collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Rampant Poaching - GMU 239  (Read 2140 times)

Offline RileyH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Rampant Poaching - GMU 239
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
Disappointing season to say the least.

I watched multiple times as hunters (three in no orange) actively poached deer this year.  A Doe with two Fawns (one they missed that escaped, 5 shots total) by two guys in no orange at last light on my neighbors property (only there in the summer), they took out the back-straps and left everything else where it lay. They saw me above them on their way out and both scoped me, I hightailed it out of sight then followed their headlamps (trespassed on my property) to their rigs, got both their plates. A small 2 pt. a guy shot off the road and left to waste after he got up to it. I stumbled on his rig the next day on my way home and asked if he got a deer, said he hadn't seen any, also got his plate. A different guy in no orange hopped my neighbors fence again and missed a spike, then got on his dirt bike and was out of the country.

Reporting all incidents with my buddy who witnessed all but the spike, but I'm doubtful anything will be done.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
Re: Rampant Poaching - GMU 239
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 03:50:14 PM »
 :yike:

Terrible. Ill share some of what Ive seen in a later write up.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 04:01:54 PM »
Been a lot of trespass/poaching going on this year.  I just don't know what gets into people. 

Offline X-Force

• Solo Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »
I was up in 239 a couple days this year. Saw multiple guys not wearing orange, more driving quads dirt bikes and side by sides around gates, cross country, where ever they wanted.

Didn't see any illegal harvests but I didn't spend much time in there.
People get offended at nothing at all. So, speak your mind and be unapologetic.

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »
Disappointing season to say the least.

I watched multiple times as hunters (three in no orange) actively poached deer this year.  A Doe with two Fawns (one they missed that escaped, 5 shots total) by two guys in no orange at last light on my neighbors property (only there in the summer), they took out the back-straps and left everything else where it lay. They saw me above them on their way out and both scoped me, I hightailed it out of sight then followed their headlamps (trespassed on my property) to their rigs, got both their plates. A small 2 pt. a guy shot off the road and left to waste after he got up to it. I stumbled on his rig the next day on my way home and asked if he got a deer, said he hadn't seen any, also got his plate. A different guy in no orange hopped my neighbors fence again and missed a spike, then got on his dirt bike and was out of the country.

Reporting all incidents with my buddy who witnessed all but the spike, but I'm doubtful anything will be done.

Please report all, its the right thing to do, hopefully with the evidence you have as far as plates etc. something will be done to these folks, rest assured if they were doing the same to wolves, cats,bears etc(you know were I,m going) they would be all over it like flys on a fresh pie. Good job, keep us posted :tup:

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »
I do wish you luck in these guys receiving a citation, I've caught 2 people poaching (shooting a deer at night w a spotlight, and killing a bull w a .22 during archery). Both poachers kept their mouth shut and never received a ticket.  My word against theirs, there is a law that protects them.  I had photos of their truck, took a pic of his face, found and took the spot light, and more evidence.  I'm not saying don't report it, please do, but don't expect much. 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline pashok23

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 05:53:18 PM »
Couple years back was hunting,watching at 2x2 buck in 3pt or better area when this guy showes up with his hunting buddy and started shooting at that small buck,they didn't see me i was above them couple hundreds yards,luckuly moron missed that small buck,and after i yelled that its 2x2,they left. :stup:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal