collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spotted over the weekend Near Conconully...  (Read 34087 times)

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Spotted over the weekend Near Conconully...
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »
Have seen a Sow with 2 cubs in 121

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part?
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
I'm into grizzly almost every fall Double.  Ive had encounters since back in the 80s.  I've almost had my you know what handed to me.   I think it's awesome you posted that pic.  I haven't seen any right there in that hood.  I've seen them working near starvation, so it's not a wild step.    You have nothing to prove.  I've had arguements like this since middle school.   Someone thought I hadn't seen a blacktail in the valley.    Then it was  a moose, then it was a wolf, then a Lynx. Even had a bighorn walk across my Dads horse pasture.    This year it was a Fisher.  Point is, wild animals get around.  Spend some time in big country and you will see all sorts of stuff.  Then everyone wants you to get on the horn to the WDFW.  Why?  Most of the time they won't believe you and I can't say I blame them.  They have yahooooo after yahooooo that don't know ....... from ...........  reporting.   If they do research it, the next thing you know you have the area shutdown.   I'll never forget sitting in my dads living room watching a pack of wolves on the hill. The biologist called.  (Coincidence) He had never even seen one before.  Lol. Imagine his surprise, "watching 5 or six of them on the hill right now".   How can you study an animal you have never seen..... The next day there were about seven guys cross country skiing on the hill.   I'm sure it's easy to sneak up on a wolf with seven guys.   They chaulked it up to a coyote.  Those pics ended up in a magazine article.    Rant almost over.   Cool photo. 

Don't drink the koolaide people.  Because they say they aren't here. Roflmao! Or that they want to introduce them.  They are here where it will support them.  Now with the big fires, it may support more of them.  We shall see.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2017, 10:22:04 AM »
Well said

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
I'm into grizzly almost every fall Double.  Ive had encounters since back in the 80s.  I've almost had my you know what handed to me.   I think it's awesome you posted that pic.  I haven't seen any right there in that hood.  I've seen them working near starvation, so it's not a wild step.    You have nothing to prove.  I've had arguements like this since middle school.   Someone thought I hadn't seen a blacktail in the valley.    Then it was  a moose, then it was a wolf, then a Lynx. Even had a bighorn walk across my Dads horse pasture.    This year it was a Fisher.  Point is, wild animals get around.  Spend some time in big country and you will see all sorts of stuff.  Then everyone wants you to get on the horn to the WDFW.  Why?  Most of the time they won't believe you and I can't say I blame them.  They have yahooooo after yahooooo that don't know ....... from ...........  reporting.   If they do research it, the next thing you know you have the area shutdown.   I'll never forget sitting in my dads living room watching a pack of wolves on the hill. The biologist called.  (Coincidence) He had never even seen one before.  Lol. Imagine his surprise, "watching 5 or six of them on the hill right now".   How can you study an animal you have never seen..... The next day there were about seven guys cross country skiing on the hill.   I'm sure it's easy to sneak up on a wolf with seven guys.   They chaulked it up to a coyote.  Those pics ended up in a magazine article.    Rant almost over.   Cool photo. 

Don't drink the koolaide people.  Because they say they aren't here. Roflmao! Or that they want to introduce them.  They are here where it will support them.  Now with the big fires, it may support more of them.  We shall see.

Thanks for the reality check Bone

Offline sooperfly

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: sooperfly
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Ok.. I bit.   :)  I was up in the area last weekend so I took a little detour Sunday evening and drove up to the coordinates.  (yikes that road sucks! Low clearance vehicles need not apply!)

Currently the grass and weeds everywhere I went before and after the coordinates is leaps and bounds taller than in this picture.  I was surprised on how much was still green, but nowhere in the area was the grass this short.  No buttercups ( or whatever the yellow flowers are) were visible any where.   

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2017, 01:27:41 PM »

Check out what my buddy saw this weekend...

And where, 'zactly was this? Or do you know?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline sooperfly

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
And where, 'zactly was this? Or do you know?

A screen shot near buzzard lake and the GPS coordinates were posted by him earlier in the thread.......

Offline sooperfly

• Past Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »
Here's a pic I took from near the coordinates given earlier in the thread.
Sunday 9-10-17  not quite 7 pm.

Offline Guy

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »
Very cool. I like bears, including grizzlies.

Cool to watch. Cool to hunt. Shot an arctic grizzly earlier this year, in Alaska.

The grizz has always been around, I suspect. Not in big numbers here, not for a long time, but they've been around.

Guy

Offline Ddouble

• Business Sponsor
  • Scout
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2017, 05:35:38 PM »
I've put the Biologist in touch with the original photographer. I put an estimate area guessed on what was relayed to me. They are meeting him to point it out.

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2017, 06:01:04 PM »
I thought we were not doing this any more? This whole grass is too green tree is too tall where is your proof garbage.  This thread is really a test of our new huntwa and it's still sketchy if you ask me.

I am however happy you shared the pics pretty cool to see WA griz period.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2017, 06:04:47 PM »
I spent all day in okanagan county yesterday up high, low, and mid elevation saw plenty of green grass.  ;)

Now deer not so much, but hey saw lots of really cool wolf tracks. >:( :o
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »
I thought we were not doing this any more? This whole grass is too green tree is too tall where is your proof garbage.  This thread is really a test of our new huntwa and it's still sketchy if you ask me.

I am however happy you shared the pics pretty cool to see WA griz period.

We've removed a good deal of negative posts and I asked the OP if he would like me to remove more posts, we are definitely on it!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline WARHORSE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:41 PM »
I've put the Biologist in touch with the original photographer. I put an estimate area guessed on what was relayed to me. They are meeting him to point it out.

And?????   I know what they told me after looking at the coards. But i cant post it here cuz it will get deleated.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]