collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cowiche unit  (Read 24849 times)

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Cowiche unit
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2016, 04:59:23 PM »
Way to resurrect a 3 year old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this sounded familiar when I started in on this thread! :chuckle:next time check the dates
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Joe Rothrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2016, 09:44:19 PM »
      When I got my $149.00 trespassing ticket (not $5000.00) on Cowichee Mill Rd the charges were quickly dismissed. My lawyer had an old DNR map that clearly showed the road to be a green dot system road going right threw the private section. My question is why has DNR allowed these people to gate what appears to be a public easement. I also heard a rumor that someone on an ATV died when they ran into one of these gates. The family members of the victim should have received millions of dollars in settlement. Maybe they did, I don't know. We all know the guy who put up the gate (probably to hide something) most likely doesn't have millions, therefore the lawyers should have gone after the DNR. Their bank account is bigger.
       With timber company leases, wild olympics campaign, and discover pass fees we the sportsmen and women are paying too much for way to little. I don't even hunt near the area this thread is about, but I'm willing to help the cause. Wouldn't it be great to get 100 guys to chip in $100.00 dollars each and sick a couple of hungry lawyers onto the Yakima county commissioners or DNR and hold their feet to the fire on the subject. I think it would be better than bickering with individual land owners. Just an idea!

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2016, 05:51:29 AM »
      When I got my $149.00 trespassing ticket (not $5000.00) on Cowichee Mill Rd the charges were quickly dismissed. My lawyer had an old DNR map that clearly showed the road to be a green dot system road going right threw the private section. My question is why has DNR allowed these people to gate what appears to be a public easement. I also heard a rumor that someone on an ATV died when they ran into one of these gates. The family members of the victim should have received millions of dollars in settlement. Maybe they did, I don't know. We all know the guy who put up the gate (probably to hide something) most likely doesn't have millions, therefore the lawyers should have gone after the DNR. Their bank account is bigger.
       With timber company leases, wild olympics campaign, and discover pass fees we the sportsmen and women are paying too much for way to little. I don't even hunt near the area this thread is about, but I'm willing to help the cause. Wouldn't it be great to get 100 guys to chip in $100.00 dollars each and sick a couple of hungry lawyers onto the Yakima county commissioners or DNR and hold their feet to the fire on the subject. I think it would be better than bickering with individual land owners. Just an idea!

I believe person on atv was one of the people who helped put up gate actually kind of ironic , there's a lot that has gone on in the unit that's hard to understand why they these people do it

Offline BoogerTee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:11 PM »
Anybody heard anything new on the Cowiche Mill Rd access to Reynolds Creek?  Is the landowner(s) going to allow entry thru their property or not.  Drove up there over the weekend. Went all the way to the end. Just wondering. Been hunting up there for 15 years, would sure like to get back up there.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]