collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kapowsin  (Read 4189 times)

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
Kapowsin
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:19:36 PM »
I've had my doubts about wolves in Kapowsin but after having this goat show up on a camera quite a few miles from the park I guess anything is possible.

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
Re: Kapowsin
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »
Very cool! I saw a nanny and kid in the road on the 24 road this past winter. I had heard rumors before as well, but didnt completely believe it until I saw it!

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
Holy cow, that's an awesome find.  I'm assuming closer to the Clearwater lol

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »
These 2 came off the same camera .

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
Nice :tup:
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline Thehowler

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
I'm sure if you share that goat photo with Hancock, they would probably add that to there website photos.
That's real cool! :tup:
MAGA, Never give up.

Offline Romulus

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
I have seen a handful of goats in there over the years...One winter there were 2 goats on the 62 road when it was timbered...and closer to the 6 road than the 5....would not have believed they would be that low if I did not see them

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
That's a cool bob photo. Must of had the cam super low?  :dunno:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline Crunchy

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 10:24:24 PM »
Friend got a trail cam pic of probably that same collared cougar off the mainline bridge gate side mile __.  One thing I would wish is that they would allow us to predator hunt at night.  Lots of bobcat and coyotes.  Probably cougar as well just don't see them often at all.

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 04:53:32 AM »
That's a cool bob photo. Must of had the cam super low?  :dunno:

Yes , it's fairly low pointing down into that spot . This last spring we found a spot that looked like it may be a marking spot for cats . We put in the camera and got 3 cats . One cougar and 2 bobcats . I think we have about a 10 videos of the cougar coming in .

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 05:01:31 AM »
Friend got a trail cam pic of probably that same collared cougar off the mainline bridge gate side mile __.  One thing I would wish is that they would allow us to predator hunt at night.  Lots of bobcat and coyotes.  Probably cougar as well just don't see them often at all.

This cougar was collard Jan. 2016 south of the Greenwater fire station by the Muckleshoot tribe . The bio figured he was 2 1/2 years old when they collard him . I'm with you on the night hunting , lots of predators .

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 06:15:04 AM »

This cougar was collard Jan. 2016 south of the Greenwater fire station by the Muckleshoot tribe . The bio figured he was 2 1/2 years old when they collard him . I'm with you on the night hunting , lots of predators .
If this is true, did the natives transplant the cat in a different location or did it just make its way over to kapowsin?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline justyhntr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 06:34:23 AM »

If this is true, did the natives transplant the cat in a different location or did it just make its way over to kapowsin?

They didn't transplant it , when they collard it the bio felt it was a young male looking for it's own territory , I guess he found it in Kapowsin . The collar failed with-in the first month so they lost track of this cats location pretty quick . After talking to the Muckleshoot bio a couple times it would be nice if the WDFW would take the same approach to predator management as the tribe .

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 07:01:19 AM »

They didn't transplant it , when they collard it the bio felt it was a young male looking for it's own territory , I guess he found it in Kapowsin . The collar failed with-in the first month so they lost track of this cats location pretty quick . After talking to the Muckleshoot bio a couple times it would be nice if the WDFW would take the same approach to predator management as the tribe .
Thanks for the info, I was curious.  Predator management would have been to kill that cat!!  :chuckle:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 07:08:24 AM »

The top predator of ungulates in that area has two legs and has almost exclusive hunting rights. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]