collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Here we go again.......................................  (Read 4606 times)

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline Mossy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
Re: Here we go again.......................................
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 06:30:03 AM »
"Nobody needs a hundred bullets a minute to shoot a deer, and nobody needs a hundred bullet capacity to guard their house."

So we probably only need a couple bullets to guard our homes??? 

Offline RockChuck

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:15:53 AM »
I guess baseball bats and golf clubs will have to do!

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
Wow, swinging for the fences.  Semi auto pistols with threaded barrels are assault weapons, as are semi-auto rifles under 30 inches long.  It also goes for the typical >10 round mag and other "assaulty" things like pistol grips and barrel shrouds.

You are grandfathered, but cannot sell or transfer (had it to anyone under any conditions) to anyone other than a dealer or give it to be destroyed.  The gun and mags have to be locked at your house (clearly unconstitutional), and you can only use them at a licensed range (no target shooting in the woods) or while hunting and they need to be locked in transit (and presumably while in camp).

Presumably you also have to be able to prove when you bought every mag, firearm and assaulty accessory.

Forget to lock it up while back in camp and you are a Class C felon.

Offline Tinmaniac

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
"Nobody needs a hundred bullets a minute to shoot a deer, and nobody needs a hundred bullet capacity to guard their house."

You can have all the bullets you want.The fact is if you shoot someone ten times your going to be charged with murder.Same thing goes for shooting in the back.

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »

You can have all the bullets you want.The fact is if you shoot someone ten times your going to be charged with murder.Same thing goes for shooting in the back.

Not if you are using a bump stock. You can blame the bump stock made you shoot the perp a couple of hundred times before you could stop it and so what if 50 rounds struck him in the back during the altercation. Yes the media will claim you were using those "automatic rounds" and had modified your weapon to become a "fully automatic" "machine gun" but you can offset this false agenda driven story by expert witnesses testifying about bump stocks during your trial. Make sure at the beginning of your trial that you stand up and shout: "I Will Give Up My Bump Stock When You Peel My Cold Dead Fingers From Around It".

Offline Tinmaniac

• Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »
Sounds good in fantasy land.In the real world you ARE allowed to defend yourself and property in a life threatening situation.You ARE NOT allowed to play executioner.In a situation like this and you happen to kill someone your only defense is going to be a self defense argument.By adding a bump stock,a prosecutor would have an easy argument that you intended to kill rather than stop the threat.I hope no one here ever faces this type of situation.If you do find yourself in a situation like this in your home,grab the 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and shoot once not the rapid fire AR.

Offline firepin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »
Sounds good in fantasy land.In the real world you ARE allowed to defend yourself and property in a life threatening situation.You ARE NOT allowed to play executioner.In a situation like this and you happen to kill someone your only defense is going to be a self defense argument.By adding a bump stock,a prosecutor would have an easy argument that you intended to kill rather than stop the threat.I hope no one here ever faces this type of situation.If you do find yourself in a situation like this in your home,grab the 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and shoot once not the rapid fire AR.
If I am in my home I will grab the closest gun, not run past my AR to get my 12g.  :stup:

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
This has been in the making in Washington for awhile now,with the recent shooting is just the right time for them to push the agenda.Just like the artical says the ar15 is just not a sporting rifle for hunting , So why do we need it?I tried to get hunters on board with making it a sporting rifle.Nobody wants to change the 24 cal. restrictions on big game hunting even though many other states allow it.It will happen someday ,ban. Hunters will not have a leg to stand on for keeping ar 15.I have all the ar15,mags,ammo I will need so I really not worried.Just great timing to get this ban pushed through.

Here's a link
http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,205241.0.html

When Hunters decide to change the 24 cal min for deer,then I might care at about assult weapons ban intel then ,i just don't worry about it.

From the artical:
Fascitelli: "These are military-style assault weapons that are marketed as such. They're not hunting tools. Nobody needs a hundred bullets a minute to shoot a deer, and nobody needs a hundred bullet capacity to guard their house."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:31:34 PM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »
AR-10 is legal for hunting and I don't see them as being any less of a target for the ban.  They have arguments of convenience, not fact.  If it were legal to shoot big game with .22 cal, it would make absolutely zero difference.

Offline Seahawk12

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
The 2nd is not about hunting.
Period.
Brownshirts are always for disarming citizens.
"I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes."
William Tecumseh Sherman

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
Period.
Your right the 2nd amendment is not about hunting , But look how it saved California's gun rights,also when the 2nd was written there was not assault rifles or mass shooting,times are a changing ,laws will follow.Washington state will never let ar15 be a sporting rifle,due to hunting restrictions,I don't see assault weapon bans in Idaho where they can hunt with one. 223 cal. :twocents:

Offline GrainfedMuley

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • That's my boy, Myles Montgomery
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 01:39:16 AM »
Period.
look how it saved California's gun rights,also when the 2nd was written there was not assault rifles

First of all, hunting did not save California from anything. All of California gun laws are efin stupid. Second, it does not make any difference when the 2nd amendment was written it applies to all of your gun rights. The citizens half the same right to the same firepower as our government. So the government does not infringe on the rights of there citizens. That is why it was written to begin with. Back then it was about muskets and cannons. Today it is about the AR-15 and AK-47. That is not hard to understand.
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey!

Hunting and fishing is boring....Killing and catching is fun.  Quote: John Hubbard,  Master Sargent, Washington Army National Guard

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 03:43:03 AM »
Period.
look how it saved California's gun rights,also when the 2nd was written there was not assault rifles

First of all, hunting did not save California from anything. All of California gun laws are efin stupid. Second, it does not make any difference when the 2nd amendment was written it applies to all of your gun rights. The citizens half the same right to the same firepower as our government. So the government does not infringe on the rights of there citizens. That is why it was written to begin with. Back then it was about muskets and cannons. Today it is about the AR-15 and AK-47. That is not hard to understand.
I said look at what the 2nd amendment did for California,I don't see mass shootings with muskets and cannons ,so there might be a difference,If your gonna quote somebody ,Then at least put the whole sentence.This is what I said.

Your right the 2nd amendment is not about hunting , But look how it saved California's gun rights,

Offline JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 09:56:31 AM »
Period.
Your right the 2nd amendment is not about hunting , But look how it saved California's gun rights,also when the 2nd was written there was not assault rifles or mass shooting,times are a changing ,laws will follow.Washington state will never let ar15 be a sporting rifle,due to hunting restrictions,I don't see assault weapon bans in Idaho where they can hunt with one. 223 cal. :twocents:
When the first was written, there weren't typewriters, phones, computers, fakebook, etc.  Should only pen, ink and parchment or local townhalls and taverns be good for protection?
How about association--no internet forums back then?
No cyberspace, so guess no warrants needed for anything electronic.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal