collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: H-W POLICY: Tribal Hunting & Fishing Topics  (Read 20004 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
H-W POLICY: Tribal Hunting & Fishing Topics
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:54:42 AM »
Tribal hunting and fishing accounts for a substantial percentage of the hunting and fishing that occurs in Washington and many other states. There is a great deal of controversy and hard feelings regarding what percentage of the resources each side thinks they should receive. The fact is that the agencies and courts decide these percentages. Hunters and fishers on either side of the issue understandably hunt and fish as much as they are allowed by the agencies and courts which are in control. The individual hunters and fishers don't determine who gets what percentage so it makes little sense to blame each other for the decisions made by the courts and agencies.

Because these are hunting and fishing issues discussion should be allowed on a hunting and outdoors forum, but any trash talk or instigating from either side of the conversation will no longer be allowed. If you comment in a tribal topic you must follow the same rules as all other topics or face the consequences. Members on both side of the issue deserve equal respect!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
Re: H-W POLICY: Tribal Hunting & Fishing Topics
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »
Yes!

I think this is a great move.  Thank you, Bearpaw.

(However, please do have a civil conversation, with facts.  We could all stand to learn more, nobody knows everything.)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Online b0bbyg

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »
 :tup:
In God we trust, all others bring cash.

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
Ecclesiastes 7 10

Offline Practical Approach

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »
Well said.  Thanks for the reminder.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:39:53 AM »
Good move Dale.

You are right the courts set the quotas.

I do think though that some tribal individuals go just a little over board in some respects.( running a net completely across a water way or several nets and the wastage of unwanted fish)

These I view as personal decisions by individuals and should be fair game for complaint. If the individual really cared about the resource they wouldn't do it.  :twocents:
Of coarse their is poor decisions on both sides. 
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:43:09 AM »
Good move Dale.

I do think though that some tribal individuals go just a little over board in some respects.( running a net completely across a water way or several nets and the wastage of unwanted fish)

These I view as personal decisions by individuals and should be fair game for complaint. If the individual really cared about the resource they wouldn't do it.  :twocents:

Thanks for your comments. We're not trying to stop discussion from happening, we simply want to keep it civil and prevent the posts that cause those topics to escalate to the point they are disgusting to most people.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 11:59:42 AM »
Good move Dale.

This is the type of discussions i support. Individuals are responsible for their actions, not an entire group/race/nation.

If the individual is to blame then blame them and vent, just don't expand on the vent and include others that had nothing to do with the individual in question.. :tup:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »
Tribal hunting and fishing accounts for a substantial percentage of the hunting and fishing that occurs in Washington and many other states. There is a great deal of controversy and hard feelings regarding what percentage of the resources each side thinks they should receive. The fact is that the agencies and courts decide these percentages. Hunters and fishers on either side of the issue understandably hunt and fish as much as they are allowed by the agencies and courts which are in control. The individual hunters and fishers don't determine who gets what percentage so it makes little sense to blame each other for the decisions made by the courts and agencies.

Because these are hunting and fishing issues discussion should be allowed on a hunting and outdoors forum, but any trash talk or instigating from either side of the conversation will no longer be allowed. If you comment in a tribal topic you must follow the same rules as all other topics or face the consequences. Members on both side of the issue deserve equal respect!

Too late. 

I spent the last week w/Colville Tribal members who are avid sportsmen and some of whom have been instrumental in what really and truly amounts to a paradigm shift in the way a LOT of Tribal members a) see these issues and b) interact with non_Tribal members and c) develop and pursue what is commonly referred to as a "Sporting ethic." 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here... who in their right mind could blame them? 

And if you want to see for yourself what I am talking about just go here and take a look at just one example:
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,200874.0.html

If ya' want to know what the mods objected to and demanded that I cease, it was recognizing out and out bigotry and labeling those responsible for spreading it "bigots."  Calling someone a "poopy head" is name calling, labeling someone who engages in personal attacks on another based on that person's race or ethnicity with the apropriate term is not name calling. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:16:21 PM by JDHasty »

Online Woodchuck

• GO TEAM!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Explorer
  • HuntWA Woodblock
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:49 PM »
That's the way it is. When a group wastes and takes advantage of the situation you are going to have others that dislike the favoritism.
Therein lies the issue. You are blaming all in a group for the actions of some. That's not right and what we are not gonna let happen here.
Antlered rabbit tastes like chicken

Inuendo, wasn't he an Italian proctoligist?

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:12:08 PM »
And this is not the thread tp rehash drama.

Offline bracer40

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »

Thanks Dale!
“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »

Too late. 

I spent the last week w/Colville Tribal members who are avid sportsmen and some of whom have been instrumental in what really and truly amounts to a paradigm shift in the way a LOT of Tribal members a) see these issues and b) interact with non_Tribal members and c) develop and pursue what is commonly referred to as a "Sporting ethic." 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here who in their right mind could blame them? 

And if you want to see for yourself what I am talking about just go here and take a look at just one example:

FYI: I have friends who live on the Colville and Spokane Reservations and other enrolled tribal friends who live off the reservation. I know other members of this forum have tribal friends too, please don't try to paint every H-W member as hating the tribes! If I misunderstood your innuendo I apologize, but I thought it sounded that way.

For everyone, we have tightened the rules and expect all members to comply starting yesterday and moving forward. We want to avoid bringing up old heated topics and forum or member bashing, but we want to allow civil discussion, so please stop and think. We can't change or take back what some members on either side may have said in the past, it was said, I'm sorry it happened, but to have positive change we must acknowledge mistakes were made, bad things were said, and and move forward in the most positive and civil way possible.

Everyone is never going to agree, I get that, but PLEASE, let's all concentrate on making positive changes and encouraging respectful comments and discussion moving forward. Anyone who wishes to participate in a respectful manner is welcome.

THANKS,

Dale Denney
Forum Owner

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »

Too late. 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here... who in their right mind could blame them? 

If ya' want to know what the mods objected to and demanded that I cease, it was recognizing out and out bigotry and labeling those responsible for spreading it "bigots."  Calling someone a "poopy head" is name calling, labeling someone who engages in personal attacks on another based on that person's race or ethnicity with the apropriate term is not name calling. 

Moving forward, the post from Dale is the way it is here on Hunt Wa. It may be too late for some...but moving forward here on our forum, it is what it is. It's not up for discussion. He's telling you how it's going to go.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jmscon

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
  • RMEF BHA TRCP
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »

Thanks Bearpaw!  :tup:
My interpretation of the rules are open to interpretation.
Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »

Too late. 

They want nothing more to do with this site, and given how they have been personally attacked, slandered and otherwise abused here who in their right mind could blame them? 

FYI: I have friends who live on the Colville and Spokane Reservations and other enrolled tribal friends who live off the reservation. I know other members of this forum have tribal friends too, please don't try to paint every H-W member as hating the tribes! If I misunderstood your innuendo I apologize, but I thought it sounded that way.

For everyone, we have tightened the rules and expect all members to comply starting yesterday and moving forward. We want to avoid bringing up old heated topics and forum or member bashing, but we want to allow civil discussion, so please stop and think. We can't change or take back what some members on either side may have said in the past, it was said, I'm sorry it happened, but to have positive change we must acknowledge mistakes were made, bad things were said, and and move forward in the most positive and civil way possible.

Everyone is never going to agree, I get that, but PLEASE, let's all concentrate on making positive changes and encouraging respectful comments and discussion moving forward. Anyone who wishes to participate in a respectful manner is welcome.

THANKS,

Dale Denney
Forum Owner

It is a LONG way from being "every H-W member," it is a small minority.

The issue I have and the issue that Tribal members have is that the behavior has been tolerated by certain mods and allowed to go on when those engaging in it were allowed to continue IMHO should have been told to either clean up their act or vamoose just as soon as it got started. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]