collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ghost camp  (Read 20938 times)

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
Re: Ghost camp
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »
It certainly doesn't look like any place special.  Why would anyone have heartburn over it?  Just move on and find your own place to camp.

Agree.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline Pegasus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 01:14:54 PM »
I agree in taking it down but be smart. Don't camp there. Let an unsuspecting camper take the space after you cleaned it up. That way when the guy and his buddies that left the tent show up in the middle of the night drunk you don't have do deal with the threats and cursing. You can camp a couple of spaces over and watch the fireworks.
This is possibly the most unsportsmanlike thing I have ever read.There is something wrong with this guy.

Sorry. I thought everyone could figure out that my solution especially about letting someone else take the blame for removing the tent was a joke. You seem so upset over my comment that I have to ask: Is that your tent we are talking about?

Offline Odell

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • the deuce is loose
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »
I agree in taking it down but be smart. Don't camp there. Let an unsuspecting camper take the space after you cleaned it up. That way when the guy and his buddies that left the tent show up in the middle of the night drunk you don't have do deal with the threats and cursing. You can camp a couple of spaces over and watch the fireworks.
This is possibly the most unsportsmanlike thing I have ever read.There is something wrong with this guy.

Sorry. I thought everyone could figure out that my solution especially about letting someone else take the blame for removing the tent was a joke. You seem so upset over my comment that I have to ask: Is that your tent we are talking about?

Joke or not I agree with you. This stuff makes me so mad. Camp there or don't. No 'reservations'.
what in the wild wild world of sports???

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »
No one likes ghost camps to reserve a spot, but if you are going to set one up, at least put a little effort into it so it might look half believable. 

Offline snake

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »
Yes definitely contact a LEO and waste as much peoples time and tax dollars as possible.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
Personally I just move on.   The world is big enough to let the ephrata boys have their fun.   I guess I live in Yakima country and am used to ghost camps.   No, I don’t like them, but....

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »
just a thought,i set up my kids 16 19 tent last year next hole from mine.hunters came in tore the tent down packed it up and set up their own.i came in about halfway through their set uop and politely asked them what they were doing.they said we didnt think anyone was really gonna camp here so we tore it down to set up ours.he said we have camped here every year for the past ten years.i said i have camped over there with my kids the past 12 years and this year the boys want their own camp.wasnt getting any where with these guys so,i call warden office,up comes one about an hour and a half later..............down came their camp up went the boys camp and after their running off at the mouth with the warden off the mountain they went.

that old tent without supplies yet might be a first timer on his or her own,leave it alone and move on.if they got there first your loss...public land.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:07 AM »
How’s that old saying go...... oh yea........EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM.......move on.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:43 AM »
Personally I just move on.   The world is big enough to let the ephrata boys have their fun.   I guess I live in Yakima country and am used to ghost camps.   No, I don’t like them, but....
:yeah: totally agree.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
I've been reading through the replies on and based on some of them, have come up with a new plan for next year. I'm going to buy about ten tents at Goodwill and place them at the ten best campsites I can find, a week before hunting. I figure at least a couple of them will be left alone and I'll get the pick of which one I want. As suggested, hopefully anyone who wants to camp there will just move on because there's plenty of land. I know: NF and state land rules say that you can't leave stuff unattended for more than 24 hours but who follows the rules, right? 1 ghost camp, ten ghost camps; what's the difference? Afterall, if I've camped there once, twice, five times, or never before, I actually have a right to keep others out, right?

Sorry for the sarcasm but if you're doing this to your fellow hunters, that sucks. It's wrong, it's selfish, and if I see it, I'm calling NF or DNR or the WDFW to have them removed. A littering/dumping charge would be an added bonus. Total BS.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »
Heck, if you can do that why not just put up the sign saying you are reserving this site for the next 20 years?

Offline skeeter 20i

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 07:43:26 AM »

:yeah:
"The world is changed by your example, not your opinion."

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »
Heck, if you can do that why not just put up the sign saying you are reserving this site for the next 20 years?

...or a permanent structure. Good idea!  :tup:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline rtspring

• Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »
Are we that anal about a "SPOT" to mess with someones stuff?  There are millions of places to camp!   So a guy takes time and gets his spot, before anyone else? Boo Hoo, grow the hell up!!!   I personally set up my trailer the week before deer season, no need to try and reserve a spot. Its pretty damn easy, get off your butt and set up your camp.   

As for touching someones stuff,  your asking for an arse whuppin!  And you mess with the right persons stuff you just might get it!  Now is all that worth a confrontation?  Nope, simply move on and enjoy the great outdoors..   and for the most part many would probably welcome you to join their camp. 

As for calling the law?  Don't you think they got better things to do then fix a squabble over a dang camping spot?   First come first served... 
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:53 AM »
The only time I don't like them is when they beat me to my spot!  :chuckle:

I don't think you are ever going to stop it, its been going on for many years and it will probably never change.  You just have to adapt.  Beat them at their own game. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:48:34 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]