

As such, this is my first post since April and probably my last for a while. I come on here once in a while to check classifieds now but that's about it.

This one pretty much says it for me ... That and being asked where I'd like to meet to settle things got old. It seemed it should be a violation of forum rules but nothing ever happened so not being on here was an easy way to deal with that. I'm not saying I was " An esteemed" member by any means but I think I shared some good pics and stories of hunts and brought some positive things to the table. I have helped members with info that I have never even met and answered many questions on PM's. I learned a ton about wildlife photography and long range shooting and made a few friendships I wouldn't have otherwise and for that I am grateful. I haven't posted too much of success pics the last couple years cause when you are away it just seems that the pics and field photos kinda go away with you. So there I think this is about my 5th or 6th post this year  :chuckle: I'll still check in to read but I've stayed away from posting much.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Little Dave

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2017, 09:30:06 PM »
Stepped out for a while.  The site did seem to be drifting a bit, but at the same time my ex-wives and their minions were reading stuff to maximize divorce profiteering so I left for a while.  Glad to see some familiar names.  Hope last few years were good ones for you.

Thanks for taking the time and effort into rebuilding the forum.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #366 on: December 19, 2017, 10:01:09 AM »
I never considered myself an esteemed member. However, there are personalities that seem to live to stir the pot and post worthless garbage...and an unwillingness to just get rid of the chronic problem children that took the fun out of it. I have watched a good number of great and knowledgeable members quit the site or totally change the way they interact because they're stuck dealing with j@ackasses whenever they're online. I'd include Bone in that group, it doesn't seem as fun for him or many of the mods anymore.

As such, this is my first post since April and probably my last for a while. I come on here once in a while to check classifieds now but that's about it.

This one pretty much says it for me ... That and being asked where I'd like to meet to settle things got old. It seemed it should be a violation of forum rules but nothing ever happened so not being on here was an easy way to deal with that. I'm not saying I was " An esteemed" member by any means but I think I shared some good pics and stories of hunts and brought some positive things to the table. I have helped members with info that I have never even met and answered many questions on PM's. I learned a ton about wildlife photography and long range shooting and made a few friendships I wouldn't have otherwise and for that I am grateful. I haven't posted too much of success pics the last couple years cause when you are away it just seems that the pics and field photos kinda go away with you. So there I think this is about my 5th or 6th post this year  :chuckle: I'll still check in to read but I've stayed away from posting much.

That and being asked where I'd like to meet to settle things got old

I'm sorry to hear that M_ray! If those kinds of remarks are ever sent to anyone, we want to know. That is grounds for an immediate longterm and possible permanent ban. That should never happen!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #367 on: December 19, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »
Stepped out for a while.  The site did seem to be drifting a bit, but at the same time my ex-wives and their minions were reading stuff to maximize divorce profiteering so I left for a while.  Glad to see some familiar names.  Hope last few years were good ones for you.

Thanks for taking the time and effort into rebuilding the forum.

Little Dave I'm really sorry to hear you had to go through a divorce, but hopefully you'll have a better life after it's all over.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline mjustice79

• Hunter
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, B&C, Buckmasters
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
I didn’t hunt last year, spent money to learn to climb mountains instead. I will say, anytime I had a question on a particular topic, I received some great responses. I just lurk to gain knowledge. I’ve found that most questions I have, have already been answered, so no need to beat a dead horse I guess. After four years, I’m still trying to figure out the state for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Infantryman
I'm about to say to heck with all, and go raise pigs, mules, and tobacco.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2018, 04:31:12 PM »
I didn’t hunt last year, spent money to learn to climb mountains instead. I will say, anytime I had a question on a particular topic, I received some great responses. I just lurk to gain knowledge. I’ve found that most questions I have, have already been answered, so no need to beat a dead horse I guess. After four years, I’m still trying to figure out the state for hunting.

Rock or glacier travel? Which mountains are on the list?

If you don't own a copy of Freedom of the Hills you don't have the bible.2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline mjustice79

• Hunter
Lurkers.....Esteemed members
« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »

Rock or glacier travel? Which mountains are on the list?

If you don't own a copy of Freedom of the Hills you don't have the bible.2c

I’ve already gotten 3/5 volcanoes knocked off with Glacier and Rainer being the last two. I’m looking at Stewart, and maybe Deception and Shuksan this year. I’ve read that book over and over. Kind of a boring read, but a wealth of knowledge in there.

Retired Infantryman

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #371 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:46 PM »
Cool.  I took a group of Scouts up Mystery and Deception on the Oly Pen years ago when I was guiding for the Boy Scouts. The  Ranger at Camp Sherman near Freshwater was taking tracks of Scouts up Raineer in the early 60s. He would take them from one side of the crater to the other in the steam vents.

Climbing is pretty addictive.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline mjustice79

• Hunter
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
Cool.  I took a group of Scouts up Mystery and Deception on the Oly Pen years ago when I was guiding for the Boy Scouts. The  Ranger at Camp Sherman near Freshwater was taking tracks of Scouts up Raineer in the early 60s. He would take them from one side of the crater to the other in the steam vents.

Climbing is pretty addictive.

Nice! Yes it’s highly addictive lol!! I’ve found that I enjoy it more than hunting actually, and swore I’d never give WDFW another dollar. However, one of my sons told me he wanted to start hunting again so I’ll dole out the $$$ for a multi tag and we’ll go after deer this year.

Retired Infantryman

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]