collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: suspenders please  (Read 3485 times)

Offline wt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
suspenders please
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »
I'm new to suspenders and would like to add a set to my hunting bag. I'm looking for a set with low profile hardware, and  don't need special buttons on the pant to attach them to the pant. I want to use them while I wear a pack, but don't want the hardware digging into me.

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
Re: suspenders please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:52:31 AM »
http://perrysuspenders.com/percamsusreg.html

I got the 2 inch wide at Dave's Sporting Goods in Lynden, and found them in a hardware store in Port Townsend as well.  These have flat "hooks" that latch on to my belt and really like that system.  You can unhook them at any time and rehook them, without taking off pants nor anything else.  Wonder why I did not go to suspenders decades ago.  They are much more comfortable for hiking and also make my clothes warmer in winter because they don't bind nor compress insulation loft.   

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
Suspenders have the buckles and braces have the buttons. If you can have the buttons put in, they are the best. The buckles will eventually rip your pants where you attach them. And, they'll come unbuckled. No such problem with the braces. Don't buy suspenders at Walmart. At least the camo ones suck and don't hold. The ones I've purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse have lasted me years.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Oldguy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:45:44 AM »
I live in Lynden and I too have a pair of suspenders from Dave's Sport Shop. They are "Perry" brand, made in the  USA. Easy to put on and work well when using bathroom facilities since you don't have to remove any upper clothing do your thing.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 12:12:28 PM »
I live in Lynden and I too have a pair of suspenders from Dave's Sport Shop. They are "Perry" brand, made in the  USA. Easy to put on and work well when using bathroom facilities since you don't have to remove any upper clothing do your thing.

Any chance you can google these and post a picture? There seem to be a lot of Perry's suspenders in different styles on the market. Thanks.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »
I think the link below will show the "perry hook" or belt clip well enough to let you know how it works.  On mine the back hook has two "fingers" on it that fit on each side of a center back belt loop and keep the suspender hook from sliding one way or the other. 

http://www.suspenderstore.com/besu.html

I like the wide ones. 

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 01:43:36 PM »
Perfect! Thank you. So these attach to your belt instead of your pants? And just to make sure, the 2" wide is for a 2" wide belt, correct? Thanks again.

Offline Okanagan

• Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »
Perfect! Thank you. So these attach to your belt instead of your pants? And just to make sure, the 2" wide is for a 2" wide belt, correct? Thanks again.

The 2" wide is how wide the suspender is.  These suspenders come in 1 1/2 inch wide and 2" wide.  I like the wider 2" ones so if I put extra ammunition in my pocket, the suspenders still hold pants up.  I pick blackberries with a small pull saw and pruner on my belt or in my pockets and the suspenders hold them up fine.

Belt width can vary but a fairly stiff belt at least an inch wide seems to work better and not flip up, though I suppose a piece of parachute cord would work. The belt clip is open on the top so as long as the clip slips over the lower edge of the belt, it doesn't matter how wide the belt. 

Offline AWS

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
I wear suspenders,braces/galuses or what ever you want to call them everyday for the past 50 yrs.  Clip on ones are useless, slipping off when you really need them.  Button ones never fail, I have buttons on everything from my tux to my wader liners.  Best of all are ones with scissor clips, that clip to the belt loops on your jeans one on each side of the fly and one in the middle of the back, they never fail. I usually buy the Nacona brand.

http://www.suspenderstore.com/basketweave-leather-suspenders-and-galluses.html
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline HighlandLofts

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: WAC,
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 07:06:55 PM »
I use Perry suspenders, the ones I use has clips that go on to your belt. Been useing them for a few years now. They come in a lot of different colors and are comfortable to wear.
After I get them adjusted to my comfort I sew the strapping so they can't move.
I pocket carry and it holds my pants up where they belong. They run about $15 on E-Bay some places have free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1312.R1.TR11.TRC2.A0.H1.Xperry.TRS1&_nkw=perry+suspenders&_sacat=0
WAC
NRA
Walk Light, Carry A Big Stick, Never Walk Away. - Teddy Roosevelt
Don't Take Your Guns To Town.   Johnny Cash

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 09:22:15 AM »
I just got mine yesterday. I like 'em! Thanks for the recommendations on the Perrys. :tup:

Offline fisheral87

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/home.php
  • Groups: WSCPA, BHA
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »
Another option for those who come across this thread.

http://www.firstlite.com/suspenders.html

Al
"Luck is a dividend of sweat, the more you sweat the luckier you get." - Ray Kroc

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 02:00:22 PM »
I used to wear some I got issued in the Air Force.  They had 2 hooks, one on each side that hooked to your belt loop on your sides.  Loved those suspenders!!  They were the M-1950 Army O.D. Suspenders.

http://www.armynavysales.com/products/field-pant-suspenders-/#itemAdded
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter