collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bump Stocks  (Read 21180 times)

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
Re: Bump Stocks
« Reply #120 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
Within the room is far fetched.  The guy running to the other room is even more far fetched.  50 yards down the building is not going to be that soft of a thud.  it would still be very loud.  The video evidence is undisputable and if questions aren't answered a lot more people will be watching alex jones and distrusting the feds. 

You are obviously convinced of this opinion, and you are entitled to be so.  I have seen so many conspiracy theories thrown about on this, and on other instances, by so-called experts using limited bodies of evidence, that I prefer to retain an open mind until all trustworthy evidence forecloses all but one or two reasonable explanations.  We are not there yet, not by a long shot.

That's a very level headed way to think about it. I am still in disbelief.

Don't believe the AR Bump stock at all.
I don't think that video is using the real audio from Las Vegas. The video from the taxi had much less consistent gunfire.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Figured you'd deny what's solid evidence.  The taxi clip is not used for overlay in this video. The shooting went on for minutes. This video only used a long volley of rounds to compare the rate of fire. The sound clip used is from the same video on the left of the screen. I knew when I first heard the gunfire it was a lmg and I knew there was two shooting locations hundreds of yards apart at least.  Loud gunfire then quiet gunfire hundreds of yards away.  If you believe the FBI when they tell you on shooter ar anything bump fire or not then your a sheep. But you've proven that time and again and I have little faith you'll ever try to be diplomatic on topics so your opinion has little weight.

You really think two shooters including a belt fed machine gun would have only killed 50-60 people in a crowd of 22,000? 11-12 minutes of shooting?

Nice first post!  Welcome to the site!  :tup:  I believe what I hear and see with my eyes from the undisputable video evidence...  Please provide something that disputes the proof that has been recorded by hundreds.  You really think that much killing was done with a AR-15 on some cheap $250.00 bump stock???  The rate of fire is way off.  The multiple gunshots going off at different distances is undisputable.  Please give me your analysis of what you hear and see in the above three videos...  I'm dying to hear this.  If youyr a paid troll to discredit theory's by conservatives like me, you have a big battle on your hands cause the videos have all been saved.

Thank you. I was a long term member before, I apparently forgot my password so just made a new account. I quit coming on here because of internet experts like you, but I still come on and lurk around hunting season to see how others are doing, this topic peaked my interest.

I've read plenty of threads with your hard headed comments, and don't need to get into any argument with you, I simply stated my opinion and stand by it. It is not far fetched to me, for a guy with several ARs equipped with bump fire stocks and stacks of 60 round mags to fire 600 rounds (only 10 mag changes) in the neighborhood of 11 minutes. A trained expert (like yourself) could have killed thousands; a scary thought.
Watch the video at the two spots I mentioned and tell me your opinion...  instead you don't even take the time to listen and tell me what you think is being heard.

Did you take the time to think about my question? :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »
Have some patience, please.

I listened now that you've narrowed it down. 

Few things.  Position of phone mic is changing during all relevant times, including inside and outside of car, while position of car is changing, changing sound path and environment.  That does not help clarity.

47 - 57 second burst is muffled and sounds like the echo in the first few seconds.  Could be firing from a recessed position within room and/or from location 1 or 2 in the adjoining suites more distant or with a longer or more tortured sound path.

Later 1:09 burst, obviously louder, could have been from the other of the two firing positions and/or less recessed from the room.

Inconclusive, IMO.

Is that louder report bullets striking or muzzle report, because it appears that the lower frequency report (the one that sounds like an echo in the first ten seconds) is delayed from and interspersed with the louder 1:09 sequence?

The "forensic acoustic analysis" guy kind of covers that.

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
Aspect of the shooter and any obstructions in the sound's path can really change up the sound as heard.  If you have had shots fired your way, it sounds louder than the shooter firing the opposite direction but from the same spot.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
And FWIW, rounds smacking pavement probaby sound a lot louder than rounds impacting a crowd of victims.  As time went on, crowds dispersed.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2017, 12:24:41 AM »
Aspect of the shooter and any obstructions in the sound's path can really change up the sound as heard.  If you have had shots fired your way, it sounds louder than the shooter firing the opposite direction but from the same spot.

Which was the point of my question that DIY seems to have chosen not to address.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »
I figured by my other replies you'd see that I don't believe the guy was running to and from rooms or around the room the guns were in. Was there even guns in the second room?  I haven't heard of shell casings or anything from the other room. 

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2017, 09:01:53 AM »
I haven't seen any pictures or accounts of the second room other than the door was locked when police arrived and they had to force their way in.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
I figured by my other replies you'd see that I don't believe the guy was running to and from rooms or around the room the guns were in. Was there even guns in the second room?  I haven't heard of shell casings or anything from the other room. 

0:47 seconds to 1:09 is 22 seconds.   A sprint is not exactly required to cover that ground in a 1,700 sqft. (combined) suite.  If he had designs to get the tanks to leak and/or cause an explosion/fire, or if the crowd started dispersing presenting less desirable targets, it would make sense to change positions.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:02 AM »

0:47 seconds to 1:09 is 22 seconds.   A sprint is not exactly required to cover that ground in a 1,700 sqft. (combined) suite.  If he had designs to get the tanks to leak and/or cause an explosion/fire, or if the crowd started dispersing presenting less desirable targets, it would make sense to change positions.

47-57 long distance fire is still going. Then at 1:09 close gunfire. ten seconds to run to the other room. The map that was shown didn't Showa connecting suite. I remember the map showing seperate hall way entrances for each room and no connecting door. I have been wrong before though. Wouldn't be the first or the last time.  Seems like most here are really stretching to determine a second shooter wasnt there. Seems pretty obvious to me. So you do agree that the soft shots heard from 47-57 are a completely different set of shots than the close ones at 1:09 and not echo from close shots that hadn't happened yet?  Seen a few more videos that are pretty obvious too. Multiple guns at multiple locations firing at the same time.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »

Seems like most here are really stretching. So you do agree that the soft shots heard from 47-57 are a completely different set of shots than the close ones at 1:09 and not echo from close shots that hadn't happened yet?

A gun fired 45* or more opposite direction from you sounds completely different than the same one firing in your direction is all I'm saying.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »

47-57 long distance fire is still going. Then at 1:09 close gunfire. ten seconds to run to the other room. The map that was shown didn't Showa connecting suite. I remember the map showing seperate hall way entrances for each room and no connecting door. I have been wrong before though. Wouldn't be the first or the last time.  Seems like most here are really stretching to determine a second shooter wasnt there. Seems pretty obvious to me. So you do agree that the soft shots heard from 47-57 are a completely different set of shots than the close ones at 1:09 and not echo from close shots that hadn't happened yet?  Seen a few more videos that are pretty obvious too. Multiple guns at multiple locations firing at the same time.

Ten seconds and I can walk to the other end of my house.  I don't need to run.   And as I recall, the suites were connecting.

I'll await the brass discovered at the second shooter location, differences in ballistics attributable an unrecovered rifle, and unexplained bullet trajectory/injury evidence, before I'll entertain the thought of a second shooter on the advice of amateur conspiracy theorists that dismiss alternative reasonable expectations out of hand.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »
So how long does it take to recover brass. I can pick mine up in a matter of minutes. Lol.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Legend
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »
Every one of 100's at night?  I guess second shooter could have had a brass catcher, and teleportation, and invisibility cloak, and . . .

There are so many conspiracy theories out there, including a self proclaimed combat surgeon saying that the actual victims are actors.

At some point, these people are going to have to come to grips that the lack of compelling evidence, coupled with reasonable alternative interpretations, means that the conspiracy theories are more than likely just that.

I have spent more than my alotted time on conspiracy theories.  Thanks for the civil discussion.

Offline DIYARCHERYJUNKIE

• Frontiersman
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:50 PM »
A lot of the radical theory's have been posted by liberal trolls trying to discredit any narrative other than the fbi.  To distract from people like me who just hear two guns.  Who hears a m240 bravo going off and knew it right away.  The truth will come to light. Is Fox News conspiracy based. Lol. Really do you believe the FBI would facilitate terrorist as described below? 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]