collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leftover multi season deer permits-are there any and when?  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Leftover multi season deer permits-are there any and when?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 06:12:28 AM »
2,000 left still. Why don't they just make these an over the counter thing? I understand the obvious reason, they would lose the application fees. Is there any other reason to not make these OTC?
Not sure. With 8,500 being given out, and it not being 100% draw, I'd still be amazed if 10k people were applying. Even if there were, that is only a $71k hit which is "dust" in comparison to the rest of their budget. I suppose when you have that large of a deficit, you may cling to every last penny.  :twocents:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 07:46:13 AM »
My guess is they now have a market of archery guys that didn't fill tags that are worried about late season hunts thinking about purchasing this now so they can get a few more weekends in the woods.

It still seems like they could make it an over the counter thing and get the money up front.  What they made in application fees doesn't cover the deficit of not selling all the permits.

I am of course being selfish. The last two years my kid didn't get drawn so we had to buy a general tag and only put in for certain draws.  Then we bought the multitag when the leftovers came out but that was after the permit drawings so she missed out on lots of options the past two years.

If they were just over the counter first come first serve she could have put in for different permits.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 11:27:44 AM »
Based on the fact that there is still 2k remaining, my guess is that they wouldn't be able to sell 8,500 of them even if they were OTC before the draw (maybe I'm wrong), so then they would be out the unsold permit money and the $71k in application fees. The deficit I was referring to was just their overall budget deficit they are trying to fill. I do agree with you though as far as just making the deer OTC. I didn't get drawn for deer or elk this year, and I now have 8 points for the elk.  :bash:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal