collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peet original multi vs advantage boot dryer?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline NorseNW

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
Peet original multi vs advantage boot dryer?
« on: November 26, 2017, 07:48:02 PM »
Looking to make this purchase finally.  After the first three days of late archery elk my boots are still wet.  I said I was buying one last year at the end of late season and forgot - not this year!

My question is does anyone have input on which is "better".  I would prefer the ability to do two pairs of boots or boots and gloves at the same time.  Just never had one of these deals so I'm not sure if the "Advantage" version with the fan is the right way to go or not.

Thanks for any input.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Peet original multi vs advantage boot dryer?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:10:43 PM »
I have the double boot dryer it's so awesome. Girlfriend got it for me for Christmas and I can't believe I never had one. Helps with boots smelling musty and socks stinking. You can cover up one side with a book when only doing one pair of boots and it seems to blow a little harder on the other side when you do this. Then if you have gloves or two pairs of boots sometime you can do them both. I would go with the double. You can bring it on road trip hunts to do your partners boots and your own for the next day.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »
I have the portable 120/auto plug in, but I think the propane one would be really good for long term hunting camp.  :twocents:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
I have three of the original, two pair of boots, dryers and one of the advantage dryers.  They are mostly used for ski boots, liners, and gloves.  They both work extremely well and not sure I could pick one over the other.

For me, one of the things I really like about original Peet dryer is it's silent and when we take it on trips you don't have to listen to it running, just plug it in and forget about it till morning.  The advantage dryer isn't overly loud but it does make enough noise that it's annoying to listen to in a hotel room.

The Advantage dryer runs on a timer, which can be good and bad.  Sometimes, when the item you put on them is really soaked, even on max time, it'll shut off before they're fully dry but that typically doesn't happen.  For those that are forgetful, the timer is a good thing because it shuts off on its own.

I don't know how long the Advantage dryer lasts because we've only had it for about three years but I had my original Peet dryer that I used nearly everyday, for over 20 years before it died.

Also, I'm not sure Peet actually makes their Advantage dryer themselves because I've seen multiple different units that looked exactly identical to the Advantage dryer but under a different name.  Maybe they do, but I kinda think it's an item Peet subcontracts with to just put their name on it. 

Regardless, of which one you get, if you've never had one before, you'll definitely appreciate having it once you get one.

Offline Duckslayer89

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:57 PM »
The timer is sweet because I can put my boots on and go to sleep or leave and know it's going to turn off. I like the sound of the fan to sleep to in a hotel but I sleep with a fan at home. Couldn't imagine not having a timer actually.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 06:41:38 AM »
I've got the original and the camp propane version. They're both excellent. The Advantage sounds like a great product.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »
I have the original and love it. It’s still going strong & I’ve had it well over 10 years- I don’t even know how long I’ve had it. I don’t see any advantage or need for the timer. It doesn’t hurt anything for it to work on your boots longer than necessary.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by pianoman9701
[Today at 08:57:54 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]