collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lock up your stuff guys  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Don_D

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • NA
  • Groups: NRA
Lock up your stuff guys
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
Went up to put some cams out yesterday in a new spot I want to hunt the general this year and visit a friend who pulled an any bull tag in 346.

Anyway, we pulled up said our hello's and he noticed that his genny was gone from in front of his camper. Someone came along during the morning hunt with his wife inside and took off with it. First time in 25 years of hunting that unit he had something go missing.

We all know thieves are running around out there so just a friendly reminder. Lock your stuff up.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Re: Lock up your stuff guys
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »
Sad

But true. We have never had anything taken but we do take percations.

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
The tweakers do that every fall in the 346. He isn't the first and won't be the last to get one stolen.

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »
someone needs to bait them in and dispose of them. I hate thieves

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »
I agree.   I hate thieves

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:33:11 AM »
New camp rule:  everybody who stays in camp has to spend one shift in the camp treestand on overwatch.
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 12:12:38 PM »
I hunt from a camper, and everything on the exterior  is locked down - front hitch bike rack and rear hitch cargo racks are locked with receiver pin locks; Bike ( including tires), game cart and bow target are all cabled and padlocked or cable locked on. 

I also place an obvious trail camera one of the camper jacks and cable lock it off as well.  Additionally, I have multiple cameras with bear boxes that get placed on nearby trees to capture anyone walking around the camper and any vehicle that pulls up to it or near it.  I have an afermarket alarm on the truck and stickers on the side windows and camper stating it.

I have never had an issue.  I hope I never do.  I try to make mine be the one they will pass on and instead go on to less intimidating targets. 

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:03:49 PM by Cylvertip »
May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
Violence is too kind of a solution for these maggots...
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline hunterofelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
What's a genny?  Do you mean generator?

Offline GreggHunts2hard4u

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 07:25:14 PM »
Cant trust no one these days. One year up in 328/329 we had a guy camped way in off the green dot with his truck and trailer a good half mile off any green dot roads next to his camp, we confronted him and warned that the wardens were ticketing for having rigs way off the roads, he was full of attitude like he was the boss saying we were doing the same thing even though we had already been checked and passed by the wardens. Anyway next day while we were out hunting we came back and noticed his camp gone and all 4 of my old man's tires were flat with all of the stems missing out of the valves. Never saw this man again but what a set of balls to do that with woods filled with guys with high powered rifles. My dad has also had tow hitches and even a plastuc bed liner stolen out if his truck in his +40yrs of hunting there.

Offline WapitiChaser

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 08:24:35 AM »
Good advice? They come with bolt cutters so chains and cables are practically worthless.   Our camp lost two Honda generators off the 19 road two years ago.  Chains cut,  both generators gone.  $2000 for the meth heads.  We have been using some cheap game cameras around camp hoping to catch them.  Probably the same guy/guys year after year until they are shot or caught. I posted a rant on this I. 2015.    Look out for each other and if you see a truck full of generators get the plate number!!
If hunting was easy, they'd call it killing....

Never judge a man til you walk a mile in his shoes.  That way when you do judge him, you will have a mile head start and he will have no shoes.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
I hunt from a camper, and everything on the exterior  is locked down - front hitch bike rack and rear hitch cargo racks are locked with receiver pin locks; Bike ( including tires), game cart and bow target are all cabled and padlocked or cable locked on. 

I also place an obvious trail camera one of the camper jacks and cable lock it off as well.  Additionally, I have multiple cameras with bear boxes that get placed on nearby trees I place to capture anyone walking around the camper and any vehicle that pulls up to it or near it.  I have an afermarket alarm on the truck and stickers on the side windows and camper stating it.

I have never had an issue.  I hope I never do.  I try to make mine be the one they will pass on and instead go on to less intimidating targets.

That's a good idea, I won't have much valuable in my camp, but I like what I have.

I have one game cam, any suggestions on a good lockable box that is affordable?  I also wonder if I could rig up a cheap antenna to make it look like one of the cams that sends pics over cell.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »
I found him!

Online emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 11:38:03 AM »

I also place an obvious trail camera one of the camper jacks and cable lock it off as well.  Additionally, I have multiple cameras with bear boxes that get placed on nearby trees I place to capture anyone walking around the camper and any vehicle that pulls up to it or near it.  I have an afermarket alarm on the truck and stickers on the side windows and camper stating it.

That's a good idea, I won't have much valuable in my camp, but I like what I have.

I have one game cam, any suggestions on a good lockable box that is affordable?  I also wonder if I could rig up a cheap antenna to make it look like one of the cams that sends pics over cell.
Go to camlockboxes.com they specifically make boxes for each cam they are like $35. I have a bunch and they work awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan