collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu Outlet items - What's the difference?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Kuiu Outlet items - What's the difference?
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:14:28 PM »
Howdy folks,

I'm wondering about the Kuiu "Outlet" items that are on the Kuiu website.

The Chugach NS Rain Pants available as an Outlet item, for $60 less than the same pants available on the regular site.  The Outlet pants are described as "First Quality Overstock". 

My question is:  What is the difference between the "Outlet" pants and the ones available on through regular purchase?

I'm aware that the Outlet items cannot be returned.  I wondering about the pants themsleves, not the terms of sale, etc. 

Does Kuiu change their camo pattern frequently?  The pants are in the Verde pattern, and the pattern on the Outlet looks slightly different than the Verde pattern through regular sale.

I'm going to contact Kuiu tomorrow, but though I'd throw this out tonight, maybe learn a bit. 

While I appreciate everyone's opinion on products, I've done as much research as I can and have decided on Kuiu. 

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: Kuiu Outlet items - What's the difference?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »
They may be the old verde pattern or last years model etc... I buy a bunch of my stuff off the outlet.

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »
And more about your question. KUIU has updated the verde pattern once since it came out. I have some of both verde patterns and wearing them together you don't really notice the difference.

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:40:29 PM »
Thanks Joe!   :tup:

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
Could be a change in pattern or a slight manufacturing defect

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 09:45:27 AM »
It used to be stuff from shows, or things that had a slight manufacturing defect, something like a pen mark near a hem. Now is seems that most of it is probably stuff that didn't sell so well, like odd sizes, older patterns/designs, or less popular colors. I've gotten loads of stuff from them, from the normal site and the outlet. Only problem I ever came across was on an original Icon 6000 from the outlet. It was from a trade show and when I went to pull one of the drawstrings for the top it just came out. It looked like a manufacturing defect. The end of the drawstring was melted like it had been cut w a hot knife. Kuiu made it right though.

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:48 PM »
It used to be stuff from shows, or things that had a slight manufacturing defect, something like a pen mark near a hem. Now is seems that most of it is probably stuff that didn't sell so well, like odd sizes, older patterns/designs, or less popular colors. I've gotten loads of stuff from them, from the normal site and the outlet. Only problem I ever came across was on an original Icon 6000 from the outlet. It was from a trade show and when I went to pull one of the drawstrings for the top it just came out. It looked like a manufacturing defect. The end of the drawstring was melted like it had been cut w a hot knife. Kuiu made it right though.

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
Howdy folks,

I'm wondering about the Kuiu "Outlet" items that are on the Kuiu website.

The Chugach NS Rain Pants available as an Outlet item, for $60 less than the same pants available on the regular site.  The Outlet pants are described as "First Quality Overstock". 

My question is:  What is the difference between the "Outlet" pants and the ones available on through regular purchase?

I'm aware that the Outlet items cannot be returned.  I wondering about the pants themsleves, not the terms of sale, etc. 

Does Kuiu change their camo pattern frequently?  The pants are in the Verde pattern, and the pattern on the Outlet looks slightly different than the Verde pattern through regular sale.

I'm going to contact Kuiu tomorrow, but though I'd throw this out tonight, maybe learn a bit. 

While I appreciate everyone's opinion on products, I've done as much research as I can and have decided on Kuiu. 

Thanks for your help!

Dave

One of the other things about the outlet items is they do not have the KUIU warranty. They are often first stock items, over-runs, etc... Basically, if you don't think you'll ever use their warranty, buy away....I'm a person who is ok with that as far as shirts/pants, but not the packs or other items that are susceptible to manufacture defects.
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »

One of the other things about the outlet items is they do not have the KUIU warranty. They are often first stock items, over-runs, etc... Basically, if you don't think you'll ever use their warranty, buy away....I'm a person who is ok with that as far as shirts/pants, but not the packs or other items that are susceptible to manufacture defects.
[/quote]

Thanks GU, but what are "first stock" items.  The pants I'm interested in are "First Quality Overstock", which I take to mean they are items that are of the quality to be sold on the regular site, but were "over" produced in number? 

I'm probably going to order the Chugach rain jacket from the regular website first, and if it fits (I'm past my "athletic stature" days a bit!) I'll consider the Chugach rain pants from the Outlet.  I think the savings is $70 or so. 

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

Dave

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:27:43 AM »
You'll love the Chugach. Nothing wrong with any of the outlet products as been said they're just overstocks or things that didn't sell and are clearing them out
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline GUscottie

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 06:05:11 AM »

Thanks GU, but what are "first stock" items.  The pants I'm interested in are "First Quality Overstock", which I take to mean they are items that are of the quality to be sold on the regular site, but were "over" produced in number? 

I'm probably going to order the Chugach rain jacket from the regular website first, and if it fits (I'm past my "athletic stature" days a bit!) I'll consider the Chugach rain pants from the Outlet.  I think the savings is $70 or so. 

Thanks to everyone for your responses!

Dave
[/quote]

The rain jacket will likely be as good of quality as the same one from the "normal" store. The difference, it's overstock/over-run and will be "cheaper", and not have the warranty. That's what I have come to learn is the difference with KUIU.

**Other places are much more scheisty than this and will make the outlet items inferior quality or different, but not with KUIU and First Lite (I know you weren't talking about them).
Wishing I was fishing...or in Wyoming

Offline DaveMonti

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »
Thanks everyone!

I did send an e-mail off to Kuiu and they replied.  The Chugach rain pants available through the outlet are the exact same as the pants that are available through the regular retail site, BUT they changed the Verde pattern a bit this year.  The "old" Verde pattern stuff is available through the outlet. 

Thanks again for your replies!

Dave

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]