collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nikon Scope  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Nikon Scope
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
Just picked up an AR10 308, want to put a decent scope on it I'm considering the Nikon p308 4-12x40. Most reviews seem good just wondering if anyone on here has any first hand experience and pros&cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Nikon Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »
I have the P223 for my AR and like it alot. Glass is clear and the turrets are really pretty accurate

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »
Not a Nikon, but have great reviews. Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP 308 $279. I'm going to buy one for my bolt gun. I have the Nikon P223 for my AR and love it..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:16 PM »
I have the P223 for my AR and like it alot. Glass is clear and the turrets are really pretty accurate

I am also thinking of getting one for one of my 223's as well! Thanks for the response!

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »
Not a Nikon, but have great reviews. Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP 308 $279. I'm going to buy one for my bolt gun. I have the Nikon P223 for my AR and love it..

I haven't checked primary yet. I do have one of their red dots and like it. I'll give them a look also!

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Benefactor Member, GOA Life Member, Father of 3 NRA Life Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
I hate the Nikon circles in the reticle

Offline yakimanoob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:22 PM »
I have a Nikon DSLR and two Prostaff riflescopes.  You can expect outstanding optical quality and solid construction for the price, BUT when all's said and done, the warranties of folks like Leupold and Vortex have tipped the scales for me--the next optic I buy will be from one of them. 

After having some backpacking gear/apparel break down and be fully replaced no-questions-asked from Marmot, Lowa, and Osprey, I've decided to buy from companies that offer lifetime warranties wherever possible. 

So I'll probably shoot Nikon cameras forever, but I doubt I'll buy another scope or pair of binos from them. 

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »
I bought Bridget one of these when she was five or six and tried for years to purchase the accessories.  I finally gave up.  That was the experience that has brought home to me the fact that Nikon simply is not in the same league as Swaro, Leupold, Vortex when it comes to post sale customer service. 

That microscope isn't a toy and I still resent the way we were treated by Nikon.   

Offline Jason

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »
Unlike JD's unfortunate experience I have always had great luck and experiences with Nikon products and costumer service. Never had an issue nor have they asked for any money.

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »
That was the experience that has brought home to me the fact that Nikon simply is not in the same league as Swaro, Leupold, Vortex when it comes to post sale customer service.

Nikon customer service is the reason I won't buy anything from them again. I do like the scope that have came with guns I gave purchased though.

Their we want money attitude when it comes to fixing broken optics is the reason I won't go back.

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »
Unlike JD's unfortunate experience I have always had great luck and experiences with Nikon products and costumer service. Never had an issue nor have they asked for any money.

I know.  Up until that experience I had always been quite satisfied w/Nikon Customer Service too.  In fact tha twas a consideration when I purchased an EDG II 8x42 binocular instead of Leica, Ziess or Swaro that I was also considering.   

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »
I got my Primary Arms scope today. It's a well built scope, kinda heavy, but don't care. Now I have to get my rifle..
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline bman940

• Love to hunt and shoot,especially with my son who will be a 2nd LT USAF when he comissions 5/21
  • Tracker
  • pretty much retired, Oregonian for 33 years
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:24:24 AM »
Guy's, Nikon's Lifetime Warranty is top tier just like many other Optic's companies. They pretty much all need the lifetime warranty if they want to stay in business these days. Something you guys might not be aware of, Nikon Sport Optic's (scopes,bino's,rangefinders etc...) is a seperate division of Nikon Imaging (camera's,Medical Imaging,etc) so hard to blame one for anothers mistakes. I do not work directly for Nikon but I have enough friend's that do should you ever have a Sport Optic's issue I would be happy to do what I can to help you out. Over 8 yerars I have watched Nikon work to improve the Customer Service Department to make it easier for the consumer. You know the old saying, if you make 1 person happy he'll tell 1-2 people, make on person unhappy and he'll tell everyone. Keeping you guys happy is a high priorirty for Nikon Sport Optic's. While CS is not in my job description I always do what I can to help anyone out who is having a problem, mainly because if it was me I'd appreciate any extra help I could get. Happy Thanksgiving !

Offline JDHasty

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »
Guy's, Nikon's Lifetime Warranty is top tier just like many other Optic's companies. They pretty much all need the lifetime warranty if they want to stay in business these days. Something you guys might not be aware of, Nikon Sport Optic's (scopes,bino's,rangefinders etc...) is a seperate division of Nikon Imaging (camera's,Medical Imaging,etc) so hard to blame one for anothers mistakes. I do not work directly for Nikon but I have enough friend's that do should you ever have a Sport Optic's issue I would be happy to do what I can to help you out. Over 8 yerars I have watched Nikon work to improve the Customer Service Department to make it easier for the consumer. You know the old saying, if you make 1 person happy he'll tell 1-2 people, make on person unhappy and he'll tell everyone. Keeping you guys happy is a high priorirty for Nikon Sport Optic's. While CS is not in my job description I always do what I can to help anyone out who is having a problem, mainly because if it was me I'd appreciate any extra help I could get. Happy Thanksgiving !

The Nature Scope I purchased for Bridget was featured in the Sport Optic catalog.  That is where I learned of it. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]