collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stolen - Day Pack and Gun Maitenance Bag  (Read 2246 times)

Offline IslandStorm62

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Stolen - Day Pack and Gun Maitenance Bag
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Hi All,
    Wish I had posted this back on October 10, 2017 when it happened.  Maybe someone might have seen something, as I noticed there are a few post for the Scatter Creek Wildlife Area.

Perps smashed my drivers side window and grabbed my day pack (fully loaded w/Prostaff 5 bino) and my gun "maintenance" bag, that included among other items two boxes of ammo (7mm WSM - hard to come by and expensive).  Altogether, $1K.  Funny thing is I never would have thought that my gear would add up to that much.  Not to mention the cost for repairing the window.

All items were in truck and covered with a gray wool blanket.  I usually have all my gear (daypack) and binos on me when hunting.  But figured, I was only going to take a quick peek / exploring the area for an hour or so :bash:, in and out. Never been here so didn't think nothing of it and parked at the gated entrance (this is a walk-in only area).  Gone maybe two hours.

You know America is a great country, but like all other countires...we have unsavory types and they tend to ruin our days.

Lesson learned - Parking outside a walk-in area is fine...as long as it is not by a main road in a secluded area (I guess); for those of you that hunt the scatter creek area this happened around Tilley road by the Quarry gate and the Wildlife area gate.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
Re: Stolen - Day Pack and Gun Maitenance Bag
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »
Go Tuffy lock box and never worry again.  :tup:

Offline Romulus1297

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Stolen - Day Pack and Gun Maitenance Bag
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:27 PM »
You should never run out of anything to reply on here. :)

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal