collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who had a cam stolen this year?  (Read 7756 times)

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Who had a cam stolen this year?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »
Had a camera stolen in an area in the 356 where I've never seen another person. Hopefully the muzzleloader hunter likes my bushnell camera. I've pulled all but one camera for the modern season and will be putting them back out after the season to catch the elk migration. Hopefully my stealth cam doesn't get found.

Who else had one taken this year?
We had one taken in 355 this year too.  The other 5 that were locked up did not wander off.  We have a pretty good idea who took it... they must have thought they own the land more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh man. That sucks.

I sure hope my cam that's out didn't get jacked. Haven't had time to get it. Going to try Thursday. Tomorrow I have a date with some of the goats in the unit and don't have enough daylight to cover another 7 miles on top of the 20 miles I plan on covering tomorrow.

Offline Elkcollector82

• Work to live, not live to work.
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Hunt hard by laying boot tracks, Not tire tracks
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 06:32:28 AM »
The cams that are being stolen miles in. Are you using cables or just nylon strap to secure them to tree? Could be a bear taking them off the tree or moving them around. Idk just saying them animals can move or even chew the strap. I have a feeling most cams in backcountry are taken by animals. Just my  :twocents: I’ve never had a person on cam. But I’ve had cams moved by bears and elk. If it wasn’t for the cable I’m sure it be in bottom of a canyon.

Offline Mudball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 07:01:50 AM »
I had one stolen in 627, definitely another hunter. The random brush pickers don't give a crap when they see them. I would have not been so upset if they just took the chip those are cheap to replace. I hope you enjoy the pics of me and my son testing it.  :bash:

Offline Fish4Fun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »
The cams that are being stolen miles in. Are you using cables or just nylon strap to secure them to tree? Could be a bear taking them off the tree or moving them around. Idk just saying them animals can move or even chew the strap. I have a feeling most cams in backcountry are taken by animals. Just my  :twocents: I’ve never had a person on cam. But I’ve had cams moved by bears and elk. If it wasn’t for the cable I’m sure it be in bottom of a canyon.

One of the cameras I had stolen in the 360 unit had been cut free with a saw. You could see the saw marks left on the secure devise. This camera and the other one that was a 1/4 mile away were 2 miles from the road. The guy we think took them hunted the area everyday last year, this year on opening day I saw him and said the cams were gone. His reaction was "Oh they were here this Fall". Really how would he know that, and why haven't we seen him on the mountain since opening day. I hate thieves and Liers  :bash:

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2017, 07:56:04 PM »

100% agree  :yeah:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 06:16:06 AM »
Lost one of two on my private land in April, set up within 50 feet of each other.   (Love them trespassers)  Oh, and to the bear that took off with my cam last winter - there's a reward of 5 lbs of bacon for its return - no questions asked.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »
I had one stolen recently. It was pos camera, all I really wanted was the card.

Online builtfordtough

• Longhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
Didn't have 1 stole, but had 2 different bears mess with my 2 cameras. Left them soaking for 6 weeks only come to find out the bears had tampered with them only a week in

Offline Tomwoods

• Pilgrim
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 06:31:39 PM »
I had one stolen on IEP land in elk. We had it set up and labeled for a disabled hunter he had coming for deer season. The feeder was labeled to please respect the set up for disabled hunters. It had a python cable lock on it and they hacked off with a hatchet they also  took the ground blind!

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
If ya stole these cameras and you're on here, POST EM UP. Let's see what's on them.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:23 AM »
I had one stolen in 627, definitely another hunter. The random brush pickers don't give a crap when they see them. I would have not been so upset if they just took the chip those are cheap to replace. I hope you enjoy the pics of me and my son testing it.  :bash:

Whereabouts in 627...pm me if you want. .maybe I can help with the who done it...also don't underestimate brush pickers. They pick brush for like $2-$3 bucks an hour. It's not below them to find a way to make quick cash.

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
I had one stolen on IEP land in elk. We had it set up and labeled for a disabled hunter he had coming for deer season. The feeder was labeled to please respect the set up for disabled hunters. It had a python cable lock on it and they hacked off with a hatchet they also  took the ground blind!
Sorry that really sucks.
Thought all the lowlife were on the west side........ :yike:

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 09:25:46 AM »
Maybe this trail cam is what you guys need to be installing in those "problem areas." 

Online Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »
I put my cameras in metal boxes, python locks and use climbing sticks to get them up high.  I also post a little note on  the outside of the metal box that stealing them is pointless because they have a security code.  So far in 7 years I have not had one stolen....yet!!  (knocks on wood)
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Born2late

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
Well I guess i get to join the club. Had a brand new camera stolen in darrington. Not a easy find either. My partner and i had 2 in this new area ,Mine gone and they found his and messed up the lock so bad he had to beat it off with a rock to get the camera out. I have half my cameras in boxes but got lazy and figured no one would find it.Plus i run about 15 cameras so buying a box for every one is expensive. Back to all in boxes i guess.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]