collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ever had you deks shot at??  (Read 4149 times)

Offline jordanramos_79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
Re: Ever had you deks shot at??
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
Back in about 1995 or '96, when I was living in Alaska I had the cops called on me for "Hunting out of season" for shooting at my neighbors single duck decoy with my Red Ryder.  :chuckle: The funniest part is that the person who called it in was the wife of the guy who put the decoy out.  :bash:
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
Yes, but it's usually from someone in my hunting group.
:chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
Guy I went to highschool with was in central Washington and emptied the magazine of a 10/22 at a decoy spread and a ricochet off the water hit one of the hunters in the butt wounding him.  From what I know about the incident the guy was apprehended, charged, fined, sued and lost hunting privileges. 

Offline EagleEye

• Pilgrim
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »
A few years ago I was duck hunting on public land.  I had a small spread in front of me on a little pond.  I was sitting behind a log and concealed myself with tall grass.  I guess my grass cover was pretty good because I heard a little sound behind me and slowly turned my head around to see a guy in full camo sneaking up on my position.  He was creeping in very slowly and only about 15 yards directly behind me with his gun pointed right over my head.  I wasn't sure what to do.  On the one hand I wanted to call out "Hey Idiot, you're putting the creep on a bunch of plastic - get lost!"  On the other hand I thought, if I startle this guy he's likely to pull the trigger and based on his muzzle position, I could easily get shot.  I decided to stay quiet for a moment.  I waited until he crawled up about 8 feet to my right and when I was satisfied his gun was pointed in a safe direction I sad "They're deeks man." Hearing my voice come out of the grass his body jerked so hard that he lifted up off the ground.  It was pretty funny.  He said something unintelligible and then turned and took off in an awkward half-jog.  I like to think he was rushing off to the outhouse because he lost control but I have no confirmation of this. 

Offline jagermiester

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • My family is my life
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:01:44 AM »
 :yeah:
Hilarious.
It's official I asked everyone and from here on out we can say with confirmation he pooped his pants.
It makes the story better.
Lead em if they're running.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
From this point forward into eternity, his title shall be "Il Deuce".
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Duckgtr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
  • Active Duty USMC
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »
Ive shot my own because I already lost one cripple that morning and wasn't about to lose another about 9 years ago when I lived in cali. Ill admit I have snuck up on single decoys before not realizing they were just free drifters or forgotten ones in a pond never got a shot off after looking closer at them but got a few new decoys.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
My father and I had really large spread on the Columbia one season. Three fellas came down the river in their sled, and upon seeing the blocks went to full throttle from about a quarter mile out. Straight into the spread they came with two in the prone on the bow. We let it play out. Fortunately no shots fired from either them or us. The embarrassed look was worth it.

Offline goosegunner

• Hunter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2017, 08:03:23 AM »
    I have had people put the sneek on my duck spread, and also have been scoped while goose hunting. looking for neck collars I presume. The only intentional shots ever fired on my decoys were by me. A couple years ago my son and I found this little slough that we figured would be a good early season hunt when water was in short order. It is a spot that I'm pretty sure has never been hunted do to location and the misery it takes to get to it. We new it was gonna be a muddy mess going in, so I took only a couple old junk decoys to toss out, after the hunt when trying to retrieve the decoys I was sinking way to bad to retrieve them. So we shot them to sink em just incase someone might stumble upon are area.

Offline Thefishguy77

• Tracker
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »
Had a guy sneak on a goose spread once. I let him get within about 5 feet of me before I said hi. About crapped himself. He then told me my spread looked like crap and he knew it was fake the whole time, about 20 minutes worth of him sneaking fake. I laughed and told him to have a nice day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bill W

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, CBA
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 12:32:13 PM »
I considered shooting my dekes again this morning.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]