collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: more antelope in Washington  (Read 14467 times)

Offline wa.hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: more antelope in Washington
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »
Currently the 2 plants we have done on the Yakama Nation land, the first group came from west of Elko and was believed that these lopes came from the North of there, the second group came from east of Elko and this group came from that area and possible Idaho. I believe we have good genes from these 2 areas and very different groups. We had an agreement with Nevada to return this year and bring back another 50 and release in same area on the Yakama. I am not sure what the Colville's plans are.
So far ours are doing very well and we have 30 with GPS collars and the baby fawns were hitting the ground a month ago. I have pics of a VERY BIG BUCK I, just hope he doesn't get poached. We have a $5000 reward for any poaching agreed as a payout for convictions here at the Seattle Puget Sound Chapter of SCI.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
Currently the 2 plants we have done on the Yakama Nation land, the first group came from west of Elko and was believed that these lopes came from the North of there, the second group came from east of Elko and this group came from that area and possible Idaho. I believe we have good genes from these 2 areas and very different groups. We had an agreement with Nevada to return this year and bring back another 50 and release in same area on the Yakama. I am not sure what the Colville's plans are.
So far ours are doing very well and we have 30 with GPS collars and the baby fawns were hitting the ground a month ago. I have pics of a VERY BIG BUCK I, just hope he doesn't get poached. We have a $5000 reward for any poaching agreed as a payout for convictions here at the Seattle Puget Sound Chapter of SCI.

Thank you!
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline polishstunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »
Talked to a guy from the Colville tribe and they are exchanging Turkey for antelope. Not sure about #s, but the process is in affect.  I guess they are hanging in the grand coulee dam area.  I go there a lot, but haven't seen any. Also heard they cross the river towards the Mansfield side.

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
Sounds great. I'll have to try and make a trip over to try and find some.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal