collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stella Unit  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Moose Master

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Stella Unit
« on: December 26, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
Greeting all and Happy New year.  I will be down in the unit chasing cows after the first of the year.  Will be scouting again this coming weekend and understand that lots of the area is owned by the timber company and didn't buy the pass.  Was wondering if this snow helps push them down in the area or like up here wasn't enough to stir them up.  I will also be looking for a camp site.  If you have hunted this area and would like to talked about it that's great.  I also understand if you are chuckling now.  I can't think of a better way to start off the year by chasing elk with my muzzy.   Wishing all a good 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Stella Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »
Good news is all the limpers have died off. Bad news is not much else left in that unit.

Offline Chukarhead

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »
Weyco lands require a permit.  Sierra lands don't, but you can't camp there, either, and it may be locked up and walk-in only.  Either way, there are only a couple of access points.  Snow rarely pushes animals around in the unit, since there's no connected "high" country, just some hills above in the Ryderwood.  You can camp on DNR lands in Ryderwood, but there isn't anything readily available in 504.  The bulk of the unit is small private timber parcels and rural residential lands.  Access is extremely limited.

Offline Moose Master

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 06:06:37 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Looking forward to spending some time out in the woods and who knows what will happen.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal