collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Coyote down  (Read 3586 times)

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Coyote down
« on: October 20, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
Shot this coyote while deer hunting,324 yards .300 wm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:25:57 PM by pashok23 »

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Coyote down
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:14:20 PM »
Shots that kill coyotes are good ones.  I'd much rather see some one push the limits on a coyote than a deer or elk. Not all animals are equil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »
Nice job Pashok.
 :tup:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
Cleaned up, negativity on success threads is not allowed.  If you want to have a discussion about effective range, shot placement and exit location or caliber choice that is a debate for another thread.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Online The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
Good job :tup: Thanks for doing your part on our predator problem.

Offline drysideshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »
Shots that kill coyotes are good ones.  I'd much rather see some one push the limits on a coyote than a deer or elk. Not all animals are equil.

An animal suffering is an animal suffering, no matter the size or how pretty it is.  I guess ethical kills are obviously not a priority of this forum or it's moderators, so I have no problem not participating at all.  Attitudes like the one expressed above are horrible for the sport and only give fuel to the other side. I'm sure this post will be taken down, but I honestly couldn't care less.

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 06:50:08 PM »
The State has chosen to hamstring nearly every form of predator management. They have done so in an attempt to appease those whom don't like hunting.

No matter how you like to wrap hunting up in a bow it's killing and part of the circle of life. The same folks that would be upset at that pic of a coyote don't seem concerned of pics or video that show bears, wolves or coyotes tearing animals apart alive.

Sportsmen of all stripes have tried to appease the anti crowd. We've tried to  show how much $ we generate for  wildlife,    show our hands on contributions yet we are relegated to ATM status.

Perhaps it's best if we just hide and don't post any pics?

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline JustinC

• Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/CrossleyJustin
    • Rokslide
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 06:44:48 AM »
The State has chosen to hamstring nearly every form of predator management. They have done so in an attempt to appease those whom don't like hunting.

No matter how you like to wrap hunting up in a bow it's killing and part of the circle of life. The same folks that would be upset at that pic of a coyote don't seem concerned of pics or video that show bears, wolves or coyotes tearing animals apart alive.

Sportsmen of all stripes have tried to appease the anti crowd. We've tried to  show how much $ we generate for  wildlife,    show our hands on contributions yet we are relegated to ATM status.

Managing predators is very important for our small game, bird,  and ungulate populations. That doesn't mean we as hunters should disregard ethics when it comes to killing said predators. No animal should be allowed to suffer and/or the life of that animal be taken lightly. I feel it's our job as sportsman to set a good example and be good stewards of the land and animals. 

I'm in no way bashing the OP for killing the coyote, taking a "long" shot, or posting the picture.  To the OP, nice work on the coyote!
Assistant Editor at Rokslide

Offline drysideshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »

Managing predators is very important for our small game, bird,  and ungulate populations. That doesn't mean we as hunters should disregard ethics when it comes to killing said predators. No animal should be allowed to suffer and/or the life of that animal be taken lightly. I feel it's our job as sportsman to set a good example and be good stewards of the land and animals. 

I'm in no way bashing the OP for killing the coyote, taking a "long" shot, or posting the picture.  To the OP, nice work on the coyote!

Extremely well said.  I certainly didn't intend to bash the OP in my post that was removed.  Many of us have probably made less than ideal shots. I just don't think we should be proud of them or post pictures of the results.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »

Extremely well said.  I certainly didn't intend to bash the OP in my post that was removed.  Many of us have probably made less than ideal shots. I just don't think we should be proud of them or post pictures of the results.
You are assuming a lot based on a photo that you don't know the entire story on.  There are a lot of reasons that the wound could look like that.  You don't know what the shot angle was.  You had know idea what caliber the shooting was using.  You have no idea if the animal suffered at all or if it was a quick clean kill through the chest and out the backside with a massive wound channel.

Negativity in success threads is against the rules especially when you're making assumptions based off of a picture and a very brief description.

Again as I have said above, start another thread if you want to talk about all the possibly scenarios that could have happened with the above shot or with any shot and if pictures of that success should be posted or not.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 09:46:19 AM »
 :tup:
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
If I knick a coyote with my 06 it's dead... he shot this thing with a 300 win mag!

Confucius

Offline pashok23

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 07:38:30 PM »
If I knick a coyote with my 06 it's dead... he shot this thing with a 300 win mag!

Thats exactly what i sayed,but post was deleted.Ohh well.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »

Thats exactly what i sayed,but post was deleted.Ohh well.
Sorry about that, you had quoted the other negative stuff and I was just trying to keep this thread on track on not get sidetracked with all the other stuff so I deleted it all.  :sry:

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
That coyote didn’t suffer a wink. He got hit with a .300wm. There’s some blood on his south end but that doesn’t mean anything. I wonder if the guys claiming an unethical shot have ever seen a 25 pound coyote hit with a 180 grain bullet at 2900.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1