collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bow suggestions for an old guy  (Read 1525 times)

Offline AWS

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Bow suggestions for an old guy
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »
I'm kind of looking for a bow for a spacific purpose, hunting called coyotes.  I hunted deer and small game with a bow from 1956 until 1972(staight and recurves) and for a short time in the late 1970's with a compound.  I have no interest in hunting big game again but am an avid coyote hunter/caller and have many shots under 20 yards each season and would love to hunt them with a bow.  Right now I shoot a 45# recurve for bowfishing and am thinking that a 45# compound would be a good sellection as the range is short and prey is much smaller than  a deer plus and my  time in life it would allow me to pull and hold the bow at the ready for an extended period of time while the coyote aproaches into range.

Here's the kicker, I don't want to spend allot to experiment with and am thinking used and more than likely a youth or ladies right hand bow as my draw length with the recurve is  26-27"(i shoot youth stocks on my rifles and shotguns)

Any suggestions on what older bow to look for.
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline Seahawk12

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Bow suggestions for an old guy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:54:09 AM »
Check out the diamond infinite edge.
They can be adjusted a crazy amount and you should be able to find a used one for fairly cheap. Brand new you can get them for around $300 on sale.
Best of luck to you.
"I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes."
William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
They can be adjusted a crazy amount and you should be able to find a used one for fairly cheap. Brand new you can get them for around $300 on sale.
Best of luck to you.
Yup.
And lot of them used in great condition.
With light arrows, you could easily shoot 45lb and kill yotes.
I have some 500 spline arrows and 85gr Montec broadheads.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline branches

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:32:56 AM »
Best of luck to you.
One of my daughters has this bow and it is light and short. You can shoot from a sitting position with this bow without hitting the lower limb on the ground. If I was smart I would elk hunt with this bow.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal