collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kuiu users (tall)  (Read 4914 times)

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Kuiu users (tall)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 12:16:31 PM »
Damn there are bunch of you tall fellers on this site.  :chuckle: I've got the opposite problem. I had to shorten my KUIU britches. Jackets/shirts usually fit me just right

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 12:17:46 PM »
You might check out Outdoor Research.  https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/

I have two outdoor research down that I absolutely love, but they are shorter than the Kuiu. i have not looked to see if they make a tall length variety, so definitely worth checking on the detail.

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 12:29:36 PM »
I don't have any Kuiu jackets but I do have a few shirts. They all fit me fine with room to spare in the arm length and torso length. I think I'm a little smaller than you but not much.

Same here.  I have some merino bases and fit is great.  Yukon rain jacket is my rain jacket and fits great.  All other jackets that I tried weren't as short as the super down, but did bother me a bit, really wanted about 2" more on most of their stuff.  I'm a 36" pant length, but the 34" stay out of the dirt and don't high water too much except when sitting with my knees at 90 degrees, so i can get by at 34".

I would add to your list the First Lite Uncompaghre. Not sure I spelled that correctly...who could...??
https://www.firstlite.com/uncompahgre-puffy-4335.html#donation-section
Super lightweight and really, really warm and comfortable.

Haha, I can't tell you how many times I've had to look up the spelling on first lite before i google it.  Still not sure how to actually say it.

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
Thank you Olthunter, I will look into those.  Whacker, I was looking at the ultra pro.
Thanks for the input.   If anyone has more, please add. 

Happy to help, I know the struggles of finding stuff that fits well and doesn't make you look super awkward! 

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
Later part doesn’t bother me, it’s the cold breeze up the backside that gets me.  I used to cut with corks on, so I’m used to short pants.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
If you don't want/need camo, look at Eddie Bauer's First Ascent line too. Good stuff and tall sizes.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
I don't have any Kuiu jackets but I do have a few shirts. They all fit me fine with room to spare in the arm length and torso length. I think I'm a little smaller than you but not much.

Same here.  I have some merino bases and fit is great.  Yukon rain jacket is my rain jacket and fits great.  All other jackets that I tried weren't as short as the super down, but did bother me a bit, really wanted about 2" more on most of their stuff.  I'm a 36" pant length, but the 34" stay out of the dirt and don't high water too much except when sitting with my knees at 90 degrees, so i can get by at 34".

I would add to your list the First Lite Uncompaghre. Not sure I spelled that correctly...who could...??

Haha, I can't tell you how many times I've had to look up the spelling on first lite before i google it.  Still not sure how to actually say it.

It's pronounced "unpronounceable"
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline huntnfmly

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »
1 thing with the kuiu I like is the back part of their coats are longer.
I'm 6ft 215 and the xxl super down fits good the front goes down to just below belt line in front and a few inches below in back
I'm your dam tour guide Arnie please don’t wonder off the dam tour.
Take as many dam pictures as you want ....
Are there any dam questions ..

Offline hollymaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 07:34:44 PM »
If you don't want/need camo, look at Eddie Bauer's First Ascent line too. Good stuff and tall sizes.
:yeah: I even found a dark camo one.

Offline highside74

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 09:05:07 PM »

It's pronounced "unpronounceable"

It's pronounced un come pog ray

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by trophyhunt
[Today at 06:05:35 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:33:38 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]