collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Guided Goose Hunts  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Guided Goose Hunts
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
Called Arron Ecthernkamp here in Eastern Wa. He's top notch, always on birds , and price is fair. he fills quick though, but a group of 10 he would more than likely fit you in. www.easternwashingtonguides.com.

:yeah:

He gets you spoiled though... no sky busting; He likes to get them to nearly sit down in front of you. It's epic and has helped me be more patient by not taking pot shots on high birds.

:yeah: We do a few corporate trips with him here and there.  He's a good guide who I've only had positive experiences with.

Are the prices still the same.  The website says 2012-2013 rates

Not sure - I just pinged him and will report back. I've been bugging him about having me redo his site for a few years particularly this year; now you can do it too!! He's one of the few businesses I know of that are his size who's bookings aren't hurt by the lack of a digital brand.

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 06:29:03 PM »
Honkstompers, all the way. He will put you on the birds and has the most land locked up in the Columbia Basin.

:yeah: :yeah: We have hunted with Austin for several years now and always a great hunt! Have to get a hotel as he doesnt have any place to put up hunters but that has never mattered to us. But if you were looking for an all inclusive you wont find better than Eagle Lakes, from the lodge to the food to the bar.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
I bought a hunt last year with the Burbank Goose folks/Paul Sullivan.  It was epic!  I actually couod hear geese breathing as they landed on top of the pit blind.  Nice folks.

I second this referral. The blinds are so well camoed that you have to be careful not to fall into one! Nice folks.

Paul is a genuinely good guy.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Badhabit

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »
If you ever have the chance to hunt Paul's Pond and fill the hunt with your family and friends it's bucket list hunt. 35 big fat all green shoots are common.

Offline Netminder01

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 07:28:13 AM »
Called Arron Ecthernkamp here in Eastern Wa. He's top notch, always on birds , and price is fair. he fills quick though, but a group of 10 he would more than likely fit you in. www.easternwashingtonguides.com.

He gets you spoiled though... no sky busting; He likes to get them to nearly sit down in front of you. It's epic and has helped me be more patient by not taking pot shots on high birds.

:yeah: We do a few corporate trips with him here and there.  He's a good guide who I've only had positive experiences with.

Are the prices still the same.  The website says 2012-2013 rates

Not sure - I just pinged him and will report back. I've been bugging him about having me redo his site for a few years particularly this year; now you can do it too!! He's one of the few businesses I know of that are his size who's bookings aren't hurt by the lack of a digital brand.

$250/person, 225/per if you have more than 4 to a group. Seems like the same prices for the past 4-5 years or more. Here's one of the videos I took many years ago of a pit hunt. There were clouds of geese; incredible. I've had more than a few hunts like that with Aaron. Sorry for the horrible video quality but you get the drift -
There are a few more from the same weekend...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 06:56:45 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]