collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tight Lines Fishing Guide Service  (Read 2092 times)

Offline SI Eagle

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Hunter
Tight Lines Fishing Guide Service
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:04:59 PM »
I was thinking of booking a guided trip for the Tillamook Bay Area w/ my daughter and heard Tom Lines of Tight line guide service would be great. Don't know much about guided fishing but would like to hear some reviews if anyone is familiar? Thanks in advance.

Offline SeatoSummit88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Tight Lines Fishing Guide Service
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »
I fished a while back down at Tillamook! A while back, like 8 years or so! It was absolutely amazing. I booked guided trip with my friend, believe the guides name was Bob.  I can't find his site anymore, he may be retired.  It was a long day, lots of boats.  Tillamook is crazy, the deepest part where most people mooched was around 20 feet.  We were trolling huge spoons in about 5 feet of water and caught my 32.5 pounder about 25 minutes into the troll.  My buddy got a 29 pounder mooching herring.  I think we paid like 160-200 each.  It is a great place to catch big Kings. 

PS! Do not speed!  Do not sneeze! Do not do anything wrong...lol  I rolled into Tillamook around 3am, so we could crash in the car before we left around 630 or so.  It was so foggy that we could not see past about 40 feet in front of the rig. I accidentally rolled through a stop sign, saw it at the last minute, backed up and did a proper stop, then went through it again.  20 seconds later, red and blue lights.  Showing the officer my out of state license and describing the foggy driving conditions did not get me any sympathy.  A $115 fine and a wonderful explanation from the police officer, and I literally quote, him: "You work correct?" me: "yes, I have a job". him: "well you have a boss you answer to, and I have the same. If I don't preform, I will get fired." me: "so excusing an out of state driver for a mistaken moving violation will get you fired?" him: "unfortunately, our department is very strict, sorry there is nothing we can do here."  me: "well that sucks." I wrote a long letter to the court and the ***holes reduced it to $75.00.  They are money hungry there! FYI! You will get pulled over for something that could be absolutely nonsense. 

Good luck on your fishing adventure though!  Its a fun fishery!
If I'm not selling, I should be hunting, If I'm not hunting, I should quit!

Offline Thenewguy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Not the newest new guy
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:25:47 AM »
They say a 50 lber is caught there every year. Seems worth it to me

Offline Brute

• Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:15:56 AM »
I fished a while back down at Tillamook! A while back, like 8 years or so! It was absolutely amazing. I booked guided trip with my friend, believe the guides name was Bob.  I can't find his site anymore, he may be retired.  It was a long day, lots of boats.  Tillamook is crazy, the deepest part where most people mooched was around 20 feet.  We were trolling huge spoons in about 5 feet of water and caught my 32.5 pounder about 25 minutes into the troll.  My buddy got a 29 pounder mooching herring.  I think we paid like 160-200 each.  It is a great place to catch big Kings. 

PS! Do not speed!  Do not sneeze! Do not do anything wrong...lol  I rolled into Tillamook around 3am, so we could crash in the car before we left around 630 or so.  It was so foggy that we could not see past about 40 feet in front of the rig. I accidentally rolled through a stop sign, saw it at the last minute, backed up and did a proper stop, then went through it again.  20 seconds later, red and blue lights.  Showing the officer my out of state license and describing the foggy driving conditions did not get me any sympathy.  A $115 fine and a wonderful explanation from the police officer, and I literally quote, him: "You work correct?" me: "yes, I have a job". him: "well you have a boss you answer to, and I have the same. If I don't preform, I will get fired." me: "so excusing an out of state driver for a mistaken moving violation will get you fired?" him: "unfortunately, our department is very strict, sorry there is nothing we can do here."  me: "well that sucks." I wrote a long letter to the court and the ***holes reduced it to $75.00.  They are money hungry there! FYI! You will get pulled over for something that could be absolutely nonsense. 

Good luck on your fishing adventure though!  Its a fun fishery!

There is a old saying...... Go to Tillamook on Vacation come Home on Probation....   :sry:

Offline mp.hunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:23:17 AM »
I know many people that fish with Tom, he is a great guy and great fisherman, you can't go wrong with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »
If I'm thinking of the right person he used to also be a chef at Mayfield lake village. Had probably my best prime rib ever there.  And the veggies were almost as good as the prime rib!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal